HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Throwdown / Bury Your Dead / For Today - Detroit 12/5/09  (Read 797 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2009, 03:32:37 pm »

Throwdown / Bury Your Dead / For Today / For The Fallen Dreams @ Harpos

The World We Knew and Abacabb both had van trouble en route to the show, so For The Fallen Dreams filled in for them at the last minute.  I was thrilled when I saw their merch table.  It would've been nice to see Abacabb again, though, and I've never seen TWWK.  Now you would think Harpos could give FTFD more than a 15-min. set, especially since two of the scheduled bands did not make the show, and about 6 or 7 local bands played.  Anyway, FTFD's set was really disappointing.  They played the show, but it felt like they didn't.  I'm not sure that was the band's fault.  Go see FTFD play a full set sometime.  They are absolutely awesome.

For The Fallen Dreams setlist

Nightmares
A Plethora Of
Vengeance
Brothers in Arms

The main reason I came to this show was to see For Today.  They leveled the place.  The crowd was going nuts for them.  They stopped the show in the middle to ask the crowd to stop fighting.  That did little to calm the chaos.  Oh well.  At least they tried.  For Today stole the show, while at the same time playing my 2 favorite songs off of their newest CD ("Immanuel (The Redeemer)" and "Ezekiel").  Bonus!

For Today setlist

Saul of Tarsus (The Messenger)
Ezekiel (The Visionary)
Joel (The Watchmen)
Isaiah (The Willing)
Immanuel (The Redeemer)
Agape

Next up was Bury Your Dead.  They're an excellent live band, and this was no exception.  They got the crowd into it.  They played "The Color of Money" while standing in the midst of the audience.  That was a cool way to change things up.

Bury Your Dead setlist

Broken Body
House of Straw
Vanilla Sky
Sympathy Orchestra
Eyes Wide Shut
12th Stroke of Midnight
Without You
Disposably Yours
Fever Dream
The Color of Money
Hurting Not Helping
Mosh N Roll

A lot of people had already left by the time Throwdown hit the stage.  Those people missed out!  Throwdown played a solid set, yet I must say they were upstaged by the two previous opening bands.

Throwdown setlist

Never Back Down
Nothing Left
Holy Roller
This Continuum
Vendetta
Burn
S.C.U.M.
Weight of the World
This is Where it Ends
Forever
Pages: [1]   Go Up