HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2010 (Devore, CA) - FUCKING ROCKED! (Photo's)  (Read 3963 times)
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2010, 09:49:04 pm »

xxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxxx Shocked xxxxxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxxxxxx Angry xxxxxxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxx Kiss xxxxxxxxxx

Get your ticket if you haven't yet, this show is fucking BAD@SS!

xxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxxx Shocked xxxxxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxxxxxx Angry xxxxxxxxxxxxx Grin xxxxxxxxx Kiss xxxxxxxxxx

Wow. WHAT a GREAT time!  

A day in the sun with a bunch of fellow metalheads. Good stuff!

Went with a fan I met on this site Mario and his son Zak (who was named after none other than Zak Wylde), my son Clint and his friend Will.

That's me, Darkblade, the woman (dumbass!) with Will, my son, and Mario on the right.

The trip was long from AZ, but faster than we had pictured.
   Got into the venue at about 2:30, because we slept after getting in at 5:45. We was pooped. Least us old-timers were. The boys were on adrenaline, ready to mosh Kiss

Shortly after arriving, we cut the younguns free to head to the second stage area while we scoped out t-shirts and the rest of the stuff for sale.

Eventually made our way to the stage. One of the speed metal acts were playing; while technically amazing, the sound overall left my son, his friend Will, and Zak unimpressed. They got in line for Monster drinks while we chilled under a tree.

Drowning Pool began their set with Sinner, getting me pretty much from the get go. Their setlist was:

• Sinner
  • Enemy
  • Feel Like I Do
  • 37 Stitches
  • Step Up
  • Tear Away
  • Bodies

Recognizing the songs, the boys got their mosh dreams fulfilled. Three that I could see were going during most of the songs. It was all right. Stirred up a bit too much dust for me to want to move from my nice cool spot under the tree lol.

When they got completely exhausted, they wound their way back to home base by the tree. William was first, all pumped up, dirt covered teeth, talking about the "big ass guys" who he moshed with, and telling the story of his shoe which he lost when the guy behind him fell, and shortly had to go retrieve from the fenceline when it went airborne. I laughed hysterically, that's fucking hilarious! Clint and Zak came next, dirt teeth all, covered in alot more dirt then Will. Clint looked like he'd hit face first in the dirt but hadn't. Crazy asses. Cheeks fucking red and eyes lit up. Yep, got their adrenaline running for sure.

All bets for sitting my @ss under the tree lazy were off when they hit the first notes of Bodies. I ran up and got my exercise along with the hundreds and hundreds of other fans rocking with it. Move over Mexican jumping bean, Darkblade has the up and down on you hands down. YEA BABY!!!

Kiss Next came the wedding. Awww  Kiss

It was a sweet thing to witness. Some old bag of a guy kept saying "Don't do it!" Don't do it," behind me. I looked at his retardation in the flesh and thought to myself...damn. I mean, I'm a cynic too, but what a retard. Obviously they were in love, and wanted to share that with other metal heads. Right on!

Zakk, the big fucking Viking lunk, took the stage next. OMG, talk about a rockstar, talented as hell, and ready to rock his fans. And there were hundreds, flooding around the stage, me included, a packed little pickle left of the stage, closest I could get post Drowning Pool cuz the fans sweetie? They weren't moving!

Don't blame anyone for one second. If it weren't for the mosh during Drowning Pool, I'd have been there myself. I couldn't get closer than about 20 people back.

Good luck for me Zak and Clint were with, Zak stands over 6'2" and snapped me the last photo bottom right on my camera. A great shot for a 14 year old!

I kept thinking in my head "this man should be on the main stage. He's a fucking rock star." Not putting down the other bands, but Zakk? He's just clearly a fucking legend. Fans (including me) love the man! He's just so WAY bigger than 2nd stage. Big time.

Love you Zakk Wylde! You're an A-FUCKING-MAZING guitarist, and you are gorgeous as hell! Smiley I could just watch you all day. But go first stage, please??? You need to be there!

Next we were pumping @ss to the Main Stage area. To my dismay Non-Point had already left the stage. They were the only "New" band I really had wanted to hear Sad. Who fucking planned that shit out. I mean, it was obviously going to be BLS over them, but frankly? BLS should have been mainstage. Someone needs on the timing better, that was disappointing.

Anyways, at the main, Devil Driver was onstage. There were some, old, young, all, rocking out with. How on earth they understand what the hell the guy sings is beyond me ~ they appeared to though. Unless they were just mumbling bull and just liked the music. Me? I'm just so not into the Cookie Monster vocals. Sounds fucking stupid to me as I've said before. It wasn't a BAD time, it just wasn't what I wanted to hear.

Besides, I had a bigger problem on my hands. My left combat boot fell apart from mid to toe. No idea why, but I had superglue in my camera bag (ha!) and remembered that it was there. THANK GOD! All that jumping during Bodies just fucked the boot big time. So, I took that time to enjoy the show somewhat (except wishing it was Nonpoint instead) and fix my boot. LOL.

Next came FUCKING ROB HALFORD - OMG WHAT A FUCKING SHOW  

This dude next to me came and sat during Halford. He had this set of really cool binoculars that I watched the entire set for Rob through. Honestly? The only pic I took of the man was to the right. The guitarist I thought cool is to the left. The rest of the fucking time I was just watching thinking "HOLY SHIT, this man is a fucking LEGEND." He DEFINITELY defines ROCK STAR. WOW. His music is just FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE. WOW!!!!

I thought it was just my eyes seeing it this way, but my son who is 16 and completely unfamiliar with Judas Priest and Rob Halford said the exact same thing. He said the whole crowd, all the way back to lawn was fucking mesmerized! [His comment included Rob and Ozzy]. He said the reaction was amazing, in everyone!

Motley Crue was next. Frankly, the band had a lot of fans very thrilled to see them. Hats off to their fans. And to those fans who did show respect and stay to see Ozzy. I was a bit struck, never having seen them, with how Las Vegas they seemed. Makeup, outfits, stage props, all. Their fans joined right in and dressed to the max too. Which is fine, cool, it was an experience. High energy, fun, but to me? Just not hard rock AT ALL. They were pussy rock. Whoever thought of them on this tour needs their head examined.

The songs I did recognize ("Girls, girls girls" being one) didn't sound to me anything like what I recall the songs sounding like on the radio all those years ago. I thought they were sloppy renditions of the same. Yikes! Sad Sorry to say so, the fans just were rocking along like that wasn't the case, so I hope that doesn't offend, it's just how it struck me. Here's the one shot I took of Vince Neil.

Their bass was turned up so fucking high, my fucking head was buzzing from it. It was WAY too off. You couldn't hear anything else, just fucking feel this buzzing from overdone sound. I was close, 7 rows past pitt, but DAMN! FUCKING had to hold my fucking fingers in my ears just to retain my hearing. JESUS CHRIST. They needed to turn that fucking shit down.

If they had, maybe I would have enjoyed their show. Who knows.

After maybe a 10% exit of Crue fans, people leaving to load up on liquor and smoke, it was on. Ozzy took the stage after much ado and fan excitement. I was fucking floored. It was Ozzy! I just about cry thinking about it. OMG, the guy I have loved since I was 12 fucking years old. DAMNED STRAIGHT.

I have to say, that feeling was mirrored in so many of the faces all around me, male and female. The love for this man is amazing. A sea of metal heads watching in awe the guy who fucking wrote the book on Rock and Roll.

I'm sitting here crying trying to express what this show was like. Man he was in such great form. The whole band was fucking polished like you cannot believe. 80% of the crowd KNOW who Ozzy is and were rocking the fuck down with him. Eyes and hearts honoring the man, from teens to 60's. I saw people who didn't know what the hell to expect, Crue fans mostly, perk up, suddenly pay attention, then really get into the show. These guys fucking broke it free for all of us.

The solo's showing fans what they have were BAD FUCKING ASS!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was really really really cool, a nice touch to show people who are at the helm with Ozzy today. Great stuff to promote Ozzy's solo tour, big time. These guys are cream of the crop. Blasko, Tommy, Adam, and Gus fucking shine. ~*

Speaking of which...MY MOST SINCERE APOLOGIES TO BLASKO AND ADAM - THE PICTURES I TOOK OF THEM WERE BLURRY Sad Sad Sad I have them on video, tons! But video doesn't post here ~* FUCK!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if the band realized just how much they were blowing everyones fucking mind. It was so tangible in the fucking air, you would have needed a fricking 300' titanium wrecking ball to bust it free. It was so much of everything, past, present, and today. Truly one BADASS fucking concert, something the likes of I haven't seen in years. Just Ozzy and Halford would have been enough for me OMFG!!!!

Ozzy's setlist was as follows:

01. Bark at the Moon
02. Let Me Hear You Scream
03. Mr. Crowley
04. Fairies Wear Boots (BLACK SABBATH cover)
05. Suicide Solution
06. Road To Nowhere
07. Shot In The Dark
08. Rat Salad - guitar/bass/drum solos & jam (BLACK SABBATH cover)
09. Iron Man (BLACK SABBATH cover)
10. Killer Of Giants
11. Fire In The Sky
12. I Don't Want To Change The World
13. I Don't Know
14. Paranoid (BLACK SABBATH cover)

Encore:

15. Crazy Train (feat. 10-year-old guitar prodigy Yuto Miyazawa)

Check out these press reviews! Ozzfest was fantastic. A GREAT SHOW!

LATimes Live Review: Ozzfest

Artist Direct Live Review: Ozzfest 2010

Soundspike: On Ozzfest

Blabbermouth.net: Ozzfest 2010 Fan Review

Audiofile: In Review

« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 01:20:44 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 09:51:03 pm »

Ozzy gave SUCH a performance, he fucking blew away the crowd. My son said people all over the place were mesmerized. He was in Lawn. It impressed him, the devotion he saw on all the faces.  Grin. I was so happy he got to see people and their love for Ozzy, not just his mom. He's like "Mom, everyone was headbanging, and just so amazed!" He knew all the songs because Mom plays them ALOT heh heh!!! Ozzy is so beautiful ~*
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 09:59:22 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
Sadian
narsastictic and so shallow
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 10:07:45 pm »

killaz

poweslave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 10:12:28 pm »

awesome review
ozzfestgurl
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 10:56:21 pm »

That was my 7th time seeing Ozzy and it was the best fucking performance I had ever seen. I literally can't even put into words what an awesome time I had at the show. I literally cried on the way home because I couldn't believe how awesome Ozzy was. I was so sad when it was over, even though he played for almost 2 hours.

I had the time of my life!

Here is a pic of me and some new friends that were helping me out in the front for BLS!

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 11:33:34 pm »

That was my 7th time seeing Ozzy and it was the best fucking performance I had ever seen. I literally can't even put into words what an awesome time I had at the show. I literally cried on the way home because I couldn't believe how awesome Ozzy was. I was so sad when it was over, even though he played for almost 2 hours.

I had the time of my life!

Here is a pic of me and some new friends that were helping me out in the front for BLS!

For reals. I feel the same way. People were just fucking floored.

Love your shirt! Lucky woman. Up front like that! I'm jealous.

---
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 11:38:40 pm »

Kick ass review, makes me jealous, I didn't know you were a girl, learn something new everyday.

Rocknrollcola
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 02:55:41 am »

Cool pictures. I hope other people have pictures to share.

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 03:05:40 am »

Awesome review thanks Darkbladeus!!!
I thoroughly enjoyed reading your review and checking out your pics
Thankyou so much for taking the time to share and post your awesome experience!!!

Ozzfestgurl nice pic.....you're a hawty Smiley
Mr. Tinkertrain
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 03:47:10 am »

Awesome review! I can't wait for the Camden date!

Really liking Ozzy's setlist also! Fire In The Sky, Killer Of Giants, Fairies Wear Boots? Fuck yeah!

Wonder if he'll change it up at all or if that is the static set. Either way, loving it!

im4evaozzyfan
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 10:06:29 am »

i must say that i share your devotion and love for Ozzy and I really appreciate the awesome review.... I'm going to the Mansfield show and am definatley super stoked since reading this THANKS AGAIN

ROCK FUCKIN ON
IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 10:47:07 am »

Did you see if there were any meet and greets?
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2010, 11:23:40 am »

Did you see if there were any meet and greets?

I heard that there were. The guy next to me had a backstage pass LUCKY ASS! I don't know. I spent $150 to sit where I was. That was all I could afford. Kinda annoyed me that a guy paid $105 in front of me, and the guy next to me with that backstage access paid $80. But other than that I would not have done things any differently. I had a GREAT seat and got to see Ozzy up close during a phenomenal show. That's beyond the price. I have loved the man since forever. Being able to be in the same space with him was worth so much more to this womans heart. He's Ozzy!

---
stevepwn

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2010, 07:54:21 pm »

u dont like devildriver.... wtf
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2010, 08:10:50 pm »

u dont like devildriver.... wtf

nope. don't like that genre at all. it's the vocals. i don't like them. the music was good though.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:14:07 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: