HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unearth - Detroit, MI - 3/27/10  (Read 657 times)
KevinDeets

View Profile
« on: March 28, 2010, 10:26:40 am »

Unearth - 3/27/10 in Detroit, MI @ Magic Stick

Your Demise opened the show.  They got the crowd into it early.  I liked 'em, and I'd go see them again.  At first I was bummed that Darkest Hour wasn't the special guest for the Detroit date of this tour, but Your Demise was good.  Besides, I'll see Darkest Hour with The Dillinger Escape Plan on Thursday.

Next up was The Ghost Inside.  This is when the show really started to get nuts.  Tons of stage dives & sing alongs by the crowd.  These guys are awesome.  Check 'em out.

The Ghost Inside setlist

Destined
Shiner
Provoke
Between the Lines (new song)
The Brave
Siren Song
Faith or Forgiveness

I don't envy any band that has to follow The Ghost Inside, but Carnifex did it well.  They kind of had a bit of a death metal vibe.  I'd go see them again.

Carnifex setlist

Hell Chose Me
My Heart in Atrophy
Entombed Monarch
Sorrowspell
In Coalesce With Filth and Faith
Lie to My Face

This was my 3rd time seeing Veil of Maya.  These guys are really good musicians, and the new songs sounded great.

Veil of Maya setlist

Crawl Back
(don't remember this song)
Unbreakable (new song)
It's Not Safe to Swim Today (w/ Jon from The Ghost Inside)
Namaste (new song)
We Bow in its Aura

Stick to Your Guns was next.  They are one of those bands where the crowd just goes bonkers for them during their live set.  The last song they did was unintelligable for me b/c it was just a bunch of kids on stage screaming.  They let Emery Keathey's (deceased Cold As Life guitarist) kid do a stage dive.  That kid can't be older than five.  That was cool.

Stick To Your Guns setlist

Driving Force (I think)
Part of Me
Where the Sun Never Sleeps (new song)
Enough is Enough
Tonight's Entertainment
What Goes Around (new song)
Impact
(don't know - it was a big mass of 30 people on stage screaming)

Unearth headlined.  I was worried that the crowd wouldn't have any energy left or that the hardcore kids wouldn't be into Unearth.  Neither was the case.  The crowd went off for Unearth.  The pit was especially crazy during "Endless" and "This Lying World."  Seeing Buz do the first guitar solo of "Zombie Autopilot" never ceases to amaze me.  They dedicated "Bloodlust of the Human Condition" to The Black Dahlia Murder and Walls of Jericho.  Good stuff.

Unearth setlist

Crow Killer
The Great Dividers
Giles
Zombie Autopilot
This Lying World
One Step Away
Endless
The March
Bloodlust of the Human Condition
My Will Be Done
Black Hearts Now Reign

This tour was fantastic.  All of the bands were solid, and the crowd went off for all of them.  The music was diverse enough to keep it interesting, too.  The Magic Stick doesn't have a barricade, so there was a real connection between the bands and the audience throughout the entire show.  Tons of stage dives, high fives, and sing alongs.  Plus, you could tell that all the bands were having a BLAST on this tour.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: