HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I Am Ozzy Contest  (Read 5218 times)
stormhammer99

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2010, 03:43:46 pm »

Metal-Rules.com is looking for the Ultimate Ozzy Osbourne fan. You have witnessed his explosive live in-concert performances, worshipped his albums and have remained loyal all of these years to the undisputed Prince of Darkness. Now are you ready to hear the Ozz-man himself tell his story like only he can tell it?

Email your Ultimate Ozzy Fan essay consisting of three to five paragraphs to stormhammer22@hotmail.com and tell us why you should be considered The Ultimate Ozzy Fan. Metal-Rules.com will select five winning essays and publish them on the website.

Five winners will be awarded a complimentary copy of "I Am Ozzy" the exciting new autobiography from Ozzy Osbourne. Contest open to citizens of all ages in North America and Canada only.
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 04:50:29 pm »

what a great prize ::looking

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2010, 09:57:57 pm »

what a jerk.

i think the prize WAS worth it, in fact? I won. sheesh. some people are such @ssholes.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
Ask_Doc_Spock
{Unlock teh Madness!}
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2010, 05:02:49 am »

what a jerk.

i think the prize WAS worth it, in fact? I won. sheesh. some people are such @ssholes.
EXACTLY! you ALWAYS win. when dont you win. oh wait. thats when you dont. but be glad THAT doesnt happen!

RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 01:53:01 am »

what a jerk.

EXACTLY! you ALWAYS win. when dont you win. oh wait. thats when you dont. but be glad THAT doesnt happen!

You always win? Hmmm. Then I guess all entrants maintain a website in Ozzy's honor, have been fans 33 years, have thousands of SELECT pictures of him, hundreds of articles, biographies, and books, and also know a shit load of stuff from interesting to idiotic about the man and his music covering his 40 years of stardom. Little beyond an ordinary fan.

But you know something? I know people that BLOW ME AWAY with things they've done in their love for Ozzy. I know a guy who also won, and let me say I bow to the sheer magnitude of things he has (t-shirts, posters, tatoo's, buttons, ticket stubs, magazine articles, rings, all kinds of collectibles) and concerts he's been to as a 30-something year fan of Ozzy. He applied because I mentioned it to him. Another who is like that one didn't qualify because he lives in the UK. Others I've met since? ... Who knows if they submitted for the contest. There's one guy in particular that if the number of times he's seen Ozzy is for reals puts all of the aforementioned to shame. He's been on this site. Damned straight. Roll Eyes

So ... now I own one signed copy from the UK, one from UK Amazon.com unsigned, and one signed from the US. Can you say that?   Roll Eyes

---
da_wizard
spreading his magic
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

somebody is a proud peacock Grin

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 12:11:29 am »

damned straight!  Grin

---
Ask_Mr_Owl
taste tester
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 08:23:52 am »

Grin  That's just Fabulous!

But you may never know...
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 11:52:09 pm »

what a jerk.

You always win? Hmmm. Then I guess all entrants maintain a website in Ozzy's honor, have been fans 33 years, have thousands of SELECT pictures of him, hundreds of articles, biographies, and books, and also know a shit load of stuff from interesting to idiotic about the man and his music covering his 40 years of stardom. Little beyond an ordinary fan.

But you know something? I know people that BLOW ME AWAY with things they've done in their love for Ozzy. I know a guy who also won, and let me say I bow to the sheer magnitude of things he has (t-shirts, posters, tatoo's, buttons, ticket stubs, magazine articles, rings, all kinds of collectibles) and concerts he's been to as a 30-something year fan of Ozzy. He applied because I mentioned it to him. Another who is like that one didn't qualify because he lives in the UK. Others I've met since? ... Who knows if they submitted for the contest. There's one guy in particular that if the number of times he's seen Ozzy is for reals puts all of the aforementioned to shame. He's been on this site. Damned straight. Roll Eyes

So ... now I own one signed copy from the UK, one from UK Amazon.com unsigned, and one signed from the US. Can you say that?   Roll Eyes
I ran this through Babblefish and it translates to, "(They) are bigger Ozzy fans than all the rest of you put together"

I also tried to find her autographed-book-winning entry which was supposed to be published to their website.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »

I ran this through Babblefish and it translates to, "(They) are bigger Ozzy fans than all the rest of you put together"

I also tried to find her autographed-book-winning entry which was supposed to be published to their website.

Not sure what you're saying here Alpine. By appearances that is a spiteful response. Not that I need to explain, but I will anyways.

In truth, my words are "I acknowledge that when it comes to being a super fan, there are those out there who blow anything I might express in my love for Ozzy away." Have you been to see him 70+ times? I haven't. With regards to the contest, are you asking if what I am saying is for real? I'd be happy to supply the proof. I can post a photograph of the unopened box it is in, with the address of where it came from. Or, feel free to send an email to the guy we had to email for the contest and ask him who won. If you'd like, want a copy of the notification of when I won and the personal message it contained? As for the version from the UK, I can similarly provide any threads of emails from a big time Ozzfan there who got me my copy after standing in line quite a long time after a funeral, so he was in a suit and tie unlike 99.9% of the fans there. I can also provide the receipt for the copy I got mailed to me from Amazon.uk (arriving when it was released there instead of when it was here, which was later, cuz I couldn't wait). Not sure why the Metal-Rules.com site didn't publish the fan stuff like promised. I have searched their website in vain for what they said they were going to post and never found squat. I was disappointed. I do have a copy of the email I sent though, the one that won.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 04:42:01 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 01:00:29 am »

hey, I think its kinda sad we can't all read your winning entry like it was promised on their site.
not that we don't believe you or anything, if that's what you think
if you still have a copy of it, post it here so we can all read it.

okay, we've only seen ozzy about 45 times over the last 30 years and our pile of ozzy swag is pretty high.
and I do my best to promote him positively.  we just initiated our nephew and his friend tonight.

but, well your response was basically shoving your fandom in our faces.  so chill out a little, eh?

grinn
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 11:08:42 am »

Cheesy

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 11:38:13 pm »

but, well your response was basically shoving your fandom in our faces.  so chill out a little, eh?

My response was to what I read as sarcasm from people about the contest and winning a copy of Ozzy's book. Kola_Nut appeared to be implying you won if you replied which was not the case. My entry named 2 lifetime fans and their Facebook URLs. I deferred to them as the Ultimate fans. That might be a problem. The guy who wrote me back said most people didn't put alot of detail in their responses as I did, and he wished they had. Maybe that was the problem.

If you've all that love for all those years and then some, why didn't you apply for the contest. Or did you, and you were not very wordy? Did you not care to apply?

---
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 11:58:33 pm »

we didn't get to read your winning entry so we don't know about the references in your essay

I am secure enough in my love for Ozzy that I don't need to enter a contest to prove it to anyone
obviously, there are people out there who deserve the title of Ultimate Ozzy Fan more than I do.
besides, I already have two autographed copies of his book

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:59 pm »

we didn't get to read your winning entry so we don't know about the references in your essay

I am secure enough in my love for Ozzy that I don't need to enter a contest to prove it to anyone
obviously, there are people out there who deserve the title of Ultimate Ozzy Fan more than I do.
besides, I already have two autographed copies of his book

So reading between the lines... does that mean because I entered this contest I am not secure in my love for Ozzy and that arrogance or something dysfunctional is what motivated me to enter?  Angry

Let me explain why I applied Alpine. Again, despite your responses begging that I not say anything given they are bitchy and unkind, and not at all conversation between two mutual Ozzy fans.

On Valentine's day this year one of my 4 dogs, a female, went missing. The notice about Ozzy coming to AZ appeared around that time. Although usually online in forums frequently during the week, that week I was not online at all. I was first driving the meadows near my house and the streets, eventually expanding to a 40 mi radius. She would NEVER disappear for that much time, I knew something was wrong.

Feb 19th, the night before Ozzy got to Tempe, Copper was shot by an old german farmer less than 2 miles from my house. We live rural. He claims she just showed up. He admits he trapped her because she was so sweet and smart, his wife wanted to keep her. She was not fed for 5 days, and never warmed up to him or his wife. They released her, and she killed one of his free roaming fat @ss chickens. So, he took her out to a field, and shot her between the eyes. I found out that he had her a few hours too late. Someone else
s dog had been out and roaming with her apparently. His dog returned, Copper couldn't because they'd trapped her. Anyways, he admitted what he'd done, and told me she was in a shallow grave. He dug her up and I was burying her the day Ozzy was in town.

The reason I share this? Because while I'd gotten my copy of my book when it was released in the UK, and my friend Andy got me a copy from the signing in Birmingham, I wasn't able to be there for the AZ book signing, and I was crushed. Even had I known he was in town I would still have been taking care of my baby girl.

When the contest came around, I felt like this was a way to share in the joy of other fans indirectly, and get my copy of a US signed book. Not just that, but Ozzy has been with me, figuratively speaking "walking with me in my life" since I was 12. I became a 'real' fan of Sabbath when I was 14. But I liked his stuff when I was 12. Sabbath was my first concert, though sadly I missed Ozzy and saw Dio, to my great disappointment. I never did like any lineup but Ozzy, Butler, Iommi & Ward. I have always loved him. He changed my life!

I can't possibly explain in a short way how much he means to me, but my continued love for rock (including what is now called 'metal') started with hearing his pipes singing NIB, Fairies Wear Boots, Iron Man, etc., way back when. He was like part of me and my friends ring, all of Sabbath was. In those days, we used to hang at a park and someone would blast out Sabbath, Zeppelin, Skynyrd, the Doors, Hendrix, and so on. They were huge parts of our days hanging.

I really wish you'd "lighten up" yourself. You've been very nasty in responses to me since the issue with Latimer's Mercy. It gets old dealing with the hostility randomly flung around here. I enjoy a good debate, but not being called shallow and self-seeking when that is THE LAST thing I am. Joking with someone because heck yea, it pleased me that I won, doesn't mean you should take out the razor and  use it on me, oK?

« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 10:56:33 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: