HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: serious rumor  (Read 2001 times)
Tallica247
Community

View Profile
« on: February 22, 2010, 08:15:52 pm »

Ozzfest 2010 Bands and Rumors
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Bands and rumors are starting to swirl for Ozzfest 2010. With the traveling festival making its much heralded return to the touring circuit this summer, punters are eager to know which bands will be filling this year?HuhHuh?s Ozzfest roster. What seems to just HuhHuh?make sense?HuhHuh?, coupled with educated guesses and general ideation based on various rumors and whisperings, can be found below:

Main Stage

HuhHuh?Ozzy Osbourne (to headline)
HuhHuh?Rammstein or Slipknot or Euro-UK/allstar Act or Stone Sour (to co-headline)
HuhHuh?Alice in Chains
HuhHuh?Them Crooked Vultures

HuhHuh?Mastodon
HuhHuh?Fear Factory
Second/Third Stage(s)

HuhHuh?Down or DevilDriver (to headline)

HuhHuh?Skeletonwitch
HuhHuh?Whitechapel
HuhHuh?Dirge Within

HuhHuh?Children of Bodom

HuhHuh?Mutiny Within
HuhHuh?Baroness

General Rumors and Musings

HuhHuh?The likelihood of a HuhHuh?big name?HuhHuh? European/UK act (remember Iron Maiden, Judas Priest) being thrown in the mix, coupled with the potential for a HuhHuh?reunion?HuhHuh act (aside from Alice in Chains) to lock down the co-headlining slot on the mainstage would not go amiss.
HuhHuh?Having said that, what about someone a little more mainstream as co-headliners?Huh???our two picks outside of the above thought process go to Chickenfoot and Godsmack.
HuhHuh?One or more of the usual NWOAHM crew (Unearth, Killswitch Engage, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, etc.) will make their annual appearance.
HuhHuh?Most folks will be crossing their fingers that a Relapse or Earache upstart will make the bill (see: Your Demise, White Wizzard).
HuhHuh?Don?HuhHuh?t write off Roadrunner funding multiple bands, outside of their young guns in Mutiny Within, to get on Ozzfest 2010. With new signings  Trivium making strides across the globe with their own headlining tours, and now boasting a new drummer, odds would favor rather than not.
HuhHuh?Who wouldn?HuhHuh?t like to see a fantastic random Euro act like Finntroll or Dark Tranquillity from the CM/NB partnership come over to the US? Both are supporting new albums. Even Soilwork are in the studio again, don?HuhHuh?t forget.
HuhHuh?Leave one slot open for a band nobody likes (see: OTEP)
HuhHuh?What about special guest headliners on major city dates?HuhHuh(see: Ozzy Osbourne HuhHuh?? Headlining Ozzfest 2nd Stage In California and Ozzy Osbourne HuhHuh?? To Headline Ozzfest 2nd Stage in NYC)
HuhHuh?What about Disturbed and Mudvayne and these larger acts who have HuhHuh?done it all before?HuhHuh?? Depends on album sales (not so hot for Mudvayne), interest (high for Disturbed), and what?HuhHuh?s in the cooker for them for 2010.
HuhHuh?Note: Various acts above (Mastodon, Lamb of God, etc.) could be interchanged between slots. Noted that acts like Dillinger Escape Plan are on other tours, but routing and dates for Ozzfest is still TBD.
HuhHuh?Note: Who knows how Team Ozzfest are going to spin it this year. Will it be big bands and no side-stage at specific stops, or a full blown multi-stage tour?
Magson13

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2010, 09:07:58 pm »

Again, no one will co-headline with Ozzy. It's his tour. Unless he secures someone along the lines of Judas priest, there is no co-headlining Ozzfest.

Tallica247
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 08:27:52 pm »

co/headline is a nice way of saying you play
2nd to last
::smile
bosoxs2000

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 09:56:08 pm »

Just look for bands who have recently put out albums or who plan on this year. Here's my prediction:

Main Stage
Ozzy Osbourne
Motorhead
Rammsteinn
Serj Tankian
Anthrax

Second Stage
DevilDriver
Down
Fear Factory
Cavalera Conspiracy
The Sword

Third Stage
Atreyu
Between the Buried and Me
High on Fire
Mutiny Within
Lazarus A.D.

Few problems with suggested setlists:
1. Alice in Chains/TCV not metal enough for Ozzfest (unfortunatly)
2.Mastodon and COB have come off heavy touring cycles

Very good otherwise. They come north of the border this year, i will be there.

::finger

For you are no longer alone, walk with me in HELL!!!
Magson13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 09:22:51 pm »

Tallica247 said: co/headline is a nice way of saying you play
2nd to last
::smile

No.... Coheadline is a way of saying it's equally both bands' tour. Playing second to last is the "direct support" slot.

darkbook

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2010, 06:19:00 pm »

WOULD LOVE SOME DARK TRANQUILLITY ON THAT BILL.....::finger

Woldwarden1349

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2010, 01:21:28 pm »

Something that has been bothering me. There will not be a 3rd stage. There has never been a third stage on a touring Ozzfest.  This is my prediction nonetheless.

MAINSTAGE:
Black Sabbath
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Bullet For my Valentine
Carcass?

SECOND STAGE:
Fear Factory
Hellyeah
Arch Enemy
Unearth
The Sword
Suicide Silence
Whitechapel

+other terrible deathcore acts.

Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2010, 01:30:00 pm »

I don't know if you guys have heard them, but Dirge Within are the new "groundbreaking" band that sucks.  Just like Lamb of God was.

Handerson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2010, 03:01:41 pm »

Bosox: Atreyu is on Mayhem, so they're out
Darkbook: WOULD LOVE SOME FUCKIN DARK TRANQUILLITY!!!
Detective somethin or other: Dirge Within doesn't suck, they have the serious eyeliner look which i don't dig, but they play some quality metal. And why are you saying Lamb of God suck? What does that achieve?

I am the DICTATOR, and I rule with an IRON DICK!!!
Handerson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2010, 03:03:32 pm »

also, who's to say that AIC and TCV aren't metal enough for Ozzfest? Look at Freefest (Mondo Generator and Circus Diablo) and Foo Fighters have done an Ozzfest euro tour.

I am the DICTATOR, and I rule with an IRON DICK!!!
the_berzerker

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 04:19:03 pm »

mondo generator lasted like 3 shows  because they were terrible and everybody hated them.  circus diablo wasnt very good either.     I hope AIC or TCV neither one are there.  AIC isnt AIC without Layne.
Death_By_Agony

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 07:01:59 pm »

Have a Feeling Ozzfest may look like this
MAINSTAGE:
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax

Second stage:(Headliners)
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Label Society
Testament
All That Remains
Lacuna coil
Unearth
Devildriver

Second stage: (rotating bands)
Bleeding Through
Dope
Born of Osiris
Crooked X
Gojira
Warbringer
Gorgeous Frankenstein
Skeletonwitch
Dirge Within
Taking Dawn
Divinity
FF7

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2010, 07:17:35 pm »

Woldwarden1349 said: Something that has been bothering me. There will not be a 3rd stage. There has never been a third stage on a touring Ozzfest.  This is my prediction nonetheless.

MAINSTAGE:
Black Sabbath
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
Bullet For my Valentine
Carcass?

SECOND STAGE:
Fear Factory
Hellyeah
Arch Enemy
Unearth
The Sword
Suicide Silence
Whitechapel

+other terrible deathcore acts.

Dude there is no chance in hell fuckin CARCASS is going to play Ozzfest. I wish they would, it'd be fucking sick and I'd go, but that shit does not appeal to the masses at all. Which is what Ozzfest is all about

Detective_Jormungandr

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2010, 08:29:06 pm »

Detective somethin or other: Dirge Within doesn't suck, they have the serious eyeliner look which i don't dig, but they play some quality metal. And why are you saying Lamb of God suck? What does that achieve?
Well, I was just comparing them.  But Dirge WIthin are just generic, and write bad songs.  Take Force Fed Lies for example.  It starts with a dull riff that just repeats and is unoriginal and boring, there's some structure, a chorus, then this really bad guitar solo that's all out of key and just takes up time, then a non redeeming finish.  Not to mention the bad lyrics.
I'm sorry to be harsh on them, but I just don't think they deserve much of the praise they get.  At least they aren't another deathcore band.

bosoxs2000

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2010, 08:20:13 pm »

Death_By_Agony said: Have a Feeling Ozzfest may look like this
MAINSTAGE:
Metallica
Megadeth
Slayer
Anthrax

Second stage:(Headliners)
Ozzy Osbourne
Black Label Society
Testament
All That Remains
Lacuna coil
Unearth
Devildriver

Second stage: (rotating bands)
Bleeding Through
Dope
Born of Osiris
Crooked X
Gojira
Warbringer
Gorgeous Frankenstein
Skeletonwitch
Dirge Within
Taking Dawn
Divinity

I just got a hard on looking at this. If it was this, i would pay to see this ANYWHERE!!!

For you are no longer alone, walk with me in HELL!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: