HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Album Name "Soul Sucka" Love/Hate??  (Read 3777 times)
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2010, 08:22:27 pm »

What do you think about the name of his new CD? Do you like it? Hate it?

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:02 pm »

Alot of bashing going on about it...but when, truthfully, is there NOT bashing about anything Ozzy by diehard Iommi/Dio fans online.

Ozzy is 61 years old...and has been entertaining the world since 1968 (42 years). 11 of his Sabbath era and 21 of his solo albums have gone either gold, single, double, triple or quadruple platinum.

I say if Ozzy wants the title of his album to be Soul Sucka, then the world should have more respect for him and his right as King of Hard Rock and Prince of Darkness to call his album what the hell ever he wants.

Honestly, I just don't get what the big problem is. I think it's kind of cool - it sounds like a vampirish kind of name to me, and it's got a deeper meaning then just a ::animatedsmile would.

I think people get way too opinionated and hostile towards the man personally. Damn.

---
MorbidPsychoChick666
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:24:41 pm »

f_darkbladeus said: Alot of bashing going on about it...but when, truthfully, is there NOT bashing about anything Ozzy by diehard Iommi/Dio fans online.

Ozzy is 61 years old...and has been entertaining the world since 1968 (42 years). 11 of his Sabbath era and 21 of his solo albums have gone either gold, single, double, triple or quadruple platinum.

I say if Ozzy wants the title of his album to be Soul Sucka, then the world should have more respect for him and his right as King of Hard Rock and Prince of Darkness to call his album what the hell ever he wants.

Honestly, I just don't get what the big problem is. I think it's kind of cool - it sounds like a vampirish kind of name to me, and it's got a deeper meaning then just a ::animatedsmile would.

I think people get way too opinionated and hostile towards the man personally. Damn.

AGREED

paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 10:04:25 pm »

love it. wonder what direction he is taking, will ask at book signing. the title could be a goth edge? ya know demons sucking souls, that would be cool. i respect ozzy totally and cant wait to meet the man in person.::animatedsmile::animatedlaugh

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2010, 11:04:38 pm »

As I said earlier, I also dig the name. I guess because i can see the dark side of it.

PAOzzyGrrll56,when are you going? I know he's touring back east ALOT, unfortunately out here on the West Coast you either go to N CA or your SOL. Hey, post a picture if you have a camera with...always cool to see Ozzy with fans who love him.

---
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 08:52:14 am »

im going to the philly signing and i intend to take lots of pics. i have a tshirt i made up from photobucket that ill be wearing the design is on the ozzy book signing thread i have.  im surprised that hes not signing for you guys out west, since he lives in LA. maybe later in year hell do it if the book sells good.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2010, 11:36:35 am »

f_darkbladeus said: Alot of bashing going on about it...but when, truthfully, is there NOT bashing about anything Ozzy by diehard Iommi/Dio fans online.

Dude you took the words right out of my mouth! It's so bad ass to know that I have another equally devoted Ozzy fan as I.
Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2010, 11:42:29 am »

paozzygrrll56 said: love it. wonder what direction he is taking, will ask at book signing. the title could be a goth edge? ya know demons sucking souls, that would be cool. i respect ozzy totally and cant wait to meet the man in person.::animatedsmile::animatedlaugh
You're the luckiest person to ever live! I'm so jealous that he's not coming to Seattle.
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2010, 10:01:44 pm »

thanx sanitarium 55, ill be sure to post pics soons i get them up on my photobucket page may take some time as i use a 4gig card in my camera and im going to other events before i upload my pics.

SUPERDRUNK151
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 12:32:16 am »

Couldn't really give 2 shits about the name!I just want a good all around kickass album from the Ozzman

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2010, 05:10:55 pm »

I hear you. I suspect Ozzy, Gus G, Blasko, Bordin, and Wakeman are gonna blast our @sses off. From what I've seen already of Gus with Ozz, he is HOT. I'm excited about the change-up, though I do love all the prior guitarists that have been with Ozzy, even the big lunk Wylde (the damn Viking). They've all been phenomenal in their own way. I think Gus will bring something long missing to the table, provided Ozzy does what he said he would be and that is return to his roots (as in Blizzard and Diary era ones).

::surprise  I am DAMN excited.

---
psicosis91

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

Soul Sucka sounds like a disco album from the 70's

Terror-1/30
Winds of Plague-2/16
Veil of Maya-2/18 MAYBE?Huh
Misery Index-3/1
The Black Dahlia Murder-3/14
Cattle Decapitation-4/20
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2010, 10:48:03 pm »

omg thats so funny would be so funny if he tries to do a disco song, but seriously i think it will be a dark theme. hope the cover of it is better then the last one tho, did not like that cover or the tshirts and other merch that was marketed last time.::surprise::animatedsmile

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2010, 10:11:44 pm »

Black Rain stuff? I liked that, but then if it's Ozzy it largely is awesome to me. He's the sh!tz for me. The album rocks, but ya, i can see how alot of fans were like "OMG, Who is that?" It was different, that's for sure. but it has Lay Your World on Me...and who can listen to that song and still have a dry eye??? NOT THIS WOMAN. It's more musically complex i think then his songs typically are, so i think people freaked. It's not Industrial, though I have heard that criticism.

I kind of like simple drawings like his Ozzy buttons have. maybe we'll have a vamp theme this year.

on a side note - why the black nail polish all the time. damn. ::looking

---
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2010, 11:17:28 am »

ozzy in vamp goth gear?  love it. side note because black is the dark ones color, i agree tho maybe purple next time? i liked black rain the cd just the design i hated.   i kinda like the stick drawings and the stuff he plays on the screens before he comes on stage, ive got a vhs tape of some of those they were giving out at one ozzfest, i forget the year tho.::animatedlaugh::animatedsmile

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: