HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzy's GG Interview said Ozzfest..  (Read 12401 times)
Manson91

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:34 am »

Manson_Fan22 said:

Sex_E_Manbeast said:

Manson91 said: Could Type O Negative be the the band? They were big in the 90's and played in the first Ozzfest. With Peter Steele's passing, it could be a great tribute, but who would do the singing? No once could replace those vocals.

Ozzfest 2001 was not the best lineup ever, 2004 or 2005 would take that title.

No one will ever be able to take Peter Steele's place, he was an insane vocalist.

You got that right, but i would really like to see a tribute to him somehow and this would make sence, i just don't understand how it would work though, maybe have the fans sing? Idk sounds crazy but cool.

Ozzfest 2001 was the best Ozzfest Lineup of ALL TIME! ::finger
victherattlehead

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 26, 2010, 02:43:38 am »

The huge 90's  band playing Ozzfest again is confusing me, do you think he meant a band you NEVER thought you would see again:  That would leave these bands

Stone Temple Pilots: back together, 90s band, new album, was rumored to be on Ozzfest for months, Velvet Revolver played a few years ago.

Alice in Chains:  Not starting their tour until FALL with Deftones, band is back together, new lead singer, rumored for a while to play

Faith No More:  Logical choice cuz the drummer was with Ozzy for years, and nobody ever  thought Faith No More would be back together,schedule is free and just sold 50 thousand plus Tickets co headlining Coechella in CA

Rage Against the Machine: Huge band!  Playing some shows overseas in summer, if Ozzfest is under 20 dates, it could be them!  

Now for HUGE bands that may play Ozzfest again:

Metallica: I heard they were going to tour for another 6 months. HUGE  band.  No new tour dates, after June, sp their freeto play, but they were big in the 80's too.  I havn't heard any rumors from Metallica fan club members too, so if there on it would be a fortunate suprise.

Tool:  They said in interview a while back (sorry no link) they would never play Ozzfest again, HUGE 90's band, I saw them play in front of 40,000 people last Sept.  They could be a possiblity, but nothing to promote.  

Limp bizkit:  There is no way they will be there, last time people were throwing things at them

Fear Factory: May be on the line up, Dinos back in, but they are a club band, and not huge

The Deftones:  Huge in the 90"s, not as big now, They have been doing benefit shows for Chi, their base player in a coma, could use the money.  AIC tour don't start until  Feb.

Manson: his schedule is free, HUGE, kind of a 90s band, but not promoting

Sooo, it should be one or two of those bands playing, and I expect Halford (he said he is doing two upcoming tours, and is great friends with the Osbourne camp , said he will play Fight and Priest songs) to play solo, and probably headline the second stage.  I expect Children of Bodom, Bullet for my Valentine, and Dirge Within from other random places (got no sites to source)
el_paz
Community

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 26, 2010, 02:58:14 am »

HuhHuh?FIRSTOZZYFAN?HuhHuh said: Other "HUGE" acts that come to mind from the 90`s include Rage against the Machine,Tool and METALLICA,...the most likely of all I mentioned,...but I would love to see AIC or Metallica, equally. Seeing an appearance by HEAVEN AND HELL would be awesome,........but I`m not that pesi-mystic::laughThat, however,... could lead to some awesome HISTORICAL COLLABORATIVE IMPROVISED PERFORMANCES.::surprise

RAGE or AIC Would Be Great, But TOOL Would Be Better.  Would Also Love To See HEAVEN ^ HELL

::smile
DRock914

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 26, 2010, 06:01:26 am »

What about Soundgarden?  I don't think I have seen anyone mention them yet.  They announced a reunion this year but have no dates scheduled yet besides Lollapalooza.
dilutedpsycho

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 26, 2010, 06:30:15 am »

Sooo, it should be one or two of those bands playing, and I expect Halford (he said he is doing two upcoming tours, and is great friends with the Osbourne camp , said he will play Fight and Priest songs) to play solo, and probably headline the second stage.  I expect Children of Bodom, Bullet for my Valentine, and Dirge Within from other random places (got no sites to source)

Children of Bodom has said many times that they are taking the summer off to write and record with the exception of playing some festivals in Finland. In fact, the first 2 weeks of August consist of them in Finland doing Festivals.

Bullet could do it seeing as their tour schedule ends around the second week of July.

People really need to check things before posting. I dont understand why people are asking if Slipknot is playing (doing Stone Sour/ Murderdolls already) and Gojira (writing/playing French festivals) and Bodom (writing/Finnish festivals) are playing. Check the internet people/ Its so simple
sammysausage76

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 26, 2010, 06:45:07 am »

DRock914 said: What about Soundgarden?  I don't think I have seen anyone mention them yet.  They announced a reunion this year but have no dates scheduled yet besides Lollapalooza.

I mentioned Soundgarden earlier, I could see them playing Ozzfest. They are reuniting and have only one show announced...not that it has anything to do with them playing, but Cornell is a big Ozzy fan.
DRock914

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2010, 07:58:13 am »

sammysausage76 said:
DRock914 said: What about Soundgarden?  I don't think I have seen anyone mention them yet.  They announced a reunion this year but have no dates scheduled yet besides Lollapalooza.

I mentioned Soundgarden earlier, I could see them playing Ozzfest. They are reuniting and have only one show announced...not that it has anything to do with them playing, but Cornell is a big Ozzy fan.

My fault didn't realize you posted that.
chubbs666c

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2010, 08:48:47 am »

I am sure hoping that it aint manson i saw him in 2001 on ozzfest and he was great then i went to mayhem last year and he was terrible he got fat he is balding and didnt do nething but stand there and have peopl bring him props to light on fire and shit and looked totally uninterested so for gods sake i hope he is not on the fest but ozzy said a band you wouldnt expect and i would kinda expect him to do it again because he is usually all up ozzy's ass
Phillswitch_Engage

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2010, 09:48:41 am »

I have a good feeling rage will be on the tour, ozzy seemed like he was really hinting towards them or tool when he said that. i hope its rage!::finger

T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!
DJ_Darklord_or_Adam_Or_Bubba_i_answer_to_all_3

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2010, 09:22:42 am »

allright..stop getting carried away here.he said a band that was huge in the 90s and youd never expect to see play ozzfest again.soi keeping those two criteria in mind, it rules out more than have the bands people are speculating about...my money is on Limp Dickshit
Manson_Fan22

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2010, 09:33:37 am »

chubbs666c said: I am sure hoping that it aint manson i saw him in 2001 on ozzfest and he was great then i went to mayhem last year and he was terrible he got fat he is balding and didnt do nething but stand there and have peopl bring him props to light on fire and shit and looked totally uninterested so for gods sake i hope he is not on the fest but ozzy said a band you wouldnt expect and i would kinda expect him to do it again because he is usually all up ozzy's ass

I also went to Mayhem last year and Manson was amazing, grant he is a little chubby but his stage show is still insane, he is still the shock rocker he was in the '90s, which show did you attend?
anthony888

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2010, 11:48:36 am »

i you all are missing the point it is someone we would never epect to see. so i think it will be system of a down
tTHE BEST FUCKING BAND EVER
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2010, 01:05:12 pm »

anthony888 said: i you all are missing the point it is someone we would never epect to see. so i think it will be system of a down
Why`d you leave the keys up on the table?HuhHuh

whatzup555666
Community

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2010, 01:30:44 pm »

victherattlehead said: Or did he mean, any 90's band we never thought we would see again........meaning Stone Temple Pilots, Faith No More, Alice In Chains or Rage Against the Machine?

shit idc if u=its not close to me, ROAD TRIP!! XD
im goin to ozzfest this year man!!!!!!::sinister

Phillswitch_Engage

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 26, 2010, 01:55:28 pm »

HuhHuh?FIRSTOZZYFAN?HuhHuh said:
anthony888 said: i you all are missing the point it is someone we would never epect to see. so i think it will be system of a down
Why`d you leave the keys up on the table?HuhHuh
Yet they feed us lies from the tablecloth.

T-T-T-TODAY JUNIOR!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: