HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad  (Read 12629 times)
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2010, 10:51:43 pm »

one way to thwart the spambots is to have to enter a captcha every time we post something
At Least I Agree With You On That One! Plus We Need Better Profile Pages!
And Bring Back The Devil Emoticons...Then Ban "OverTheMountain".
That Should Rid Us Of At Least Some Of That St00pid Spam Crap!
no, I think that would suck
its hard enough to read those stupid things, especially after a few beers
but I like to click the button that makes them speak it out loud to you, in case you are blind

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2010, 11:08:32 pm »

WTF?

You lot have gone mad
A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2010, 12:00:54 am »

Jayman,
 Let me get some things out of the way before I address your post. First I think that The Wizard does an exceptional job here considering all the other shit he has going on. He helps organize the Ozzfest, he is at all the Ozzfest dates. He is a partner at Mercenary Management. He is the manager of Goatwhore. (Blasco is the manager for ITM), not to mention several other bands. He keeps the Ozzfest Myspace and Facebook up. He keeps the Ozzy Facebook and Myspace running. That he has very little time to devote to  these forums is no surprise to me. I wonder  how he  even  comes here as much as he does. Hence the need for Moderators.  
  The real downfall of this board is not really spam (although getting rid of it would make this place a better one) and it is not  the lack of dates. There was  very good traffic and participation  in both  2008 (the year that Ozzfest almost didn't come) and 2009 (the year that Ozzy forgot). Truth be told there are more  Ozzy tour dates than  any year in quite a long time. Granted that most of them are Ozzy just playing other festivals. There are still  8 or 9  Ozzfest dates around the world. No, the real death of this  forum is Facebook and Myspace.  Lets just face the facts that forums are  today's internet dinosaurs.
  Still with all that I have said, I still think that   putting someone of high standards and  an even hand would help bring back   quite a few of those that have left. It does not need to be a  mod that is a phantom or one that takes out his vengeance on  a poster  that just pisses him off terribly bad (Like I did to Hansard). I was a terrible mod and wouldn't do it again on this  forum unless they paid me damned good money (which would never happen).  Wink
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 12:30:14 am by A_C » Logged

JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2010, 04:07:36 pm »

WTF?

You lot have gone mad

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2010, 05:19:38 pm »

Jayman,
 Let me get some things out of the way before I address your post. First I think that The Wizard does an exceptional job here considering all the other shit he has going on. He helps organize the Ozzfest, he is at all the Ozzfest dates. He is a partner at Mercenary Management. He is the manager of Goatwhore. (Blasco is the manager for ITM), not to mention several other bands. He keeps the Ozzfest Myspace and Facebook up. He keeps the Ozzy Facebook and Myspace running. That he has very little time to devote to  these forums is no surprise to me. I wonder  how he  even  comes here as much as he does. Hence the need for Moderators.  
  The real downfall of this board is not really spam (although getting rid of it would make this place a better one) and it is not  the lack of dates. There was  very good traffic and participation  in both  2008 (the year that Ozzfest almost didn't come) and 2009 (the year that Ozzy forgot). Truth be told there are more  Ozzy tour dates than  any year in quite a long time. Granted that most of them are Ozzy just playing other festivals. There are still  8 or 9  Ozzfest dates around the world. No, the real death of this  forum is Facebook and Myspace.  Lets just face the facts that forums are  today's internet dinosaurs.
  Still with all that I have said, I still think that   putting someone of high standards and  an even hand would help bring back   quite a few of those that have left. It does not need to be a  mod that is a phantom or one that takes out his vengeance on  a poster  that just pisses him off terribly bad (Like I did to Hansard). I was a terrible mod and wouldn't do it again on this  forum unless they paid me damned good money (which would never happen).  Wink
*If the admin is that busy he should delegate the responsibilities to another party.

*He is a great admin. but it would seem there is something amiss with the board

* It should be taken under advisement that during the switch over many people just became lost in the shuffle.
Thats where much of the disconnect is IMO.

* Facebook? Fuck that place,...we need a little social networking game called OZZVILLE...Sharon should contract the rights out to Zynga and we could be building our own little Ozzfests with whatever line-up we like,...with all sorts of diabolical debauchery as well. I could cash in a bunch of Slurpee codes from the 7-11 and buy my own village of the damned.

* I dont care what ones capacity is with Ozzfest,...Ozzy`s getting fucked by this shortcoming.
Ozzy.com is Killer though.........

* Maybe Hansard should run this place.......or a dinosaur.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:28:10 pm by FIRSTOZZYFAN » Logged

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2010, 08:36:31 pm »

The newer Ozzy.com is branded up to date with the release of SCREAM,.....all the matching graphics and what not.
Sorta like this place should have been but we should have been decked out with all newer Ozzfest imagery.
I have said it before and you can see what I mean on the BLACK LABEL SOCIETY website,...it should be a paid site.
This way you know who is really here(at least the administrator would more or less due to credit info) and the members would have a vested interest in being "all aboard"....yeah,..that was a pun.
Kevin Smith on his View Askew site does that for a low fee of 2 bucks just for that reason.
If you shoot your mouth off there is accountability...spammers dont pay to go to flood a site with spam. 
I`ve never seen a bot with a CC before.

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2010, 09:01:10 pm »

i pay enouf for inner net as it is thank you and the price keeps going up. why should we pay when we can just have wiz install a registration captcha. (havent seen too many spambots lately). dont matter to me though. just as long as people dont act stupid
yeah the net is gettin pricey but a nominal fee,...lets say $6.66 a year to register here,...well that would prevent people from gettin stupid with the 32 full pages of psychotic identical spam floods totaling well over 300 threads (those are REAL Ozzboard #`s BTW),...well consider it a quality of use issue.
If I am going to spend time here it should be a worthy effort...not fighting with lunatics like "barf at the moon" or anonymous screen personalities that try to flood the truth from the front pages here.
Quality,...$6.66 too much? I`ll pay for yours....

OR Ozzy can charge for us to log on here,..and then he cuts a "live at Ozzfest 2010" disc and offers a download or CD with each paid $6.66 registration here.....( yeah,...i should work for Ozzy)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:03:39 pm by FIRSTOZZYFAN » Logged

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2010, 09:11:51 pm »

i pay enouf for inner net as it is thank you and the price keeps going up. why should we pay when we can just have wiz install a registration captcha. (havent seen too many spambots lately). dont matter to me though. just as long as people dont act stupid
I hear you when it comes to paying to be part of this place. I truly believe that the only real chance it has to survive in today's internet world with the explosive popularity of places like Facebook (and there are more like it around) is to go with the networking format. Only this time it should be built using the input of members. Doesn't mean that it needs to be built with everyone's ideas added into it, but they should at least pick the brains of  the membership and then take the best suggestions into consideration. Hell, just think of how far this place could go  using a Facebook type model, but directing their efforts towards the Metal community. Leave out all these jack-offs wanting to use it like facebook does. It should be directed at  the music industry and  the only  businesses allowed to have accounts would have to be music (Hard Rock & Metal only) related. I've got some awesome ideals  and I'm sure that some people have even better ones than I do. They could really benifit from input.

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2010, 09:48:08 pm »

They did ask us for initial input but then seemed to disappear,....I can email the guy but its probably the old situation:"we have a contractual obligation to leave it as is..."
Echoing AC`s sentiments on my end.....thats a good start.
I say call Zynga and get Ozzville rollin!! Cheesy

Sadian
narsastictic and so shallow
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2010, 10:40:40 pm »

fukk y00z fukk modz Angry

ozzrokk
King of Hash
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2010, 03:14:32 pm »

I hear you when it comes to paying to be part of this place. I truly believe that the only real chance it has to survive in today's internet world with the explosive popularity of places like Facebook (and there are more like it around) is to go with the networking format. Only this time it should be built using the input of members. Doesn't mean that it needs to be built with everyone's ideas added into it, but they should at least pick the brains of  the membership and then take the best suggestions into consideration. Hell, just think of how far this place could go  using a Facebook type model, but directing their efforts towards the Metal community. Leave out all these jack-offs wanting to use it like facebook does. It should be directed at  the music industry and  the only  businesses allowed to have accounts would have to be music (Hard Rock & Metal only) related. I've got some awesome ideals  and I'm sure that some people have even better ones than I do. They could really benifit from input.

Here Here  Brotha..............

RIP Rigger Dan
Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2010, 05:19:26 pm »

You mean I could have been praying to an alligator all this time? Grin
ozzrokk
King of Hash
Community

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2010, 06:43:59 pm »

You mean I could have been praying to an alligator all this time? Grin

With pickles please....

ohhh ohhh and extra fries mmmmm

RIP Rigger Dan
MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2010, 07:43:50 am »

Many here said they left because to many fucking retards came and made it a middle school playground!
Dont blame them a bit!People dont want to hang out with a bunch of stupid ass kids ya know.

MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2010, 08:43:47 am »

kids like 0v3Rt3hM0unTa1n prove my point!
Who wants to be around kids play all the time here.

0v3Rt3hM0unTa1n is a mistake in life for sure!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: