HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Metal Heads  (Read 1253 times)
_Mr_Tinkertrain_

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2009, 03:27:27 pm »

Crazy_eyes said: There are new bands that sound good, but the only new band that sounds like old-school thrash (in my opinion) is Warbringer.

Warbringer is badass, theres alot of new thrash bands comin out that are heavy as fuck, some sound like all school so are a new school sound, all amazing though.... look up National Suicide if you havent heard of them, they got a really badass album

_Mr_Tinkertrain_

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2009, 03:18:38 pm »

_Mr_Tinkertrain_ said:

Crazy_eyes said: There are new bands that sound good, but the only new band that sounds like old-school thrash (in my opinion) is Warbringer.

Warbringer is badass, theres alot of new thrash bands comin out that are heavy as fuck, some sound like all school so are a new school sound, all amazing though.... look up National Suicide if you havent heard of them, they got a really badass album

i ment old school not all school      ...edit button

GULCH_OF_ROT

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2009, 03:58:30 pm »

Cheesy
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 06:34:46 pm »

hmmmm
GOJIRA
::finger

forsaken

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 06:48:16 pm »

Lupin said: Metal imo kinda died around the late 90's when Nu metal got big.  Of course there are some decent new wave of metal bands like Municipal Waste, Toxic Holocaust and Warbringer, there are a ton of mediocre bands that try way to hard especially in the deathcore and metalcore scene.  That shit needs to die, give me back my Venom and Celtic Frost.

I don't know I would say metal died in the 90's. It definitely went through a transition as rap (unfortunately) became mainstream. Since the 90's metal seems to be transitioning back to its roots to a point. A lot of the old Nu Metal bands have died off and the ones that are still around and making albums have done everything they can to change their style and get away from their Nu Metal labeling. I doubt if metal will ever again be as big as it once was but it is far from dead.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 11:36:52 pm »

I wouldn't neccessarily have a problem with new metal except for the fact that they've lost much of their musical talent. Sure you get a guy that sounds slightly bad ass with his gruff, raspy voice and then you add in C sharp guitar tuning along with really fast double bass. Metal has become way too simple now. Back in the old days everything was so technical and phenomenal! They did so much crazy shit with their solos and the creativity that they put into their songs (especially their lyrics) were mind blowing! But now it's hard to find bands like those now a days. Honestly when was the last time you heard a decent guitar solo? The only thing I ever hear now are minor scales or no solos at all. As for the lyrics, depending on who the vocalist is, they may be deep and dark but there's only one problem. Most metal bands today scream about death, destruction, chaos, and Satan. I know many people will say "That's what metal is all about" But I think it's so much more than that. That to me is just a stereotype, Metal is my favorite genre in music and I think it's disappointing to see so many bands that don't use their true potential. They follow whatever today's style is, and I think that's wrong I think they should make up their own style. Show off your creativity and be unique ya know? I don't truly hate new metal, but it definatley needs improvement.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: