HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Taproot - 10/10/09 in MI  (Read 806 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: October 11, 2009, 11:31:53 am »

Taproot @ The Hayloft - Mt. Clemens, MI - 10/10/09

It was a tough choice between this show or seeing It Dies Today @ Harpos.  I definitely made the right choice, though.  This was the one year anniversary of The Hayloft, a very cool venue.  There was a much bigger crowd than I expected.  The place was pretty packed.  I hadn't seen Taproot since their free show in Detroit in June 2008 when Rick "Jessie's Girl" Springfield opened for them.  That was a weird pairing for that bill.  Anyway, last night Taproot absolutely killed it.  Steve said, "You guys are nuttier than squirrel turds, and that's a lot of nuts."  Indeed.  My 2 favorite Taproot tunes are "Time," and "1 Nite Stand."  Unfortunately neither was on the setlist.  That was expected, though, as I haven't seen them play those songs live in about 7 years.  Some guy requested "Comeback" at the end of their set, but the band didn't remember how to play it.  On the bright side, the setlist consisted of a good mix from all of their albums, including my favorite song from their new album, "Karmaway."  That song was the co-highlight, along with "Mine."  Great set!  Setlist:

Mirror's Reflection
Myself
I
Path Less Taken
I Will Not Fall For You
Facepeeler
Wherever I Stand
Smile
Mine
Again & Again
Take It
Birthday