HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Gus G going to cut the grade?  (Read 6673 times)
Ping

View Profile
« on: January 26, 2010, 10:19:58 pm »

Having only seen Gus palying on youtube with Oz (and he seems quite capable) I couldn't help but wondering if he is going to write the riffs and co write songs with Ozzy as Zakk did at times when the machine was working well.
If he is will he cut the grade in the studio?

Also for those who've seen Gus whats the vibe like with him onstage? Is it good or a bit of a downer?

I hope Ozzy does this and not let a whole mob of money hungry songwriters submit material like on Down To Earth.

SUPERDRUNK151
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 01:08:18 am »

Ozzy would be stupid for not having Gus write his own riffs, the man is a genius on the guitar.I'm not sure about his songwriting lyrics wise.But this will probably be Ozzy's last album so I'm sure it will be gold

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 01:12:45 am »

Everybody is spazzing over what they are doing in the studio, the suspense is JUST ABOUT KILLING ME! I really pray and hope that what we hear IS very much like "back to his roots," as in BLIZZARD days. That would be AWESOME.::surprise

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
CrmsonApron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 10:14:29 am »

Gus G is an awesome guitar player and has played with a wide range of bands, I am sure ozzy's new album is gonna be the best since No More Tears.

Sanitarium_55
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2010, 11:57:36 am »

I can imagine gus performing this phenomenal instrumental that he composed all on his own. Maybe comparable to the level of Diary of a Madman or Revelation (Mother Earth). He's seems to possess that much talent within him, it shows in his band Firewind.
The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 11:22:42 pm »

he'll be able to cut it if they let him write in the studio instead of telling him what to play.

FUKNMETALHEAD

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2010, 01:14:42 pm »

Who the fuck is Gus G.?

FUKNMETALHEAD
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 05:12:11 am »

I always judge a guitarist by their live performance.  studio work is one thing but how they RE-interpret it on stage is the only way to be sure they know what they are doing musically.  its the sign of a true professional.

of all of Ozzy's guitarists after Randy, we judged them harshly in their interpretations of Randy's solos.  Zakk was the best at it, note for note.  Brad and Jake were close but veered off into their own style too much.

the new album with Gus will be studied intensely.  but when he tries to play anybody else's solos, everyone will pick it apart like jackals in the desert.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
ozzgod38
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2010, 11:14:59 pm »

he will
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2010, 11:59:59 pm »

i can't really say much about him yet since only one song was released. but judging by that one song, i like his playing.

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 08:04:16 pm »

I don't know a lot about this Gus G guy but in the past Ozzy has picked his guitarists well.  It's going to be hard for Gus G to stack up to the likes or Randy and Zakk but Gus will probably bring his own style and reputation to the Ozzy family and establish a good rapport.  Again I don't know a lot about Gus but I am confident that Ozzy picked the right guy.  He always has.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
MsCeeAngel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2010, 02:25:14 pm »

Gus G is an awesome guitar player! But Zakk will always be the best besides Slash! \m/

~MsCeeAngel~  XD ::finger
JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2010, 08:40:16 pm »

Who the fuck is Gus G.?
Randy, Zakk Or GTFO!  Grin Cheesy Grin

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2010, 11:25:23 pm »

Recent articles said that Zakk had already written the riffs and music with Ozzy, and Gus on this album will be playing them as Zakk wrote the songs pretty much, in deference to Ozzy's style of music and his fanbase. At least that is what I read from his PR on what was done in the studio. Ozzy said that he sees Gus as having tremendous talent, and is hoping he will grow into something phenomenal with him. From that statement and others I didn't get that Ozzy plans to hang his hat yet guys,. Not sure where you've gotten that from at all.

Do you listen to what he says or read his PR articles - and base what you think on that and not what goobers who write on MetalSucks.net?

Ozzy's said in many interviews that he plans to keep on recording and touring until "one lone drunk is standing in front of the stage, and Sharon says 'Ozzy, it's time to hang it up.' " [ps...that one lone drunk will be me ha ha ha].

Ozzy said that he still has alot of creativity inside, and doesn't plan to retire any time soon. Right on.

I am somewhat disappointed to have read about Gus following what Zakk wrote in the studio, but it makes sense as a transition from Zakk to Gus. By doing that Gus will connect to Zakk and Ozzy fans by playing what Zakk wrote, but you know that the unique way two people play always puts a different slant on things. He'll let pieces of himself shine out I am sure, here and there. I think this is a conservative move on Ozzy and Zakk and Gus' part. But not, in that Ozzy's introducing new talent to his fans.

Woo hoo!

~Blades

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
DONUT_N_CABOOSE_TUCKER
DOC_CABOOSE IZ ALWAYZ LURKIN' IN TEH FORUMS!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 01:03:11 am »

Gus G is an awesome guitar player! But Zakk will always be the best besides Slash! \m/
Since Randy's No More, ZAKK WUZ THE BEST, Since Zakk...Oh Wait, Zakk's STILL Around!
GTFO GUS...BRING ZAKK BACK!!!  Grin Cheesy Grin

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: