HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hatebreed / Unearth - 12/13/09 in Grand Rapids, MI  (Read 744 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2009, 09:57:57 pm »

Hatebreed / Unearth -- 12/13/09 in Grand Rapids

This was my first time back at The Intersection in Grand Rapids since the Factory 81, Unloco, Memento, From Zero tour in the summer of 2003.  None of those bands exist anymore, and they haven't for about 5 years.  Damn, that makes me feel old.  Hey, F81 is still one of my very favorite bands.

Hate Eternal played first.  They were just noise.

Next up was Born of Osiris.  I had heard a lot about these guys but had never heard their music before.  Honestly, I was a bit skeptical b/c they're one of those Hot Topic bands that you get scene points if you wear their shirts (also see Whitechapel and Suicide Silence).  Born of Osiris was actually pretty cool.  I'd go see them again.

The mighty Unearth was solid as always.  I've probably seen them 15x now, and they're one of those bands that doesn't really ever change their setlist, but it doesn't matter.  They're just that good at what they do.  Also, the all-but-trademarked Unearth beer bong during "The Great Dividers" never gets old.

Unearth setlist

The Great Dividers
My Will Be Done
Crow Killer
This Lying World
Grave of Opportunity
Sanctity of Brothers
Endless
We Are Not Anonymous
Black Hearts Now Reign

I didn't watch Cannibal Corpse.  I don't like them at all.

Hatebreed headlined.  Much like Unearth, even though I've seen them a ton of times (20+) I never get sick of seeing them live.  They're one of the best live heavy bands around.  They step out on stage and kick your teeth in.  They have so much energy, and they always work the crowd into a frenzy.  Plus, they always seem to throw in a few old "rarities," if you will, into their set.  In the middle of their set they brought up the kid who is in the LIVE DOMINANCE DVD (first stage dive) and gave props to him and his family.  Jasta said, "The family that slays together stays together."  Indeed.  Also, I must say I never get sick of hearing the song "Perseverance."

Hatebreed setlist

Everyone Bleeds Now
In Ashes They Shall Reap
Smash Your Enemies
Merciless Tide
To The Threshold
Tear It Down
Defeatist
Puritain
Live For This
Empty Promises
This Is Now
Last Breath
Ghosts of War
Perseverance
Driven By Suffering
As Diehard As They Come
Doomsayer
Destroy Everything
I Will Be Heard
--encore--
Straight To Your Face

I'm so glad I got to go to this tour twice.  Hatebreed said they'd be back this coming summer, and Unearth is doing a headlining tour in March in support of their recent special edition CD/DVD release of their album THE MARCH.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: