HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatebreed / Unearth - 11/7/09 in Detroit, MI  (Read 752 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2009, 02:37:57 pm »

Hatebreed / Unearth @ Harpos - 11/7/09

Unfortunately I got there late and missed Hate Eternal and Born of Osiris.  Doors must've been early for this show.  Oh well.  I will make sure to catch these 2 bands at the Grand Rapids show next month.

Unearth had a huge reaction from the crowd.  That was great to see since the last time they played in Detroit, on the tour with Testament, most of the crowd was disinterested.  There were a lot of people singing along & moshing.  They ended their set w/ a terrific version of "Black Hearts Now Reign."  

Unearth setlist

The Great Dividers
My Will Be Done
Crow Killer
This Lying World
Grave of Opportunity
Sanctity of Brothers
Endless
We Are Not Anonymous
Black Hearts Now Reign

Cannibal Corpse was next and played an hour-long set.  That's about an hour too long for me.  I got tired of the unintelligable lyrics, growling, stupid song titles, and clockwise long hair sychronized headbanging real fast.  All their songs sound exactly the same, and it's just bad music.

Hatebreed is getting up there w/ Sevendust and Nonpoint for the honor of "Band I've Seen Live The Most."  I went to the 1st leg of this tour back in August when they played w/ Chimaira and Winds of Plague and was very dissapointed in Hatebreed's set.  That was not the case this time.  Hatebreed played a great set.  The only negative for me was that they didn't play more stuff from their new self-titled album.  The highlight of the set was "Everyone Bleeds Now."  Another highlight, surprisingly, was their cover pf Slayer's "Ghosts of War."  Slayer is one of my least favorite bands, but that cover was really cool.  "Doomsayer" was a great choice to open with.  They dedicated "Empty Promises" to H8 Inc, Cold As Life, Walls of Jericho, and the Detroit hardcore scene.  Great set from Hatebreed.

Hatebreed setlist

Doomsayer
Defeatist
Smash Your Enemies
Empty Promises
Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Merciless Tide
Perseverance
Facing What Consumes You
Live For This
Last Breath