HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expressing opinions/Debate  (Read 2729 times)
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2009, 12:49:23 pm »

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

ministrymember99 said: I love metallia
sometimes there musi an be a bit....boring (but what band ant)
i have everything from kill all the way to garage and love nearly every song
st. anger was a HUGE disappointment for me and for millions of other fans...the musi was sub-par and we all know they ould have done so muh better than that...james voals were a bit shakey to my ears
and it sounded like it was produed by a monkey
death magneti was omplete the opposite...exept for the prodution and engineering quality
I an barely hear robs bass, and there is something seriously wrong with lars' snare....
that aside its a great album
and any band that gets partial redit for getting metal its own grammy ategory deserves the respet of myself and demands the respet of billions...not only is the band great but they are oversold and overhyped...when Im outside doing yardwork and my stepdads friend sees my ozzy shirt and walks over with his red-nek attitude and starts talking about metallia and enter sandman it aggravates...and then you play that same song a week later for them and they all it devil shit...metallia to me is not a band anymore but now a name, like kiss, or the beatles......or  like all of the little pop disney divas throwing up the devil horns
it doesnt sit right with me...lol
it seems as if they arent doing this for the love of the musi anymore...im not sure if i have an awkward out-look on this are not though
Wait, so let me get this straight, you were talking about how much you love Metallica in the 1st paragraph and then in the 2nd paragraph you're talking about how much you hate them?

exatly
I have problems...lol
Well, all I can really say is hopefully you make up your mind about them. You had a good opinion as to why you liked them but then your negatvice opinion was a little disoriented due to some typos. Anyways I'm guessing you also agree with some people that Metallica sold out and whenever you hear their songs you get annoyed because they're only a name now, everyone talks about them, and you hate that. I understand that comparison with Disney divas, but I disagree that you compared them to pop. I know you're a pretty big fan of Megadeth and you probably like them better because they haven't sold out yet. In my mind Megadeth did sell out almost as bad as Metallica (and don't get me wrong I love Megadeth too). I don't know if you're familiar with the album Risk or The World Needs A Hero, but on those albums Megadeth sold out by changing their style to a mainstream hard rock sound just like Load and Reload. You know people don't realize that Metallica and Megadeth are very similar in genre and experience. They've experimented a lot with different styles, they've had replacements for bassists, they've made huge come backs with their most recent albums, both vocalists had serious alcoholic issues, Lards and Dave are arrogant assholes, and finally they're both two of the big four. I will admit that Megadeth got their acts back together more quickly than Metallica did sadly. In the end all I'm trying to say is that every band sells out at a certain point and what's done is done, they've made a tremendous come back (both bands) and I'm happy with the direction they're going today.

I disagree with what everybody says about the blak album being a sell out album...I enjoyed that album
and risk is one of my favorite megadeth albums theyve just never been the same sine dave ellefson left...its still megadeth but it doesnt feel the same anymore...I dont like death magneti, but if someone ould get a hold of it and re-engineer (re-mix) the album Id probably love the hell out of it (turn down james voals and guitar, turn up robs bass, and turn lars' snare down)
I agree, the Black Album wasn't the album that they had sold out it was Load in my opinion. Risk is also one of my all time favorite Megadeth albums. And I thought you just said that you loved Death Magnetic, except for the snare was a little bit too loud and the bass isn't loud enough? Think of it this way the sanre is definatley better than St. Anger.
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2009, 01:19:57 pm »

AlpineValleyGirl said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

AlpineValleyGirl said: over the years I've had a back n forth opinion of Metallica and it has more to do with their personalities than their music.  our nephew used to love them, even getting a tattoo of one of their logos, until he heard his grandma going on about how much she liked the S&M concert she saw on tv.  that was it for him.

the few times we've seen them in concert was when they backed up Ozzy in the '80s.  we've never bought any of their albums;  all we have is a master of puppets CD we got from Mom for christmas one year and an ex made me a cassette copy of the Black album (how romantic).  woldwarden pretty much sums up my opinion of their career musically.  after the Black album pushed them over the top, I'm sure their record company released every scrap of tape they could find to keep riding the wave, and when that was all gone and the three year tour ended, they propped them back up in the studio for more.

generally, it sucks when bands keep puking out records every year.  maybe its the record companies pushing them to do it or the band is either really greedy or desperate for money, but the music suffers for it.  and in turn, we suffer trying to listen to it.  I don't mind waiting a few years for bands to put out new stuff.
I see your point, but let me ask you something. If you were in a band, and some douche bag like Bob Rock becomes your new manager. Now you may hate the guy but what if he offers you a proposition. "I'm going to make you change your sound and in retun you'll become multi-millionaires." Every band sells out at a certain point, because eventually they need the money in order to sell out shows, play at bigger venues, or make a decent living. Now wiht that in mind, they sadly got so caught up with the money that they became a different band and making many people hate them for betraying what they used to stand for. What better way to corrupt the music industry than the color green. Have you listened to Death Magnetic at all?

the only Death Magnetic I've heard is what corporate radio is programmed to play.  it sounds okay but a little cookie-cutter.  the production isn't as deep as some of their first few albums and the Black album's production was nearly perfect.  St. Anger sucks so bad because it was over-produced.  it seemed like everyone felt like they needed to be involved instead of letting the producer do his job.  a too-many-cooks kind of thing

'a decent living' is purely subjective.  after bands make bazillions off of the first phase of their career, they should be obligated to take time off to enjoy it and assimilate themselves back into society to remind themselves they are not always the center of attention.  but, like you said, the money is soooo corrupting.

after a new band gets signed, usually after years of trying, they essentially become property of the record company.  but after they break out and satisfy the terms of their original contract, then they become the ones in charge.  I would never hire a douche bag to manage my band, especially at that phase of my music career.  I've known too many talented musicians who think acting like a douche equals being successful when all it does is turn people off to you.  there's ways to sell out without becoming a whore about it.
You have a point, the music industry today is corrupt. All bands now a days are products of their record companies, they want complete control. Bands should have all the power and freedom to do as they please. But anyways, you should check out these two songs off of Death Magnetic one's called "All Nightmare Long" (probably the most brutal song off the album) and "Suicide and Redemption" (A brilliantly composed instrumental). You might like what you hear.
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2009, 02:35:15 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said:

AlpineValleyGirl said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

AlpineValleyGirl said: over the years I've had a back n forth opinion of Metallica and it has more to do with their personalities than their music.  our nephew used to love them, even getting a tattoo of one of their logos, until he heard his grandma going on about how much she liked the S&M concert she saw on tv.  that was it for him.

the few times we've seen them in concert was when they backed up Ozzy in the '80s.  we've never bought any of their albums;  all we have is a master of puppets CD we got from Mom for christmas one year and an ex made me a cassette copy of the Black album (how romantic).  woldwarden pretty much sums up my opinion of their career musically.  after the Black album pushed them over the top, I'm sure their record company released every scrap of tape they could find to keep riding the wave, and when that was all gone and the three year tour ended, they propped them back up in the studio for more.

generally, it sucks when bands keep puking out records every year.  maybe its the record companies pushing them to do it or the band is either really greedy or desperate for money, but the music suffers for it.  and in turn, we suffer trying to listen to it.  I don't mind waiting a few years for bands to put out new stuff.
I see your point, but let me ask you something. If you were in a band, and some douche bag like Bob Rock becomes your new manager. Now you may hate the guy but what if he offers you a proposition. "I'm going to make you change your sound and in retun you'll become multi-millionaires." Every band sells out at a certain point, because eventually they need the money in order to sell out shows, play at bigger venues, or make a decent living. Now wiht that in mind, they sadly got so caught up with the money that they became a different band and making many people hate them for betraying what they used to stand for. What better way to corrupt the music industry than the color green. Have you listened to Death Magnetic at all?

the only Death Magnetic I've heard is what corporate radio is programmed to play.  it sounds okay but a little cookie-cutter.  the production isn't as deep as some of their first few albums and the Black album's production was nearly perfect.  St. Anger sucks so bad because it was over-produced.  it seemed like everyone felt like they needed to be involved instead of letting the producer do his job.  a too-many-cooks kind of thing

'a decent living' is purely subjective.  after bands make bazillions off of the first phase of their career, they should be obligated to take time off to enjoy it and assimilate themselves back into society to remind themselves they are not always the center of attention.  but, like you said, the money is soooo corrupting.

after a new band gets signed, usually after years of trying, they essentially become property of the record company.  but after they break out and satisfy the terms of their original contract, then they become the ones in charge.  I would never hire a douche bag to manage my band, especially at that phase of my music career.  I've known too many talented musicians who think acting like a douche equals being successful when all it does is turn people off to you.  there's ways to sell out without becoming a whore about it.
"All Nightmare Long" (probably the most brutal song off the album) and "Suicide and Redemption" (A brilliantly composed instrumental). You might like what you hear.

Those are probably the only thrash songs on that CD.

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 07:45:07 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said:
ministrymember99 said:
Sanitarium_55 said:
ministrymember99 said:
Sanitarium_55 said:
st. anger was a HUGE disappointment for me and for millions of other fans...the musi was sub-par and we all know they ould have done so muh better than that...james voals were a bit shakey to my ears
death magneti was omplete the opposite...exept for the prodution and engineering quality
I an barely hear robs bass, and there is something seriously wrong with lars' snare....
and any band that gets partial redit for getting metal its own grammy ategory deserves the respet of myself and demands the respet of billions...not only is the band great but they are oversold and overhyped...when Im outside doing yardwork and my stepdads friend sees my ozzy shirt and walks over with his red-nek attitude and starts talking about metallia and enter sandman it aggravates...and then you play that same song a week later for them and they all it devil shit...metallia to me is not a band anymore but now a name, like kiss, or the beatles......or  like all of the little pop disney divas throwing up the devil horns
it seems as if they arent doing this for the love of the musi anymore...im not sure if i have an awkward out-look on this are not though
Wait, so let me get this straight, you were talking about how much you love Metallica in the 1st paragraph and then in the 2nd paragraph you're talking about how much you hate them?
exatly
I have problems...lol
Well, all I can really say is hopefully you make up your mind about them. You had a good opinion as to why you liked them but then your negatvice opinion was a little disoriented due to some typos. Anyways I'm guessing you also agree with some people that Metallica sold out and whenever you hear their songs you get annoyed because they're only a name now, everyone talks about them, and you hate that. I understand that comparison with Disney divas, but I disagree that you compared them to pop. I know you're a pretty big fan of Megadeth and you probably like them better because they haven't sold out yet. In my mind Megadeth did sell out almost as bad as Metallica (and don't get me wrong I love Megadeth too). I don't know if you're familiar with the album Risk or The World Needs A Hero, but on those albums Megadeth sold out by changing their style to a mainstream hard rock sound just like Load and Reload. You know people don't realize that Metallica and Megadeth are very similar in genre and experience. They've experimented a lot with different styles, they've had replacements for bassists, they've made huge come backs with their most recent albums, both vocalists had serious alcoholic issues, Lards and Dave are arrogant assholes, and finally they're both two of the big four. I will admit that Megadeth got their acts back together more quickly than Metallica did sadly. In the end all I'm trying to say is that every band sells out at a certain point and what's done is done, they've made a tremendous come back (both bands) and I'm happy with the direction they're going today.
I disagree with what everybody says about the blak album being a sell out album...I enjoyed that album
and risk is one of my favorite megadeth albums theyve just never been the same sine dave ellefson left...its still megadeth but it doesnt feel the same anymore...I dont like death magneti, but if someone ould get a hold of it and re-engineer (re-mix) the album Id probably love the hell out of it (turn down james voals and guitar, turn up robs bass, and turn lars' snare down)
I agree, the Black Album wasn't the album that they had sold out it was Load in my opinion. Risk is also one of my all time favorite Megadeth albums. And I thought you just said that you loved Death Magnetic, except for the snare was a little bit too loud and the bass isn't loud enough? Think of it this way the sanre is definatley better than St. Anger.
I dont think I ever used the word LOVE
lol
and yes it is a little bit better than st anger...LOL

The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 08:18:22 pm »

i haven't listened to death magnetic in a year. i'm not a huge metallica fan.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2009, 12:49:37 pm »

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

exatly
I have problems...lol

I dont think I ever used the word LOVE
lol
and yes it is a little bit better than st anger...LOL
Well you did say that it was a great album. But whatever, it's cool.
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2009, 12:50:12 pm »

Crazy_eyes said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

AlpineValleyGirl said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

"All Nightmare Long" (probably the most brutal song off the album) and "Suicide and Redemption" (A brilliantly composed instrumental). You might like what you hear.

Those are probably the only thrash songs on that CD.
I actually consider the whole album as thrash.
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2009, 12:52:35 pm »

F0F_Jr said: i haven't listened to death magnetic in a year. i'm not a huge metallica fan.
It's cool. Some do, and some don't
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2009, 12:27:53 pm »

Alright, time to start a new topic. I would like to move on with the debate about Marilyn Manson. What do you think of him?
??????Deputy??????Potatoes??????

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 12:56:45 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said: Alright, time to start a new topic. I would like to move on with the debate about Marilyn Manson. What do you think of him?
He is the greatest showman of our generation, The Alice Cooper of our time, the problem is the music is not nearly as good, and although I feel he has his musical moments, he falls below average with me, I would love to see this brilliant man perform a live show sometime though.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 21, 2009, 04:31:16 pm »

Huh???Deputy?Huh??Potatoes?Huh?? said:

Sanitarium_55 said: Alright, time to start a new topic. I would like to move on with the debate about Marilyn Manson. What do you think of him?
He is the greatest showman of our generation, The Alice Cooper of our time, the problem is the music is not nearly as good, and although I feel he has his musical moments, he falls below average with me, I would love to see this brilliant man perform a live show sometime though.
He definatley is one of the greatest showman ever. Funny that you say he's like Alice Cooper because he said in his autobiography, that when he interviewed Alice cooper, he scared him so badly that it inspired him to play music. I personally love almost all of his music. The only album I didn't really care for was Eat Me, Drink Me. Other tahn that he's a brilliant artist. Go see him sometime soon!
Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2009, 06:26:37 pm »

With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know.::smile
FF7

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 21, 2009, 09:56:17 pm »

Manson is yet another pseudo-musical performer trying to shock people. Not impressed.

FF7

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2009, 09:58:08 pm »

And also, I sincerely hope that the OP will start using paragraph breaks if he plans to continue critiquing people's spelling.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2009, 02:59:00 am »

FF7 said: Manson is yet another pseudo-musical performer trying to shock people. Not impressed.
I haven't been critiquing at all about anyone's spelling. The only time I said anything about that was when I couldn't read some of what Ministry Member had said. I'll try and remember to use paragraph indentation. But anyways, are you not impressed because he's trying too hard to shock people?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: