HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzy & Bill trying to do an album?!?!?  (Read 11988 times)
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2010, 02:59:02 pm »

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=141996

Brings new hope for bill & ozzy.
I hope if sab does get back together they listen to their die hard fans and play the good songs and ozzy whips his voice back into shape.

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:49:41 pm »

That would be a dream come true MM
Keep crossing those fingers
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 03:52:33 pm »

I've got all 99 of them crossed

MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 07:34:05 am »

It will happen one day !
Best happen before one member passes on ya know!Bill Ward has had the most health issues.Bad thought i know.

Sabbath till death motherfuckers!!

minime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 12:40:58 pm »

''Sabbath till death motherfuckers!!''

fukin aye!

ozzgod38
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 01:18:48 pm »

wont happan
ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 01:41:22 pm »

I hope sabbath doesnt get back together...

honestly.
Ozzy's voice is shot, and the live set will be the same they have been playing the past 12 years.
IF they do decide to reunite, ozzy would really have to work on his vocals and then do another album.... if they cannot pull off those 2 simple things the reunion would be worthless.

Im hoping much more on the BILL & OZZY album, and the Bill solo material coming hopefully this year.

As for as TONY & GEEZER go... They should reunite with Glenn Hughes and call the band 7th Star! They are already doing a tribute concert to DIO together on 7/24!!!!

ozzgod38
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 04:04:04 pm »

besides they got back together twice
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 07:58:07 pm »

I think it's cool that Ozzy and Bill are working together. I love Bill Ward, a good man!

Geezer and Iommi, wow. They seem like big backstabbers to me. Geezer Butler is an @sshole. He didn't bitch when Ozzy gave him a job in his band though, did he. No sir. Nor when he took the ride via Ozzy and Ozzfest and got to stand on a stage with adoration of fans again. No sir. That was an implausable reality via himself and Iommi prior to that no matter how hard they tried. But as soon as they're propped up again, what do they do? Back stab. WHAT @SSHOLES. the depths of pond scum emptied into by the toilets of the entire planet.

I just don't get him or Iommi, nor what leads them to have such a bad attitude towards Ozzy. Nor do I really care. Anyone who grabs onto something they so clearly hate just to for the lift up to a better place in life is scum. End of story.

No #hit Ozzy doesn't write all his own lyrics. Or the parts that other musicians bring to the table. Is that a newfound revelation to him or anyone who is familiar with the man? I don't think so. So FRICKIN WHAT.

Ozzy's instrument are his vocal chords and his lungs. Always have been. That's what people line up to hear. That's not to belittle the value - because TONS of fans walked from Sabbath because Ozzy being gone meant a WHOLE LOT to the sound that just wasn't there anymore even if the rest of the band was. DUH!

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2010, 08:21:44 am »

honestly.
Ozzy's voice is shot, and the live set will be the same they have been playing the past 12 years.
IF they do decide to reunite, ozzy would really have to work on his vocals and then do another album.... if they cannot pull off those 2 simple things the reunion would be worthless.

Im hoping much more on the BILL & OZZY album, and the Bill solo material coming hopefully this year.

As for as TONY & GEEZER go... They should reunite with Glenn Hughes and call the band 7th Star! They are already doing a tribute concert to DIO together on 7/24!!!!

I dont know how to break this to you but here goes:
Iommi HATES that record "7th star". I met him in NYC one time,,,, we talked about that among other things and if I were you,...I wouldn`t hold my breath on that coming about( the name at least),..probably ever. Also,..now that I have posted that just watch it come to be,...I`m wrong a lot. Cheesy

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2010, 12:48:46 pm »

honestly.

I dont know how to break this to you but here goes:
Iommi HATES that record "7th star". I met him in NYC one time,,,, we talked about that among other things and if I were you,...I wouldn`t hold my breath on that coming about( the name at least),..probably ever. Also,..now that I have posted that just watch it come to be,...I`m wrong a lot. Cheesy
Thats the only sab album I DONT like... BUT Iommi has said several times that his favorite vocalist to work with is Hughes, SO it just seemed plausible ya know...

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2010, 12:53:59 pm »

I think it's cool that Ozzy and Bill are working together. I love Bill Ward, a good man!

Geezer and Iommi, wow. They seem like big backstabbers to me. Geezer Butler is an @sshole. He didn't bitch when Ozzy gave him a job in his band though, did he. No sir. Nor when he took the ride via Ozzy and Ozzfest and got to stand on a stage with adoration of fans again. No sir. That was an implausable reality via himself and Iommi prior to that no matter how hard they tried. But as soon as they're propped up again, what do they do? Back stab. WHAT @SSHOLES. the depths of pond scum emptied into by the toilets of the entire planet.

I just don't get him or Iommi, nor what leads them to have such a bad attitude towards Ozzy. Nor do I really care. Anyone who grabs onto something they so clearly hate just to for the lift up to a better place in life is scum. End of story.

No #hit Ozzy doesn't write all his own lyrics. Or the parts that other musicians bring to the table. Is that a newfound revelation to him or anyone who is familiar with the man? I don't think so. So FRICKIN WHAT.

Ozzy's instrument are his vocal chords and his lungs. Always have been. That's what people line up to hear. That's not to belittle the value - because TONS of fans walked from Sabbath because Ozzy being gone meant a WHOLE LOT to the sound that just wasn't there anymore even if the rest of the band was. DUH!

Dude, your talking out your ass.
Geezer & Iommi are NOT backstabbers in any right.
Ozzy & Geezer have remained GOOD friends with each other over the years and talk with each other monthly.

Im going to have to ask you to further explain yourself because nothing you said made any since.

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2010, 03:01:05 pm »

Dude, your talking out your ass.
Geezer & Iommi are NOT backstabbers in any right.
Ozzy & Geezer have remained GOOD friends with each other over the years and talk with each other monthly.

Im going to have to ask you to further explain yourself because nothing you said made any since.

First, I am not a "dude." I am a woman. "f_" stands for female. I'm not 18 (as you are) with a history of reading articles for a year, I'm 45, a lifelong fan of Sabbath / Ozzy since 1976 - with many years of following the band and individual artists. If the math is difficult, that's 34 years. Second, if you can't follow it's probably because you've probably read articles where slurs are said about Ozzy and you don't mind that they are said. Maybe because you don't know the history and are a Dio/Heaven & Hell fan. That is not the case with me. Third, if you listen to the flavor of talk from both Iommi and Butler on Ozzy about who he is and what he brings to the table as a musician, they put him down / don't get how he works in the studio. Ozzy has mentioned his frustration with those very close-minded attitudes about his contributions. If things don't get written in the studio, it's not all due to Ozzy as Butler & Iommi point fingers in the press saying. Both Butler and Iommi have a portion of that reality to bear. Fans I am sure worldwide would love it if they could get over their own 20' brick walls of arrogance and have some respect. A Sabbath album would be fantastic sometime in the near future, and possible before Geezer pulls up the dirt blanket.

The following articles have been printed since 2008.

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/96631024/geezer-butler-and-tony-iommi-prefer-dio-to-ozzy

“With Ozzy, we didn’t really know,” he said. “It was touch and go sometimes on some of those early shows, whether he was gonna turn up, if he’d be able to sing, if his voice was gone, or what… We’d have to cancel shows, which Geezer and myself really hated. But with Ronnie [James Dio], we’ve never cancelled a show.”

http://decibelmagazine.com/Content.aspx?ncid=293036

“If we’d written this album with Ozzy, we’d still be working on the first track.” Geezer Butler laughs when he says this, but he’s not actually joking. Sitting in a sterile meeting room at Rhino Records in Burbank, Black Sabbath’s legendary bassist and lyricist knows of what he speaks: When Butler and fellow metal gurus Tony Iommi and Bill Ward attempted to record new Sabbath material with Osbourne back in 2001 after the Drab Four’s triumphant Reunion cycle, the future television celebrity couldn’t be bothered.

“We wrote about six songs, but the keyboard player, Geoff Nicholls, came up with the vocal melodies because Ozzy wasn’t really interested,” Butler reveals. “I didn’t like the stuff that was coming out at all. I wanted it to be more like classic Sabbath, like the first three albums. No strings, no ballads, nothing like that. But Ozzy wanted it to be more like an Ozzy album, so we didn’t agree on what it should be straight away.”

Butler laughs again, but again, he’s not even slightly kidding: “Rick Rubin wanted to produce it until he heard what we did.”

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=118162

HEAVEN & HELL/BLACK SABBATH bassist Geezer Butler has told Decibel magazine that working with singer Ronnie James Dio is a hell of a lot easier than working with Ozzy Osbourne. "Ronnie's a songwriter in his own right — he's got tons of ideas," the bassist said. "Whereas Ozzy... in the old days, he'd come up with a vocal line and I'd write the lyrics. Ronnie is 100 percent involved in both the musical side and the vocal side, and he writes his own lyrics as well."

Ozzy never took Butler's musical ideas seriously, either. "If we were with Ozzy and I came in with the killer riff of all time, Ozzy wouldn't even think of doing it because I'm not the guitarist and that's the way he thinks," Butler said. "When we tried to do a SABBATH album in 2001, we all gave each other CDs of our riffs or song ideas. Ozzy didn't even listen to mine. Because I'm not a guitarist, he felt I shouldn't be playing guitar. That's why it was so bloody hard to write anything."

Geezer Butler on HEAVEN & HELL's debut CD, "The Devil You Know": "If we'd written this album with Ozzy, we'd still be working on the first track."

http://www.classicrockrevisited.com/interviewsgeezerbutler09.htm

Jeb: This is the 40th anniversary of Sabbath. Was there any talk from Ozzy or Sharon that they didn’t want you to use the name at this time? There is the possibility that you could have sold more albums if it was called ‘Black Sabbath.’

Geezer: It was up to us. Tony and I had gotten back together with Ozzy and did the Ozzfest tours. We didn’t want to confuse people anymore. We thought that now was the right time to change the name. We will have Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Heaven & Hell with Ronnie.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/rock_chronicles/rock_chronicles_1980s_tony_iommi.html

Was Ozzy a part of that creative musical process?

No, Ozzy never wrote any music. He couldn’t. 'Who Are You’ (Sabbath Bloody Sabbath) was the only one I think Ozzy done. He came up with the melodies.

And the lyrics?

No. He done some lyrics but Geezer did most of the lyrics. Ozzy just did the melodies, yeah.

But everybody put their part in. While we were working something out musically, Ozzy couldn’t do anything so he would just to out and play pinball.

They (Ozzy and Ronnie) were totally different. Ozzy was a good showman, still is. We knew Ozzy and accepted him for what he was and he knew us and accepted us. When Dio came in, it was a lot more of a different attitude; it was more professional because he came in with a different voice and he came with a different musical approach. He would sing sort of across the riff whereas Ozzy would probably follow the riff particularly in (a song like) 'Iron Man.’

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=140889

Ultimate-Guitar.com: You were the main lyricist in SABBATH. As you were writing, did you try and think about what types of words and phrases would seem natural when Ozzy sang them? Did you try and craft the lyrics around Ozzy's delivery and his particular way of singing?

Geezer: It was trial and error. I wrote the lyrics that I wanted to write and then I'd give them to Ozzy. He'd sing them to his melody and if a certain word didn't fit, I'd rewrite it or he'd rewrite it. But usually because I dealt in syllables, I'd fit each word that I wrote [to] match his syllables. So usually it was matched.

Ultimate-Guitar.com: The melodies came from Ozzy? I mean, did you ever have a different melody for "Iron Man", for instance, than the one Ozzy had?

Geezer: No; that was all down to Ozzy.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/interviews/interviews/black_sabbath_it_was_like_four_friends_together_exploring_the_world.html

In an interview I did with Tony Iommi, he described Ozzy as an “Interpreter; he breathes in the music and spits it out.” How would you characterize what Ozzy brought to Sabbath? Was he more an interpreter than an actual writer?

It’s hard to say; I don’t know what the difference would be. There was no one like Ozzy that could take those riffs and do what he did with ‘em. There’s just no other singer could have done that at the time. We all worked so well together. We were all as important as each other to bring out that sound.

So there really was that sort of fifth element that emerged when the four of you got together to make music.

It’s like a probably a lot of bassists would probably try – if you’d been brought up on Beatles stuff or Kinks stuff or Hendrix stuff or whatever – you’d probably play around the riffs rather than play the riff. And same with Ozzy: if he couldn’t sing around the riff, he’d sing with the riff; he’d sing the same thing. So whatever worked. He was a master of interpreting Tony’s riffs. Yeah, definitely.

Were Ozzy and Ronnie at different points of the spectrum in terms of their vocal and musical approaches?

Yeah, he [Ronnie] was a lot more seriously musically.

Would there ever be another Sabbath record?

Original Sabbath?

Yeah.

I doubt it very much but one never knows. I mean we’re all getting a bit too old now anyway so …

Too old?

[laughs] Yeah!

Oh, c’mon, you’re playing better than you ever played.

Yeah, but when the original Sabbath get together, it takes about ten years to come up with an album! I’ll be dead halfway through it.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:08:23 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 05:20:27 pm »

I have bitten my tongue too many times and held back letting you know what you so desperatley need to hear.
SHUT THE F UP....every time you post,.. a small mammal dies somewhere. (god makes it that way)...
You are such a she-tool.
Dont you have any one on one personal evidence or thoughts of your own on this matter??
Or are you just gonna cut `n paste a bunch of slabbermouf bullshit??
I am redesignating you as a top 5 target of fair game on "THE LIST".
Ever see the movie Billy Madison?.....yeah,...sorta like THAT guy.
Please,...I know you are just showing your love for Ozzy,...but for all that is holy,...redeem yourself with some facts of relevance or a humble apology. Or dont,....that will be tons `o fun too.

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 05:36:14 pm »

I have bitten my tongue too many times and held back letting you know what you so desperatley need to hear.
SHUT THE F UP....every time you post,.. a small mammal dies somewhere. (god makes it that way)...
You are such a she-tool.
Dont you have any one on one personal evidence or thoughts of your own on this matter??
Or are you just gonna cut `n paste a bunch of slabbermouf bullshit??
I am redesignating you as a top 5 target of fair game on "THE LIST".
Ever see the movie Billy Madison?.....yeah,...sorta like THAT guy.
Please,...I know you are just showing your love for Ozzy,...but for all that is holy,...redeem yourself with some facts of relevance or a humble apology. Or dont,....that will be tons `o fun too.

FOF, I was asked to state evidence for my opinion. I'd say several interviews with Geezer and Tony and quoted in articles meets that request. Blabbermouth is not the only source. Pretty anti-social intensity and borderline personality disorder manifesting itself for no apparent reason.

Read my posts. In both I state my opinion. I only stated facts to respond to MM99. Maybe you can't get beyond your worship of Iommi and Dio to hear an alternative perspective. That is not my problem. Or maybe you just like coming onto this site to rage at others. The other possibility is that you and MM99 are one and the same person using different logins.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 05:47:34 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: