HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sad  (Read 12280 times)
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: August 07, 2010, 03:20:28 am »

I dont live with danger,....I allow it to exist with me........

Ahh...claiming control over the uncontrollable as if living in insanity makes one invincible. Until. Well, let us all hope that is not something discovered. On an interesting note, Ozzy discusses just such invincibility in his book "I am Ozzy." You know, the one that you said was a big thrill to win in a contest. He's talking about when he got out of the ski lift and was on top of it as it was going up the mountain. See, he was so f*d up he thought he was invincible. Seeing what the place is like not drugged out (or in your case, drugged out on endorphins from chronic stress) he is amazed he lived.

Nobody is a superhero FOF. In fact, one knife or one bullet or one razor blade is all it takes to bring that home. Get real.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 07, 2010, 03:38:18 am »

Ahh...claiming control over the uncontrollable as if living in insanity makes one invincible. Until. Well, let us all hope that is not something discovered. On an interesting note, Ozzy discusses just such invincibility in his book "I am Ozzy." You know, the one that you said was a big thrill to win in a contest. He's talking about when he got out of the ski lift and was on top of it as it was going up the mountain. See, he was so f*d up he thought he was invincible. Seeing what the place is like not drugged out (or in your case, drugged out on endorphins from chronic stress) he is amazed he lived.

Nobody is a superhero FOF. In fact, one knife or one bullet or one razor blade is all it takes to bring that home. Get real.
What the hell are talking about?  big thrill in what contest?? I never stated or posted any such thing,...
There are no endorpins around here,...I live inland.
FYI I have been shot,(2x)....didnt bother me..stabbed,..didnt bother me...high speed motorcycle wrecks,..no problem...
Onstage with Ozzy a few times,...didnt break a sweat...reality is just my imagination. Or am I just your imagination..?

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 07, 2010, 03:46:56 am »

What the hell are talking about?  big thrill in what contest?? I never stated or posted any such thing,...

Right. That was Puffpuffpass. Sorry about that. Must be the late hour. It's almost 2AM here in AZ.

A ha. A ha ha. Errrrr. So lame. That wasn't even remotely RELATED to funny.  Angry

FYI I have been shot,(2x)....didnt bother me..stabbed,..didnt bother me...high speed motorcycle wrecks,..no problem...

Well, the one time when it's deadly it will be. Don't you think? Because therein lies the possibility. Maybe you'll remember this conversation during that last moment. Or maybe not. Maybe it will all be a blur. If you're around (and not underneath) maybe I'll ask you when I get to the other side.

Onstage with Ozzy a few times,...didnt break a sweat...

really now. in what way were you EVER onstage with Ozzy. that's a big claim for an EMT.

reality is just my imagination. Or am I just your imagination..?

Not my imagination. My imagination is WAY more exciting than this. My reality? Maybe not so interesting.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 04:17:57 am by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 07, 2010, 04:03:46 am »

What the hell are talking about?  big thrill in what contest?? I never stated or posted any such thing,...

Right. That was Puffpuffpass. Sorry about that. Must be the late hour. It's almost 2AM here in AZ.

A ha. A ha ha. Errrrr. So lame. That wasn't even remotely RELATED to funny.

Well, the one time when it's deadly it will be. Don't you think? Because therein lies the possibility. Maybe you'll remember this conversation during that last moment. Or maybe not. Maybe it will all be a blur. If you're around (and not underneath) maybe I'll ask you when I get to the other side.

Onstage with Ozzy a few times,...didnt break a sweat...

really now. in what way were you EVER onstage with Ozzy. that's a big claim for an EMT.

reality is just my imagination. Or am I just your imagination..?

Not my imagination. My imagination is WAY more exciting than this. My reality? Maybe not so interesting.

[/quote]

* I knew you were confusing me with another,...no problem.
Most likely with the Ozzy should retire stuff too.
I would NEVER say that.

* Endorphins,...well it was a LITTLE funny..at least I tried to make you laugh. Cheesy

*I am not afraid of death and nobody can control when it happens,...most people that die on their way to the milk store didnt have it marked on thier calendars...I have held many dying people and it`s a blessing to die,...an honor...a gift. When I finally slide under a gasoline tanker at a very high rate of speed and burn to a carbonized crisp in a hideous raging inferno,..I seriously doubt I`ll be thinking of the Ozzfest message board. ( hello GOD,..it`s me Firstozzyfan,...howya been?)....not likely. I`ll probably smile and watch the pretty colors.... Cool

*Yes,..Onstage with Ozzy,...my favorite of all the times was when ZAKK WYLDE took me up there ,..walked me 2 feet away from Ozzy while he was singing no More Tears,..in 1992.
I was up there for half an hour/ 40 minutes or so. Holding guitars and just being mesmerized,..I was floating on a cloud for 2 or 3 days after that.The next day out of NYC we went to philly and played sega genesis on ZakKs bus.

*You could exist because of my existing imagination.....imagine that. String theory and all....

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 07, 2010, 04:27:52 am »

* I knew you were confusing me with another,...no problem.
Most likely with the Ozzy should retire stuff too.
I would NEVER say that.

ok then why all the gloom and doom. listen to the interviews i sent you on another thread (and in PM) and tell me he's done with music. he says on one of those that he hopes his time comes performing. although that would be the most fucking devastating thing in life itself, i hope that is a wish granted. he's a rarity, clearly deserving to be taken doing the thing he loves most. amongst the people who love him most.

* Endorphins,...well it was a LITTLE funny..at least I tried to make you laugh. Cheesy

ok. it did get a chuckle. but only a small one. barely even registered as audible. so don't get your hopes up. i'm not that easy to impress.

*I am not afraid of death and nobody can control when it happens,...most people that die on their way to the milk store didnt have it marked on thier calendars...I have held many dying people and it`s a blessing to die,...an honor...a gift. When I finally slide under a gasoline tanker at a very high rate of speed and burn to a carbonized crisp in a hideous raging inferno,..I seriously doubt I`ll be thinking of the Ozzfest message board. ( hello GOD,..it`s me Firstozzyfan,...howya been?)....not likely. I`ll probably smile and watch the pretty colors.... Cool

yuk. what imagery. i was imagining something a bit more serene myself. you know. having raised my children all to adults, and seen them off on the great road to adulthood, and possibly several of my grand-babies too, i am lying in my bed at home of course tucked into nice white cotton sheets, gazing at the faces i've loved so deeply, and with a sigh i let go.

*Yes,..Onstage with Ozzy,...my favorite of all the times was when ZAKK WYLDE took me up there ,..walked me 2 feet away from Ozzy while he was singing no More Tears,..in 1992.
I was up there for half an hour/ 40 minutes or so. Holding guitars and just being mesmerized,..I was floating on a cloud for 2 or 3 days after that.The next day out of NYC we went to philly and played sega genesis on ZakKs bus.

*You could exist because of my existing imagination.....imagine that. String theory and all....

---
Ask_Doc_Spock
{Unlock teh Madness!}
Community

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 07, 2010, 05:26:24 am »

What the hell are talking about?  big thrill in what contest?? I never stated or posted any such thing,...
Onstage with Ozzy a few times,...didnt break a sweat...reality is just my imagination. Or am I just your imagination..?

Nobody is a superhero. claiming control over the uncontrollable though living with insanity DOES NOT makes one invincible.
I dont live with danger, I laugh in the face of it. Seeing what the place is like not drugged out is boring.
Reality may be just my imagination. But am I your imagination or my own..arent we all one or the other at some point!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 05:31:47 am by Kola_Knut » Logged

RIDE THE SNAKE MON!

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: August 07, 2010, 10:49:43 pm »

I would like to humbly disagree. The meaning of the word has changed so much and the title Hero has been given to so many people that are not deserving of it's true meaning. If we are referring to a superhero as character from a comic book or sci-fi movie, then yes I agree with you 100 %. (There are no Superheroes). Nut by measure of reality they do and have always existed. When people can  throw the term around, such as "Kobie is my Hero" or Zakk is my Hero", then superheroes do exist. They exist in the reality that  A hero is anyone who without regard to self, who puts his/her life on the line or pays the ultimate price of giving his/her life to save that of another or many others. I can then come to a conclusion that If Kobie or Zakk can be recognized a heroes, then Men such as Audie Murphy (WW2 Hero) are superheroes. I would with reservation  state that any man or woman would serves the military that jumps on a grenade to save minimize a blast field or anyone who runs into a firefight to save a fallen comrade a super hero. I see any police office who does much the same a superhero and certainly any man or woman that runs into a fire to save lives is a superhero. these firefighters that run into danger on a daily basis. I'm not talking about people that stand outside the danger and watch what is going, but the ones that run into the fire when all others are running from it. They are our SUPERHEROES. This is just my opinion though. I'm sure that some will disagree with my point of view. I also don't like the term Diva going out to every woman that someone thinks is pretty. Dammit, they are just pretty women, not goddesses!!   Smiley
If this makes no sense to people, it may be because I'm stoned or maybe you are??? Undecided

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 07, 2010, 11:16:57 pm »

In my time as a firefighter (coming up on 10 years)...I have never heard a fellow firefighter or EMT refer to themselves as a hero. We dont look at it like that at all..we just do the job.
You follow instinct,training and dont ever look back, but at the same time,..watch out all around.
The people I see as heroes on a daily basis are little kids that are battling some disease,..and they still smile.
Or the guy who saves a life at the swimming pool because he knew CPR.
Or the person who stands up and stops something from happening that shouldnt happen in this world instead of standing idly by.
I was a common street musician at the world trade center prior to 9-11-2001.
The 343 NYFD members who perished that day are my heroes.
They motivated me with a powerful calling to be there for the random person in need,...and those 343 promises are being kept,..one by one,..everyday.
I made 343 promises on 9-11,....and I keep them everyday. It just has to be that way for me.
The only person I ever met that did something similar in the civilian world was a nurse,...she is my heroine.
Then I met the first class of US Marines to graduate after 9-11. They are my heroes.
They knew what was coming and they didnt look back.....
Heroes are seen by others,...not by themselves.
Anyone can be one,...just be there for others..............

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 08, 2010, 12:52:34 am »

I may not have been as clear about my definition as I though. When I refer to firefighters being heroes, I refer to the ones that go beyond what is considered a job. I don't mean that every firefighter, solder and police officer as heroes. I  am  giving the title super-hero to the ones that  go beyond the definition of job. I refer to the solders that, with total disregard for their own safety will run into the middle of a fire fight to pull a wounded brother to safety. A police officer that would do something to put himself into harms way to save another officer or civilian. Not someone that sits in a tank and shoots off shells, but if he sees a wounded solder would let someone else do the rescuing. I do NOT refer to an EMT or a firefighter that would reason things out and only attempt a rescue only if the odds were in his favor. There are a great many civilians that I consider heroes. People that would step in a brawl were a person is being harmed and even though the odds are against them, they persevere to overcome and rescue the victim. I don't refer to photographers that stand outside and take pictures during a fire or after  the dangers have passed. I need to be very clear about this and mean no harm in my statement, but FOF, I do not now, nor have I every seen you as a hero. I have never even considered it. The original definition of hero was someone who (no regard for his own safety) jeopardizes his own safety for that of another. I do not (although they are now considered heroes) consider people who are inspiring in their ability to overcome adversity without being consumed by depression heroes. To me the children you speak off at pure inspirations and examples of how we should live. However to consider everyone that fits the later definition only serves to diminish the  true meaning of the term Hero. It is OK to do this, but only if we construct a new term (Super Hero) that inspires true heroism. I do believe that People that excel at their jobs or inspire us to overcome adversity are  just exceptional people and inspirational people and heroes are a cut above.
Ramblings of a Madman,
A_C
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:26:23 am by A_C » Logged

clozzy
iza beizae maekzin britanae mai lavurz!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 08, 2010, 02:38:38 am »

In my time as a firefighter (coming up on 10 years)...I have never heard a fellow firefighter or EMT refer to themselves as a hero. We dont look at it like that at all..we just do the job.
You follow instinct,training and dont ever look back, but at the same time,..watch out all around.
The people I see as heroes on a daily basis are little kids that are battling some disease,..and they still smile.
Or the person who stands up and stops something from happening that shouldnt happen in this world instead of standing idly by.
They motivated me with a powerful calling to be there for the random person in need,...and those 343 promises are being kept,..one by one,..everyday.
I made 343 promises on 9-11,....and I keep them everyday. It just has to be that way for me.
The only person I ever met that did something similar in the civilian world was a nurse,...she is my heroine.
Then I met the first class of US Marines to graduate after 9-11. They are my heroes.

yaiz. teh fiwareman iz spaezk00lz
whienz y00z rubz heez hailmut
milf squirtz outta heez eiez!  Cheesy

::finger::sinister::finger::sinister
m/(-.-)m/ w00t (.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)    
m/(-.-)m/ w00t (.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)_(.)
::finger::sinister::finger::sinister
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 08, 2010, 09:10:20 am »

yaiz. teh fiwareman iz spaezk00lz
whienz y00z rubz heez hailmut
milf squirtz outta heez eiez!  Cheesy
Cheesy Jeeezuzzs! MILF? and would`nt that be the one eye? Cheesy
Trollz `n clones `n ho`s `n bones.......see the kidz throw sticks `n stonez Grin ( i just wrote that...)

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 08, 2010, 09:29:43 am »

I may not have been as clear about my definition as I though. When I refer to firefighters being heroes, I refer to the ones that go beyond what is considered a job. I don't mean that every firefighter, solder and police officer as heroes. I  am  giving the title super-hero to the ones that  go beyond the definition of job. I refer to the solders that, with total disregard for their own safety will run into the middle of a fire fight to pull a wounded brother to safety. A police officer that would do something to put himself into harms way to save another officer or civilian. Not someone that sits in a tank and shoots off shells, but if he sees a wounded solder would let someone else do the rescuing. I do NOT refer to an EMT or a firefighter that would reason things out and only attempt a rescue only if the odds were in his favor. There are a great many civilians that I consider heroes. People that would step in a brawl were a person is being harmed and even though the odds are against them, they persevere to overcome and rescue the victim. I don't refer to photographers that stand outside and take pictures during a fire or after  the dangers have passed. I need to be very clear about this and mean no harm in my statement, but FOF, I do not now, nor have I every seen you as a hero. I have never even considered it. The original definition of hero was someone who (no regard for his own safety) jeopardizes his own safety for that of another. I do not (although they are now considered heroes) consider people who are inspiring in their ability to overcome adversity without being consumed by depression heroes. To me the children you speak off at pure inspirations and examples of how we should live. However to consider everyone that fits the later definition only serves to diminish the  true meaning of the term Hero. It is OK to do this, but only if we construct a new term (Super Hero) that inspires true heroism. I do believe that People that excel at their jobs or inspire us to overcome adversity are  just exceptional people and inspirational people and heroes are a cut above.
Ramblings of a Madman,
A_C
I agree that we as a society use terms loosely and definatively these days.
 The lot of us need to probably redefine certain subjects and agree on new terminology as a culture.
 I think that happens over time anyway,whether we want it to or not.
This topic more or less spun out of the conversation on another thread regarding fears...
Fdarkbladeus has dragged it into this one when we posted the other nite, with her challenging every post I made along the way in her special way. Roll Eyes
As for those kids I mention they seem to differ from other sick kids as they dont whine and fall into the woe is me column.
They know full well what the deal is yet have a remarkable courage knowing what is to come.
Kids are smarter than adults give them credit for.
I pondered the thought though since the term invincible and superhero have been tossed around in posts above,...does Ozzy fall into the invincible category since scientists are studying him as we speak for that very phenomenon?
Time will tell,..and as far as superhero goes would`nt he fall into that column as well since he defied death itself with all the ravages he took upon himself yet surpassed it all to bring us such works and achievements?
Since we as a culture are tossing the terms around so freely I say yes,...surely yes.

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: August 08, 2010, 04:37:54 pm »

I don't mean that every firefighter, solder and police officer as heroes. I need to be very clear about this and mean no harm in my statement, but FOF, I do not now, nor have I every seen you as a hero.
Ramblings of a Madman,
A_C
This topic more or less spun out of the conversation on another thread regarding fears...
Fdarkbladeus has dragged it into this one when we posted the other nite, with her challenging every post I made along the way in her special way. Roll Eyes

Ah, I see FOF. If you feel emasculated because a woman takes you on and you're proven wrong, little digs are going to be woven in now forever after? This loaded language stuff is immature and rude. Do your male bonding in some other way.

For those of you who require it put a bit more simply? GO F*CK YOURSELF FOF
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 04:42:49 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 08, 2010, 04:43:46 pm »

Eat your souvlaki, Butchy. Grin
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 08, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »

Eat your souvlaki, Butchy. Grin

Actually Mantooth, I don't appreciate the little digs I am finding from FOF. That does not make me a butch love, it makes me observant. It's been a long time since women were silent when harassed like this. Please don't add insult to injury.

---
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: