HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone else gonna be mad if metallica closes the night out at ozzfest  (Read 5345 times)
Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2010, 03:55:14 pm »

Okay, why can't a chicken lay a loaf of bread? She ain't got the crust!::smile
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2010, 04:56:42 pm »

theallknowingone said:
puffpuffpass said:
Bizzerk said: Don't get me wrong, I love Ozzy!
but Metallica is just the biggest thing metal has ever seen.
Think about it Ozzfest is one long ass day, people are going too sit through all the bands and then just be wowed by Metallica, and then people will be like this "Ohh Ozzy is next? I don't like his new music lets just beat the rush!"
Look at shitty Mayhem festival, 60% of the people were leaving each fucking night after Slayer played, Because Manson could never beat out Slayer, and ozzy AT THIS POINT in his career couldn't out perform Metallica.

Fuck I remember in 2000 Ozzy sounded great and Pantera made him sound like shit, and they weren't even that great sounding that late in their career.
metallica is NOT the biggest thing metal has ever seen. youz be trippin.

Actually they are. Who do you know of that's bigger?
plenty of bands. metallica is so overrated. i mean sure, they have a few good songs, but to say that they were the BIGGEST thing that has EVER happened in metal is just retarded.

ozzrokk
King of Hash
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:03 pm »

Think about it Ozzfest is one long ass day, people are going too sit through all the bands and then just be wowed by Metallica, and then people will be like this "Ohh Ozzy is next? I don't like his new music lets just beat the rush!"
Look at shitty Mayhem festival, 60% of the people were leaving each fucking night after Slayer played, Because Manson could never beat out Slayer, and ozzy AT THIS POINT in his career couldn't out perform Metallica.

Fuck I remember in 2000 Ozzy sounded great and Pantera made him sound like shit, and they weren't even that great sounding that late in their career.

I dont know where you are going to your shows but I have seen him in about 7 different states and i have never ever ever ever seen people walk out before ozzy never and that includes all ozzfests but texasfest and never

RIP Rigger Dan
Bizzerk

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2010, 04:49:54 pm »

Not really, im not talking about their music, im talking about their popularity.
If you can name one band in METAL bigger then Metallica, Do it!
theallknowingone

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2010, 04:57:54 pm »

puffpuffpass said:plenty of bands. metallica is so overrated. i mean sure, they have a few good songs, but to say that they were the BIGGEST thing that has EVER happened in metal is just retarded.

I didn't say anything about the quality of their music, I said they were the biggest. No one else in metal has even come close to their status. Fact, not opinion. If they do play Ozzfest, which they won't, then of course they'll play last.
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2010, 05:56:41 pm »

Bizzerk said: Not really, im not talking about their music, im talking about their popularity.
If you can name one band in METAL bigger then Metallica, Do it!
TOP 10 BEST-SELLING METAL ARTIST EVER (according to the Recording Industry Association of America).
1. Led Zep
2. Aerosmith
3. AC/DC
4. Van Halen
5. Metallica
so judged on popularity, there is 4 bands ahead of them.
as for the top selling metal albums of all times, they come in at number 8 with a few led zep albums, ac/dc, gnr, bon jovi, def lep ahead of them.

they are NOT the biggest thing that has happened in metal.

gldnbomb

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2010, 05:01:52 pm »

I would definitely leave after Metalica if Ozzy was headlining, I couldnt stand his performance at the free ozzfest.
ozzrokk
King of Hash
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2010, 05:39:59 pm »

ac dc hands down

RIP Rigger Dan
theallknowingone

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2010, 05:41:32 pm »

All of the bands on that list are great, but Metallica is the only one I'd really consider "metal". The others are hard rock.
Live????DD

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2010, 06:46:19 pm »

theallknowingone said:
puffpuffpass said:plenty of bands. metallica is so overrated. i mean sure, they have a few good songs, but to say that they were the BIGGEST thing that has EVER happened in metal is just retarded.

I didn't say anything about the quality of their music, I said they were the biggest. No one else in metal has even come close to their status. Fact, not opinion. If they do play Ozzfest, which they won't, then of course they'll play last.
ozzy > metallica::finger

PORCH MONKEY 4 LYFE!
pack1pres
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2010, 06:15:30 pm »

Nobody leaves before Ozzy.. well no real men. In fact some people get wasted all day in the parking lot and don't come in until Ozzy starts.  I saw a few make-up wearing dudes book right after Manson once, but they were not the majority of the crowd.  Also although nobody really puts out the energy of Pantera.. Ozzy and his mates in Sabbath sure gave 1 hell of a show after them.  Judas Priest fucking rocked like no other and Sabbath got up and rocked as hard! Sometimes young kids go to a show and think somehow there favorite band should be after this "old" headliner, but then THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS gets up and shows why Metallica looks up to HIM!

chubbs666c

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 28, 2010, 07:18:30 pm »

MetalChick1 said:

chubbs666c said: Come on people its OZZfest and i have the fealing that if and its probably a big IF metallica is on it they will headline the night over ozzy.  Because they r too big for their own good and does not kno how to pay respect for the people that made their carrer how it is today.  I love metallica's music but i hate the members of the band.  I said if they do it because every year it is a strong hearsay that metallica on the fest and since the first ozzfest in 1996 they have only done it once in 08 and thats because it was only a one day event so i'm hoping they r on it but they let ozzy close out the night after all it is his tour for promoting his new album let hope they dont try to take it over

Ozzy and Metallica have beenfriends for a long time- he let them open back in 1986 on the Puppetz thing. I also see your are making broad assumptions about the guys..I guess you havent run into any of them lately because the last thing they are is assholes. Did you happen to view the Rock Hall broadcast in Oct when played Black Sabbath songs with them from Madison Square Garden ? They have total respect for each other.

i understand they r friends and everything i kno they played sabbath songs and everything however jus from watching their careers and everything they seem like asshole as an example of this the first time they ever played with megadeth since kicking dave mustane (sry if his name spelled incorrectly) out of the band knowing that he was heavy ino drugs and trying to get clean Dave walked into his dressing room and found drugs spread out on the table as a gift from his friends in metallica now come on that is the most assholish thing you can possibly do to someone trying to get clean and stay clean cause this happened after one of dave's many trips to rehab
chubbs666c

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 28, 2010, 06:20:27 pm »

ozzrokk said: i think ozzy should close period but i do like metallica

same here i dont like them as people but they r fantastic musicians
pack1pres
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 28, 2010, 06:21:14 pm »

gldnbomb said: I would definitely leave after Metalica if Ozzy was headlining, I couldnt stand his performance at the free ozzfest.

why are you even on the Ozzfest board if you don't like Ozzy... Mayhem is pretty much Ozzfest without Ozzy...JUST SAYIN'

chubbs666c

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2010, 06:23:36 pm »

I'm pretty sure the biggest thing metal has ever seen hast to b the people who invented it in black sabbath there is no way metallica can top them Iommi is the best guitar player in metal
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: