HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Living Sacrifice & War of Ages - 2/19/10 in MI  (Read 692 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: February 20, 2010, 12:20:20 pm »

Living Sacrifice & War of Ages - Grand Ledge, MI

I got there right before The Great Commission hit the stage.  They really got the crowd going.  They were fun live, and they seemed to have a lot of conviction.  Check em out.

Next up was Lionheart.  Their drummer was absolutely unbelieveable, but that's about the only positive thing I can say about this band.  They are your stereotypical tough guy macho hardcore band who do not have a shred of originality in their live show.  It was the same crap I've heard 1,000 times over by every wanna-be Terror band.  It was pathetic... NEXT!

Shai Hulud was absolutely AMAZING!  On a scale of 1-10, they were a 10.  It reminded me a lot of old-school Hopesfall or Poison The Well, but they still had their own elements as well.  I can't wait to see them again.  Shai Hulud definitely brought their own small contingent of fans that were at this show just for them.  They were few in number, but they certainly didn't lack enthusiasm.  Shai Hulud made at least one new fan (me) at this show.

Apparently one of the local bands called The Rose Hill got in a car accident en route to the show.  So, they arrived late, and they played next.  They were excellent.  Check em out.

War of Ages came up next and absolutely destroyed!  They had the crowd going crazy.  Also, they played a brand new song from an upcoming album due out in April.  I had no clue there was a new CD on the horizon.  That's awesome!

War of Ages setlist

Through The Flames
Stand Your Ground
Desire (brand new song)
(I don't remember)
The Awakening
Heart of a Warrior
All Consuming Fire

Living Sacrifice hit the stage at about 10:45.  by then a lot of people had already left.  Probably only about 150 people saw Living Sacrifice.  Those people that left missed out.  The set started off slowly, but once they busted out "In Christ" the show was all uphill from there.

Living Sacrifice setlist

(I don't remember the 1st song)
Symbiotic
Not My Own
Flatline
In Christ
Rules of Engagement
Hand of the Dead
Reborn Empowered
Death Machine
Bloodwork
--encore--