HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Between The Buried and Me - 1/23/10 in Detroit  (Read 644 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: January 24, 2010, 04:44:59 pm »

I caught the last 15 minutes of Devin Townsend Project.  They were pretty cool.  Cynic were a very talented band, but their set got old pretty quick b/c all their songs sounded the same to me.

This was my 1st time (FINALLY) seeing Between The Buried And Me.  I've liked them a lot for about 7 years now, but I just always missed them on tour.  They were every bit as good as I expected them to be, and more.  On top of that, the show was completely sold out in advance.  It was originally supposed to be at the Magic Stick (capacity 500), and then they moved it to the Majestic (capacity 900), and it was still completely sold out.  It would've been hard to fit another 40 people in that room, seriously.  Lately a lot of tours have been skipping Detroit, due to the economy.  It seems like Cleveland gets every tour, and we get squat.  However, Detroit is still a big rock and roll town.  This show proved that.  Anyway, back to the show... this band is incredible.  They had a nice stage presence, and they're all great musicians.  The highlight was certainly "Ants of the Sky."  That was AMAZING.  I'll definitely go see BTBAM many more times.  Setlist:

Obfuscation
Disease, Injury, Madness
More of Myself to Kill
Ants of the Sky
Alaska
Swim to the Moon
--encore--
White Walls
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: