HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm not mad about it not coming to Texas  (Read 1945 times)
_CrazyEyes_

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2010, 12:02:57 am »

What I'm mad about is that Sharon said it will be a "Full U.S. tour".  She also said "Ozzfest will be bigger than ever".  I don't see either of those in the line-up or the dates.
Artlukm

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2010, 12:34:43 am »

I'm pretty fucking bummed out by it, and honestly a little pissed at myself for spending the last few months getting hyped up for the announcement. Maybe it will come back to Dallas next year, if it comes back at all?

After reading all of the rumors about the line up, and actually starting to buy into a few of them, I guess I kind of set myself up for disappointment. Not that it really should matter at all to me, since I'm not willing to travel to a different time zone to actually hit any of the dates, but I guess the line up is pretty decent. Fucking light years away from "bigger and better than ever before", but not terrible... Ozzy/Crue/ Halford is a pretty solid combo.

On a side note, I didn't even know that nonpoint was still around. Oh! ...and I'm really glad to see that Zakk Wylde really stepped out of his comfort zone and decided to do something new and exciting, like play Ozzfest...   Roll Eyes
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 12:38:57 am »

I'm pretty fucking bummed out by it, and honestly a little pissed at myself for spending the last few months getting hyped up for the announcement. Maybe it will come back to Dallas next year, if it comes back at all?

After reading all of the rumors about the line up, and actually starting to buy into a few of them, I guess I kind of set myself up for disappointment. Not that it really should matter at all to me, since I'm not willing to travel to a different time zone to actually hit any of the dates, but I guess the line up is pretty decent. Fucking light years away from "bigger and better than ever before", but not terrible... Ozzy/Crue/ Halford is a pretty solid combo.

On a side note, I didn't even know that nonpoint was still around. Oh! ...and I'm really glad to see that Zakk Wylde really stepped out of his comfort zone and decided to do something new and exciting, like play Ozzfest...   Roll Eyes

I can definitely understand the disappointment in the lack of tourdates.  I wouldn't even call it a tour.  It's just a handful of stops.  I happen to be one of the lucky ones that lives within a 200 mile radius of 3 of the dates.  With that being said, I think ozzfest is close to being done.  I had this conversation with the wiz a couple of years ago.  According to him, because tickets didn't sell too well in '06 on the shows that ozzy didn't play,  the ozzfest camp is convinced that Ozzy is the only artist in the world that can sell out an ampitheater.  As ridiculous as that sounds to come to that conclusion on a year that had system of a down headlining.  So since ozzy can't really do any real summer tours anymore,  I say the fest has only a couple of years left in it if that.  
« Last Edit: May 02, 2010, 01:57:28 pm by Jayman » Logged
_CrazyEyes_

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 01:10:44 pm »

I say the fest has only a couple of years left in it if that. 
I have a feeling that the last one will be next Summer, if they do one next Summer.
eXile72
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 03:05:25 pm »

Last time they went to Texas there was a much better lineup and they couldn't sell all the tickets. Texas sucks ballz

zfw
Numb-Nutz
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 07:34:28 pm »

Wink

FROM_THE_SKY
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 07:38:30 pm »

What I'm mad about is that Sharon said it will be a "Full U.S. tour".  She also said "Ozzfest will be bigger than ever".  I don't see either of those in the line-up or the dates.
It will go down as the biggest boner killer in the history of forever.
Nando
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:10:12 pm »

Last time they went to Texas there was a much better lineup and they couldn't sell all the tickets. Texas sucks ballz

True, but you also have to take into account the venue that ozzfest was held at. Maybe if that venue were in socal then it would ahve sold out because I remember hearing somewhere that it's normal for 40,000+ fans to go to the ozzfests in San bernardino...

Slave to the power of death
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2010, 11:04:43 pm »

i'm still hoping that there will be more dates added.

Nando
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2010, 11:07:17 pm »

If they add more dates I could see some of those dates being a Bay Area show, a Texas show, and maybe a Seattle show. This would make sense just to distribute the shows more evenly on the map

Slave to the power of death
puffpuffpass
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2010, 11:15:37 pm »

If they add more dates I could see some of those dates being a Bay Area show, a Texas show, and maybe a Seattle show. This would make sense just to distribute the shows more evenly on the map
crossin my fingers for a texas show.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: