HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2010: a fall arena tour?  (Read 1574 times)
metalrulz4life

View Profile
« on: March 19, 2010, 03:08:09 pm »

I would hate to think there would be another year with out a full Ozzfest tour. I am beginning to think Sharon may just make it a fall arena tour to deal with Ozzy's allergies. Seems to be getting more likely with no info yet released.

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 04:40:13 pm »

It would make since...at least we would have one
Personally I would not be disappointed...I prefer indoor shows anyway
but its a summer touring festival until notified otherwise.

Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 05:34:26 pm »

You know what you can do with them dishes. And if you ain't man enough to do it for yourself, I'd be happy to oblige. I really would.::smile
eXile59

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 05:35:58 pm »

Its harder to attend fall tours for a lot of college students there for I would think it would be harder to make money. That being said if the line up was good enough and ticket prices weren't out of control I would go to a fall tour.

Rocknrollcola
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 07:37:55 pm »

I have a feeling it will be something similar to 2008.

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 08:24:39 pm »

Rocknrollcola said: I have a feeling it will be something similar to 2008.
YOUR FEELINGS BETRAY YOU YOUNG SKYW....I mean...Rocknrollcola...(cough)

goddess79

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:43:12 pm »

I thought that too..until I talked to Big Dave (Ozzy's Emcee/Assistant)
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2010, 11:03:09 pm »

Fall tour would be worse strictly because a lot of people would be in school.  You can't have a tour like that while people are in school.

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2010, 11:06:33 pm »

Crazy_eyes said: Fall tour would be worse strictly because a lot of people would be in school.  You can't have a tour like that while people are in school.
well if people really LOVED the music they would plan ahead to where they could miss school
prioritize wisely
Im going out of town for a whole weekend to TEXAS FRIGHTMARE FESTIVAL the weekend before finals....it just takes proper planning
and when I was in high school I went to plenty of shows on school nights and attended class the very next day...and shows dont come within 2 hours of where I live......just saying::animatedlaugh

puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2010, 01:29:59 am »

goddess79 said:
I thought that too..until I talked to Big Dave (Ozzy's Emcee/Assistant)
and what did big dave have to say?

paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2010, 07:08:24 am »

yeah tell us what the man said, i think ozzfest is better suited for ampitheators and such. maybe ozzy alone for the areana settings in fall/winter, not ozzfest, one thing where would they put the stages and venders in a small arena?  there is not enough room ta spread out the sound and party atmosphere in the arenas. they need tha space people.::surprise::animatedsmile

FUKNMETALHEAD

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2010, 10:20:26 am »

The very first Ozzfest I attended was in 97, which was schedualed for the floatrite ampatheater in Wisconsin. This is a little town about 45min east of Minn st. Paul,that has to be one of the most religiouse towns I know of. Because Marilyn Manson was in the line up they wouldnt let the show happen,so they moved the show to the Metor Dome in Minn St. Paul. I would guess there had to be 40 to 45'000 people in this dome,with 2 stages. and the main stage took up close to 1/4 the stadium. I cant say it was a bad experience,but after attending Ozzfest in a open ampatheater,there really is no comparison. The show was so loud in the dome that it litterally hurt after 10hrs of mosting,drinking and everything else that was going on. There was ABSOLUTLY no walking room. I was in between stages when Pantera got on and I couldn't move,and I was aprox 100 to 150 feet away form the stage. Now dont get me wrong,I dont care where I have to see Ozzfest,becasue for my first fest,that was bad ass. Take a look at the line up that year and tell me that wouldnt have been a kick ass show. They could hold it in a basment of a run down shack and I would attend. OZZFEST is the greatest tour of all times and always will be.

FUKNMETALHEAD
MVP

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2010, 04:02:00 pm »

For some it will be better in the fall since it will be cooler. The $12 beers kill you.

Hello Me, It's Me again::laugh
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: