HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: is anyone else gonna be mad if metallica closes the night out at ozzfest  (Read 5191 times)
chubbs666c

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2010, 06:24:43 pm »

theallknowingone said: They could barely afford System Of a Down in 2006, do you people really think they can pay Metallica for a whole tour? Their nightly guarantee costs more than twice what Ozzy's does.

Well mayb since they r friends they would cut the cost o wait it is metallica so they would prob charge more
Bizzerk

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2010, 08:07:51 pm »

Your saying Led Zeppelin and Aerosmith are metal?
I'll say ACDC is popular but they aren't better then Metallica, its the most blah music ive ever heard.
I can't wait until they announce this shit just so I don't have to check this board for another fucking year.
MetalChick1

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2010, 08:08:55 pm »

chubbs666c said:

MetalChick1 said:

chubbs666c said: Come on people its OZZfest and i have the fealing that if and its probably a big IF metallica is on it they will headline the night over ozzy.  Because they r too big for their own good and does not kno how to pay respect for the people that made their carrer how it is today.  I love metallica's music but i hate the members of the band.  I said if they do it because every year it is a strong hearsay that metallica on the fest and since the first ozzfest in 1996 they have only done it once in 08 and thats because it was only a one day event so i'm hoping they r on it but they let ozzy close out the night after all it is his tour for promoting his new album let hope they dont try to take it over

Ozzy and Metallica have beenfriends for a long time- he let them open back in 1986 on the Puppetz thing. I also see your are making broad assumptions about the guys..I guess you havent run into any of them lately because the last thing they are is assholes. Did you happen to view the Rock Hall broadcast in Oct when played Black Sabbath songs with them from Madison Square Garden ? They have total respect for each other.

i understand they r friends and everything i kno they played sabbath songs and everything however jus from watching their careers and everything they seem like asshole as an example of this the first time they ever played with megadeth since kicking dave mustane (sry if his name spelled incorrectly) out of the band knowing that he was heavy ino drugs and trying to get clean Dave walked into his dressing room and found drugs spread out on the table as a gift from his friends in metallica now come on that is the most assholish thing you can possibly do to someone trying to get clean and stay clean cause this happened after one of dave's many trips to rehab

Dude, welcome to the 1980's...this is 2010....they arent in their 20's anymore, good grief. Married, kids and much more mature. Of course they arent the same people at age 46.
DEMONMOUSE
Community

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2010, 07:46:22 pm »

It's called OZZFEST  not Metallicafest.
da_wizard
spreading his magic
Community

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2010, 09:27:16 pm »

I could see them ( Ozzy and Metallica) co-heading and taking turns closing out the 'fest'.....but I do believe that Ozzy should close every night::sinister

alcohol is not a toy.......it's a tool....to be used by responsible drunks
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2010, 09:29:21 pm »

I wouldnt be mad at METALLICA if they closed OZZFEST.....or mad IF they closed it.
Because they would never close it for ME.
 When OZZY is done,....I go. Therefore if they closed it I would never see one bit of it.
 I like Metallica ,...but I will control my concert agenda as well as my OZZFEST experience.
Therefore,..if they were to play after OZZY,,, I would only hear the hollow, shallow, ECHO of Metallica as I was approaching my vehicle in the far edge of the parking lot.
Sometimes you need to take matters into your own hands and do what it takes to lead the way,......
OZZY is the king,...if that was to occur METALLICA would have been reduced to mere strolling out of the venue background melodies,....sorta like metal elevator music,...while I casually made my way OUT.
Poor decisions are,....poor. Whoever put the line up in that order will have to deal with the FOF.
I would never approve of or forget that. OZZY would have to sit me down an `splain it to me........then maybe I could deal.....::laugh

zmark12

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 08:42:25 pm »

Many good points so far.  Let me preface this by stating I am a huge Ozzy fan. Hell, I saw him in 5 different states on the Black Rain tour alone.  However, Ozzy can't play 2 hours anymore throughout a whole tour.  Sure, the Dallas show in 08 he did 16 songs, but most nights on the indoor tour he only did 12 or 13.  Metallica won't play less than an hour and a half.  It would be a waste of their time.  I think for Ozzy to do a solid 60-75 minute set (which he can still pull off every other night without overdoing it) and then to let Metallica do their 90-120 minutes is a solid deal.  We get to see Ozzy without having the pressure to strain his voice during a long set.  And Metallica will be a big draw.  They will also play a different set every night, and many people (including myself) will travel to multiple shows just to see them change it up each night.  That will get Ozzy & Sharon the money they need to pay them.  Just my opinion, but it makes sense to have Metallica on the tour and to let them close the show.  Thanks for reading...
???????FIRSTOZZYFAN???????

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 08:52:20 pm »

zmark12 said: Many good points so far.  Let me preface this by stating I am a huge Ozzy fan. Hell, I saw him in 5 different states on the Black Rain tour alone.  However, Ozzy can't play 2 hours anymore throughout a whole tour.  Sure, the Dallas show in 08 he did 16 songs, but most nights on the indoor tour he only did 12 or 13.  Metallica won't play less than an hour and a half.  It would be a waste of their time.  I think for Ozzy to do a solid 60-75 minute set (which he can still pull off every other night without overdoing it) and then to let Metallica do their 90-120 minutes is a solid deal.  We get to see Ozzy without having the pressure to strain his voice during a long set.  And Metallica will be a big draw.  They will also play a different set every night, and many people (including myself) will travel to multiple shows just to see them change it up each night.  That will get Ozzy & Sharon the money they need to pay them.  Just my opinion, but it makes sense to have Metallica on the tour and to let them close the show.  Thanks for reading...
Tell them I said thanks for coming out......::laugh

DirtButton

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 10:41:47 pm »

Any concert I've ever been to I've been able to make it to the front row for any band I've wanted to see, at any show,  except '06 when Ozzy was on the second stage. Hell I made it front row for him mainstage in 02 at a venue with no seats, no pit section, just all general admission and I still made it up front without too much trouble.

'06 was a whole different kind of animal. The people were packed in so tight I could pick both of my feet off the ground while standing and only sink an inch. This was probably still over 150 yards from the stage. Just a massive wall of sweaty people stuck together with no where to go. No more second stage for Ozzy please. I don't care if he had a shorter set, or let Metallica close as long as they keep him on the main stage. Its too big of a clusterfuck otherwise.
Live????DD

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2010, 12:02:03 am »

metallica sucks and all their shit after puppets sucks
but i think having them on ozzfest this year would be great because
 it gives people who didn't get to go to dallas in 2008
a chance to see metallica and ozzy,

PORCH MONKEY 4 LYFE!
Garfieldthe3rd

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2010, 01:08:39 am »

theallknowingone said:
puffpuffpass said:plenty of bands. metallica is so overrated. i mean sure, they have a few good songs, but to say that they were the BIGGEST thing that has EVER happened in metal is just retarded.

I didn't say anything about the quality of their music, I said they were the biggest. No one else in metal has even come close to their status. Fact, not opinion. If they do play Ozzfest, which they won't, then of course they'll play last.

what makes you so sure they won't play ozzfest?
Sex_E_Manbeast

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2010, 01:17:00 am »

I won't really care. At least Metallica can still remember their lyrics. ::animatedlaugh
Also, they normally finish the set with Blackened, and it is my favorite Metallica song.

zmark12

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2010, 07:42:20 am »

Sex_E_Manbeast said: I won't really care. At least Metallica can still remember their lyrics. ::animatedlaugh
Also, they normally finish the set with Blackened, and it is my favorite Metallica song.

Sorry bud, but they've closed 99% of their shows since 04 with Seek & Destroy.  They opened with Blackened when I saw them in 04
Canneverthinkofagoodscreenname

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2010, 06:56:57 am »

I love Metallica in concert, but the tour is called OZZfest.  I don't care how much more money they may or may not have made or how much bigger they may or may not be, Metallica should not headline over Ozzy again.
harbabd

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2010, 07:21:39 am »

I definitely want to weigh in on this one...first if we are talking Ozzy and Metallica, there is no way that the Fest will be in 15-18K sheds outdoors.  It will be in football or baseball stadiums.

That billing is just too big to put in a place that will sell out when they could be making a ton more money in a bigger venue.  And yes, money will be a huge factor in where they decide to play.  I would rather see it in a smaller amphitheatre, but it won't happen if Metallica is playing.  

I have been saying that they should do bigger venues for a while to set themself apart from the other tours this summer and it would make a pretty big statement by doing a show literally twice as big as anything else.  Throw in 3 or 4 other bands on the main stage and set up a smaller stage or two on the other side of the Stadium and you have a totally different Ozzfest with some outside the box creativity.  

If Metallica plays, Metallica headlines.  I understand it is the Ozzfest but if they want to draw 30-35K fans a show with Metallica then they will be the last band on.  I love Ozzy, he puts on a great show but I think the strongest point is that he isn't going to play 90-120 minutes a night, Metallica will and that is the biggest reason they close it out.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: