HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Expressing opinions/Debate  (Read 2631 times)
FF7

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2009, 03:56:14 am »

"your negatvice opinion was a little disoriented due to some typos"

Anyway, I am not impressed with Manson because he is just another fad. The music is sub-par, and he is not doing anything new for music. He is an entertainer, nothing more. I'm fine with bands trying to be counter culture, or trying to shock people (black/death metal), but I think it is useless if there isn't any substance behind it.

stevenstrong
bcuz im evil.
Community

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2009, 05:07:26 am »

FF7 said: "your negatvice opinion was a little disoriented due to some typos"

Anyway, I am not impressed with Manson because he is just another fad. The music is sub-par, and he is not doing anything new for music. He is an entertainer, nothing more. I'm fine with bands trying to be counter culture, or trying to shock people (black/death metal), but I think it is useless if there isn't any substance behind it.
thats y i love DANZIG so much, bcuz even tho sum of the substance n his muzik is "dark" its still substance, and thats whats missing in almost every musical genre now n days, as far as manson goes- loved tha 1st album after that...eeeh::finger::looking

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2009, 02:45:32 pm »

i love manson...I have everything hes done exept for golden age
the musi is....average theres really nothing speial about his musi exept for sometimes he uses neat sound effex....
(sorry for the typing my "see" key still doesnt work)
He made 3 or 4 REALLY good albums and then got koky.....its very apparent in his musi after daisy and gidget leave
supestar was awesome....zim zum is just great if you get the opportunity listen to the pop ulture suiides
and then john 5 and we got holy wood and animals
IMO his best 2 albums
you an tell that manson has the biggest influence on the musi rather than anybody else in the band...but with every musiian the musi changes just a little bit...and then mansons taste grows
eat me drink me was the first album he wrote that was his "experimental album" not great....it had its moments...its most def. an album that has to be listened to over and over again to start to like it...lol
the new album he took his new sound and grew as a musician a little bit
im sure the next album will be what critics will call his "comeback album"
from what I understand hes an ass when it omes to his musi and he just ant keep a stable line-up
twiggy (former bass player) is now playing guitar, and with pogo leaving manson is the only original member left
im sure it will only be a matter of time before ginger leaves as well
but other than that I hear hes a great guy to just be friends with...lol
and THE greatest showman of this generation...

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2009, 02:47:39 pm »

"The only time I said anything about that was when I couldn't read some of what Ministry Member had said I didn't criticize him for it I only wanted to clarify. I actually think Manson has changed his music style a lot over the years. He's a phenomenal entertainer and personally, a brilliant composer. The first album was great indeed, it was very humorous and distrubing at the same time. As the years progressed his music started to become more dark and serious. He still has the shock factor within him along with experimentation.

I'd say his biggest transitions in music styles were from 1994-1998. From 1994-1996 Manson kept that humorous and disturbing musical style for his first three albums and it sounded very unique. Those were the years when he was all drugged up and was identified from the public as being "Antichrist Superstar". Then when 1998 came and the fourth album hit the stores he took a much more serious and darker approach. I think it's because he was sobered up at the time and has remained sober since then. I'll admit he's stayed in that dark and serious style of music after Mechanicle Animals was produced but there are times that he slips back into his original style and mixes it in with the current genre.

You should check out his latest album, The High End of Low. He has a different sound for every song off of that album. There's slow songs, hard rock songs, and then there's Manson's songs. The reason why I say Manson's songs is because Manson is his own unqiue style of music. I think that's one of the many reasons as why I love his music, because you can tell it's all original. It's all personal preference, but I think he has a more broadened view about how to make his own music than a lot of artists today.
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2009, 02:27:22 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said:

"The only time I said anything about that was when I couldn't read some of what Ministry Member had said I didn't criticize him for it I only wanted to clarify. I actually think Manson has changed his music style a lot over the years. He's a phenomenal entertainer and personally, a brilliant composer. The first album was great indeed, it was very humorous and distrubing at the same time. As the years progressed his music started to become more dark and serious. He still has the shock factor within him along with experimentation.

I'd say his biggest transitions in music styles were from 1994-1998. From 1994-1996 Manson kept that humorous and disturbing musical style for his first three albums and it sounded very unique. Those were the years when he was all drugged up and was identified from the public as being "Antichrist Superstar". Then when 1998 came and the fourth album hit the stores he took a much more serious and darker approach. I think it's because he was sobered up at the time and has remained sober since then. I'll admit he's stayed in that dark and serious style of music after Mechanicle Animals was produced but there are times that he slips back into his original style and mixes it in with the current genre.

You should check out his latest album, The High End of Low. He has a different sound for every song off of that album. There's slow songs, hard rock songs, and then there's Manson's songs. The reason why I say Manson's songs is because Manson is his own unqiue style of music. I think that's one of the many reasons as why I love his music, because you can tell it's all original. It's all personal preference, but I think he has a more broadened view about how to make his own music than a lot of artists today.
wow were did you hear that manson has been sober sine then?Huh??
dita when she was still with manson would always tell te press of their escapades with coke and abstinse (or whatever that halluinagent drink is alled) whih he has his own line of now...lol
one of the lyris in his new album on the song running to the edge of the world is
If god crossed us wed take all his drugs burn his money and his house down...."

FF7

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 23, 2009, 12:19:00 am »

I don't know dude, his songs sound like pretty straightforward industrial rock/nu metal. From all "eras". Dark and catchy music goes back as far as music itself.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 28, 2009, 12:45:00 am »

FF7 said: I don't know dude, his songs sound like pretty straightforward industrial rock/nu metal. From all "eras". Dark and catchy music goes back as far as music itself.
That's true but sometimes the most simple songs can be extremely bad ass! Just like Iron Man!
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 28, 2009, 12:17:12 am »

ministrymember99 said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

dita when she was still with manson would always tell te press of their escapades with coke and abstinse (or whatever that halluinagent drink is alled) whih he has his own line of now...lol
one of the lyris in his new album on the song running to the edge of the world is
I read his autobiography and I could've sworn he said he went sober.
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 28, 2009, 01:04:29 am »

Sanitarium_55 said:
ministrymember99 said:
Sanitarium_55 said:

I read his autobiography and I could've sworn he said he went sober.
maybe for a month LOL

Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 28, 2009, 06:17:22 am »

Will Manson have his butler with him again?::smile
JoeySlayer666

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 28, 2009, 12:59:13 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said: I would like to have a professional and mature debate about certain bands. So please if you only want to participate on this forum in the hopes of insulting me or other people then just don't say anything at all. The main goal I'm trying to reach is for people to enlighten me with their opinions and I hope that I can provide the same so that we can all have a better understanding of one another. The first band that I'd like to begin with is Metallica. I want anyone willing to respect my wishes to start this debate. One more thing please express your opinions through logical explanations and thorough descriptions not just "Cuz they suck" or "I hate them" Those aren't reasonable answers.

Metallica was by far one of the greatest metal bands, to me at least. Until they changed a shitload of things about them, at least a change to me. 1st the whole Napster thing they pulled, I understand they want to make their money, but I have a couple issues with that. 1., they already made their plenty share of money over the years, so why are they bitching? 2. Its gonna happen regardless, so why complain about it and make your own band look like rock-star greedy bastards? 3. Just play music, let people decide how they want to hear it, even if they are downloading your music and not paying for it, be happy they are still trying to at least listen to it. The 2nd big change to me was, their entire sound changed, when you see them live now, he sings like with no 'raspiness' if you get what I mean, thats what made his voice rule back in the day, that angry 'i got something in my throat' voice so to speak haha. And some of you might say, "well he can't sing like that anymore", well then maybe its time to quit or start another project, because that was Metallica's sound, and once you change that, it changes who Metallica is. I think Metallica needs to give it up, and retire. They've ruined their name, once again just my opinion.

Just as a side note: People complain about Lars, but honestly....even when Metallica was amazing, who cared about Lars really then either, so why care about what he says or does now? He is a terrible drummer, yeah they made amazing songs, but there isn't one Metallica song that I couldn't EASILY play on drums, not bashing him, just saying. Lars isn't really a big deal in that band to me.
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 28, 2009, 11:51:45 pm »

Sanitarium_55 said:

Huh???Deputy?Huh??Potatoes?Huh?? said:

Sanitarium_55 said: Alright, time to start a new topic. I would like to move on with the debate about Marilyn Manson. What do you think of him?
He is the greatest showman of our generation, The Alice Cooper of our time, the problem is the music is not nearly as good, and although I feel he has his musical moments, he falls below average with me, I would love to see this brilliant man perform a live show sometime though.
He definatley is one of the greatest showman ever. Funny that you say he's like Alice Cooper because he said in his autobiography, that when he interviewed Alice cooper, he scared him so badly that it inspired him to play music. I personally love almost all of his music. The only album I didn't really care for was Eat Me, Drink Me. Other tahn that he's a brilliant artist. Go see him sometime soon!

not a big fan of Marilyn Manson.  the music is okay but not enough for me to pay to own any.  and just like Metallica, we've only seen him in concert because he was backing up Ozzy.  his show has a bit too much political and religious dogma.  his interviews always seem like he's looking down his nose at us all.

the big difference between Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson is that Alice clearly marks the line between reality and 'the show'.  I'm not quite sure Manson does that.  with Ozzy and Alice, they realized they were putting on their professional personas (personae?) with alcohol and when they needed to quit drinking, they had to learn to be comfortable "becoming the character" for the show without it.  I know I can't get on stage without a few belts of Jack.  if Manson is a big one for toxic treats, at least he behaves himself in public and stays out of the gossip columns / police lock ups / intensive care units.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Master_Chief
Community

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 29, 2009, 12:27:46 pm »

This thread is like a high school English class discussion.::looking

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 29, 2009, 01:42:02 pm »

AlpineValleyGirl said:

Sanitarium_55 said:

Huh???Deputy?Huh??Potatoes?Huh?? said:

Sanitarium_55 said: Alright, time to start a new topic. I would like to move on with the debate about Marilyn Manson. What do you think of him?
He is the greatest showman of our generation, The Alice Cooper of our time, the problem is the music is not nearly as good, and although I feel he has his musical moments, he falls below average with me, I would love to see this brilliant man perform a live show sometime though.
He definatley is one of the greatest showman ever. Funny that you say he's like Alice Cooper because he said in his autobiography, that when he interviewed Alice cooper, he scared him so badly that it inspired him to play music. I personally love almost all of his music. The only album I didn't really care for was Eat Me, Drink Me. Other tahn that he's a brilliant artist. Go see him sometime soon!

not a big fan of Marilyn Manson.  the music is okay but not enough for me to pay to own any.  and just like Metallica, we've only seen him in concert because he was backing up Ozzy.  his show has a bit too much political and religious dogma.  his interviews always seem like he's looking down his nose at us all.

the big difference between Alice Cooper and Marilyn Manson is that Alice clearly marks the line between reality and 'the show'.  I'm not quite sure Manson does that.  with Ozzy and Alice, they realized they were putting on their professional personas (personae?) with alcohol and when they needed to quit drinking, they had to learn to be comfortable "becoming the character" for the show without it.  I know I can't get on stage without a few belts of Jack.  if Manson is a big one for toxic treats, at least he behaves himself in public and stays out of the gossip columns / police lock ups / intensive care units.
I can understand where you're coming from with his political beliefs and religious discrimination. His songs are greatly revolved around those two topics, but I think he has a very intelligent view on both subjects. I even find some of his religious opinions to be intriguing, I may disagree with some of them because I'm Catholic but that doesn't change what I think of him. And yes he can behave very well in public, lol.
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 29, 2009, 01:42:33 pm »

Master_Chief said: This thread is like a high school English class discussion.::looking
Lol, yeah.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: