HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: book signings  (Read 3337 times)
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2009, 09:43:31 am »

hi all whoes going to the book signings. im going to try for philly, as i live 2hrs away, i think i can make that one. has anybody been to a record or book signing for ozzy. whats it like, rules and stuff, spill the details people.::animatedlaugh::surprise

paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 10:52:08 pm »

this is me playing with my southpark avatar and photobucket stuff thinking of making a tshirt or coasters of it what do ya think?

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »

the number of times we've stood in line to meet Ozzy / Black Sabbath it usually went like this;

pull up to the store in the parking lot to see hundreds of fans who got there before you did
park about a half mile away and find the end of the line.  wait.  sometimes hours.  and hours.
we waited over 5 hours to meet Sabbath for the release of the Reunion album.  but well worth it.
you go over &  over in your head what you want to say to him when you finally get to the front of the line.
you finally get to the front door of the store.  stop and wait for the person in front of you in line to go in.
(side note;  you either had a totally intriguing discussion with this person or totally ignored them)
OH BOY!!! YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!  BUT NOT YET!!!
enter the store.  buy the new book / album.  get back in line, but now inside the store.
find a good place for an autograph inside the book.  get totally nervous watching the person ahead of you talk to Ozzy.  listen to your blood pressure spike inside your head.  okay, seriously, now you're next.

you catch eye contact with the man himself and your tongue falls out.  your legs forget how to propel you forward.  someone from behind you pushes you towards the table.  Ozzy says something but you can't hear him because all you can hear is the blood rushing through your head.  you sputter something but Ozzy can't understand you because his hearing is shot and your tongue doesn't work anyways.

you forget which page you want him to sign and he opens up the front cover and scribbles his signature on one of the first few pages.  just as your nerves start to relax, someone from the store leads you off in that direction towards the exit.

and I can't wait to do it all over again at the end of the month

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 11:27:24 pm »

hi alpine. thanx for the info, which signings are you going to. i called the store in philly about what they do. he said to get there as early as possible to get in parking garage, they open at 8am and give wrist bands out. he says you dont have to hang around but im pretty much going to stay near the store so i dont lose my chance to meet ozzy, ive waited years to see him this close going to take lots of pics while im waiting. i orderd a tshirt with the pic i have posted here, hope it turnes out nice, should get it by friday. think ozzy will get a laugh out of it?::animatedlaugh::animatedsmile

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2010, 03:34:34 pm »

I am so ENVIOUS of you all ::pouting
Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 03:35:36 pm »

Can someone get a book signed by Ozzy which says TO GNOMEY MY #1 FAN IN NZ?
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 08:12:40 pm »

I have a signed copy from the UK signings - another fan who's a friend got me one Shocked). But, I do want to get one here, without having to fly to freaking N CA to get it.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2010, 10:51:15 pm »

i got my tshirt today came out awesome, hope ozzy loves it and signs it along with the book. i have a red sharpie all ready for him.::surprise::animatedlaugh

Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 08:43:04 pm »

So who's going to a book signing? (lucky bastards)
FTW13

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2010, 09:43:17 am »

I'm goin' to the Philly signin',its only 20 min. from me.::finger

"Forever Love It Loud"!
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2010, 06:17:18 pm »

hey ftw13 when do you plan to arrive at the store? and welcolm to the line. i should be doing a countdown to philly  7 days to go gang.::surprise::sinister::animatedsmile

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 10:07:43 pm »

you BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTCHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

(just kidding)

I'm jealous as ALL HELL of you.

::c_stare

You had better take pictures and not pass out when it's "the time!!!" or get all tongue-tied.... ::smile

---
Ping

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2010, 10:38:01 pm »

AlpineValleyGirl said: the number of times we've stood in line to meet Ozzy / Black Sabbath it usually went like this;

pull up to the store in the parking lot to see hundreds of fans who got there before you did
park about a half mile away and find the end of the line.  wait.  sometimes hours.  and hours.
we waited over 5 hours to meet Sabbath for the release of the Reunion album.  but well worth it.
you go over &  over in your head what you want to say to him when you finally get to the front of the line.
you finally get to the front door of the store.  stop and wait for the person in front of you in line to go in.
(side note;  you either had a totally intriguing discussion with this person or totally ignored them)
OH BOY!!! YOU'RE NEXT!!!!!  BUT NOT YET!!!
enter the store.  buy the new book / album.  get back in line, but now inside the store.
find a good place for an autograph inside the book.  get totally nervous watching the person ahead of you talk to Ozzy.  listen to your blood pressure spike inside your head.  okay, seriously, now you're next.

you catch eye contact with the man himself and your tongue falls out.  your legs forget how to propel you forward.  someone from behind you pushes you towards the table.  Ozzy says something but you can't hear him because all you can hear is the blood rushing through your head.  you sputter something but Ozzy can't understand you because his hearing is shot and your tongue doesn't work anyways.

you forget which page you want him to sign and he opens up the front cover and scribbles his signature on one of the first few pages.  just as your nerves start to relax, someone from the store leads you off in that direction towards the exit.

and I can't wait to do it all over again at the end of the month

Thats exactly what I was like meeting Zakk - exactly! lmfao!
Very good description 10/10::sinister

paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2010, 10:30:35 am »

oh ill be allright ive met famous people before i know how to behave, still so stoked for this.. there will be pics posted .   6 DAYS AND COUNTING DOWN,   ::surprise::animatedsmile

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2010, 01:52:04 am »

I think I would cry, honestly. I can't help myself. Whenever I see a band in concert I really admire and love alot, I get this HUGE apple in my throat that I can't swallow and then the tears just start falling. Even when imagining seeing Ozzy I cry about it. LOL. No kidding you. A hug is all I would like. Honestly. I think that would be special.

---
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: