HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: All That Remains - Pontiac, MI - 10/2/09  (Read 1036 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2009, 11:39:45 am »

All That Remains / Lacuna Coil / Maylene & The Sons of Disaster @ Clutch Cargos - Pontiac, MI - 10/2/09

From Sword to Sunrise opened.  They were pretty decent.

Next up was Maylene & The Sons of Disaster.  The vocalist from another great band called He Is Legend is filling in on this tour.  Man, these guys are awesome!  They can seriously jam.  The show could've ended after their set, and I would've been satisfied.  However, there were 2 more awesome bands coming up.

Maylene & The Sons of Disaster setlist (may be missing a song in the middle)

Darkest of Kin
Memories of the Grove
Last Train Coming
Caution, Dangerous Curves Ahead
Waiting on My Deathbed
Step Up (I'm on It)

Lacuna Coil absolutely rocked the place.  They had a really good light show.  I feel bad for their 2 guitarists and their bassist because their 2 singers completely dominate the stage.  You hardly notice anyone else.  Anyway, they were awesome!  I wish they played longer.

Lacuna Coil setlist

Survive
Underdog
To the Edge
I'm Not Afraid
Heaven's a Lie
Fragile
I Won't Tell You
Spellbound
Our Truth

All That Remains headlined.  They were really good, and they played a real long set.  However, this was not nearly the best show I've seen them do.  Maybe that's because the two previous bands were so fantastic.  I liked the setlist, but they pretty much played the the songs from THE FALL OF IDEALS, followed by a couple from THIS DARKENED HEART, and then ended w/ the new songs from OVERCOME.  I guess I would've prefered to see them mix them up more.  I loved hearing "Days Without" and "Forever In Your Hands" live for the 1st time, and "Tattered on My Sleeve" and "This Calling" are always amazing live songs.  They called for the wall of death before "Indictment."  Bad idea.  A bunch of fights broke out, and a handful of people got trampled, including an 80 lb. teenage girl.  Phil hardly sang that song at all, as he was urging the crowd to chill out.

All That Remains setlist

Before the Damned
Not Alone
Become the Catalyst
The Air That I Breathe
The Weak Willed
Forever In Your Hands
Six
Focus Shall Not Fail
Tattered On My Sleeve
This Calling
Undone
Chiron
Days Without
Two Weeks
--encore--
Indictment

This was 1 of those tours where all 4 bands brought something different to the table musically.  Check it out if you can.
nervousrex

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 01:30:44 pm »

saw the show a little over a month later in the northeast. Maylene was great - very impressive. Lacuna Coil is a force of nature (short set, though..) . it was a homecoming gig for All That Remains, so needless to say, it was sumpthin'..we didn't get the injuries, but we had all the slammin' ....sets were roughly the same.

pic is from acoustic performance earlier in the day.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: