HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kick Devildriver off the Tour!!!  (Read 17173 times)
Gibsonrox

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2010, 12:10:48 pm »

Just saw Ozzfest in Pittsburgh, PA...and of course IT ROCKED!!!  Ozzy is the master and Motley Crue is just as timeless!   The ONLY blemish in the whole show was the gross disrespect that Devildriver frontman Dez Fafara (who?) paid to the real talent in the show.   When seemingly angered by the lack of response from the crowd when he asked who was familiar with Devildriver and who had seen them before....Dez announced that "the acts in the second half of the show are OLD AND DYING" and that the crowd better "wake the f*ck up" and get with the times".  WTF?  Talk about biting the hand that is feeding you!!  If i were Ozzy I would kick them off the tour immediately!  Ozzy and Crue have stood the test of time and are PROVEN masters of rock!  Dez should be thanking thme for allowing him to share the stage with his inferior talent.  Maybe I am getting carried away a bit over one comment...but I am a musician...(not on their caliber by any means)...and I have respect for the art and the icons that have so greatly influenced it.
Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 12:26:57 pm »

maybe you just took it the wrong way.  but i dont know i wasnt there.  i would find it extremely odd that dez would disrespect ozzy in anyway considering that devildriver has been on ozzfest like 3 times, and so has coal chamber i believe.

ministrymember99
Ozzfest's Dark Overlord
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:47:55 pm »

wow
Id like to hear some other witness accounts and see if it was spoken in the context that your saying it was.... If so, yeah kick their asses of the tour... If maiden cant get away with it than DD shouldnt be able to either.

01gt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 01:28:58 pm »

I was at the Pittsburgh show.  When I was watching Devil Driver, I was wishing the whole time that BLS was in their place on the main stage instead of them, but that is ... I guess ... another story.  

Yes, the lead singer for DD (Dez?) asked three times for who had heard of or had seen DD previously.  He kept asking people to raise their hands if they had, etc (kinda like school).  I joked to my wife that it looks like he took some on-line marketing class and is using us as a focus group.  Beyond that, I did not hear the comment that was mentioned above.  HOWEVER, the dude was hard to understand, so he may have said it.

The interesting thing is that the band looked wierd with Dez as their lead singer.  He looks like a 50 year old playing with high schoolers.  It was kinda embarressing for him IMO.  Maybe time for him to start shopping for walkers and canes.  Also his singing was ... at best ... pretty sub-par.  If he wants people to be into them, then maybe they should look inward at their musical product.

Ozzy, Crue, and Halford all REALLY delivered.   IMO, any one coming who was not in love with one of the secondary acts would have been better served to just come late and just catch the three headliners.  It was too hot for our show in Pittsburgh to enjoy the second stage (no shade anywhere), and DD and Nonpoint were ... at best ... fair.  DD was annoying, and Nonpoint was a little forgetful. I had awesome seats about 10 rows behind the pit.  It was a GREAT show.   Just my humble opinion.  

« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:32:14 pm by 01gt » Logged
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 01:56:26 pm »

I"m looking forward to devildriver.  I'm glad they're on the tour.   I've seen them like 5 times and they always delivered. 
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 03:14:56 pm »

I was at the San Bernadino show and agree, BLS should have been main stage and Devil Driver on second. Zakk is way better than they were. It was a bit boring watching this one 50 year old guy standing in front of me with his face contorted waving his fist all hunched over like the hunchback of notre dame. turning around and grinning from time to time as if we understood. i have no idea wtf the guy was even singing. nor cared. Roll Eyes

but? it's all good. i just would have someone's head examined who decided which bands played where. and, having so many of the same flavor was a bad decision. they needed more variety.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
stevepwn

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2010, 03:16:08 pm »

i seen them before and they own, so fuck u dez wouldnt diss ozzy dumbass
eXile72
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 05:28:26 pm »

Not the biggest Devildriver fan but they have much more to do with metal currently than either Crue or Ozzy who has really lost touch with the current metal scene.

elsuperbeasto
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 06:23:13 pm »

Just saw Ozzfest in Pittsburgh, PA...and of course IT ROCKED!!!  Ozzy is the master and Motley Crue is just as timeless!   The ONLY blemish in the whole show was the gross disrespect that Devildriver frontman Dez Fafara (who?) paid to the real talent in the show.   When seemingly angered by the lack of response from the crowd when he asked who was familiar with Devildriver and who had seen them before....Dez announced that "the acts in the second half of the show are OLD AND DYING" and that the crowd better "wake the f*ck up" and get with the times".  WTF?  Talk about biting the hand that is feeding you!!  If i were Ozzy I would kick them off the tour immediately!  Ozzy and Crue have stood the test of time and are PROVEN masters of rock!  Dez should be thanking thme for allowing him to share the stage with his inferior talent.  Maybe I am getting carried away a bit over one comment...but I am a musician...(not on their caliber by any means)...and I have respect for the art and the icons that have so greatly influenced it.
I was at the show last night and Dez had nothing but respect for Ozzy and Motley Crue, even thanking them for including them in the tour.
To quote Dez, "I wouldn't even have a career with out Ozzy, and that is the truth."
I have no idea where you got that from.

and below is a pic i took during devildriver so you can see that i was close enough to hear him without the microphone.
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 07:08:54 pm »

The fact is that the guy who started this thread is completely retarded.  As for Maiden, they didn't get kicked-off in '05, they were only scheduled to play up to then.

A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2010, 07:56:34 pm »

I Very SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Dez said or even think of saying what you claim. I had the privilege of  talking with him several times and interviewing him once. He had/has nothing but admiration for Ozzy. He has great respect for Metal as a whole and is not the kind of person that would shit talk anyone. The dude told me more than once that Ozzy was METAL. He has said that Ozzy was  the one that gave him his big break and that he would do anything for OZZY. I would not put it past him to say that the musicians on the main stage were getting old, but only if he was including himself. And I could see him saying that if you were not there to see the bands on the second stage that you need to, because they are the future of Metal. You see Dez is a supporter and promoter of the whole fucking Metal Genre. But would he ever disrespect OZZY? Motley Crue? Rob Halford? Fuck no!!! He respects them all to much. So am I going to believe some Idiot that tries to start malicious rumors about  one of the most respectful and decent musicians that I have ever met? I think the answer is incredibly easy. I will Believe in DEZ!!!! So fuck-off shit talker.

« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 02:44:01 am by A_C » Logged

stylesclash516

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2010, 08:11:05 pm »

I always just lurk on this forum and never post, but I feel I have to make this my first. I was at the show yesterday and nothing even close came out of Dez's mouth. All he said was "how many people are familiar with Devildriver" and "how many people haven't seen Devildriver live" and the one every band does "lets get crazy." As it turns out, a friend of mine taped their whole set, I rewatched it because their performance was great, and nothing was said even close to that. As far as Zakk replacing Devildriver, BLS was the worst band of the day by far. He played a 10 minute solo that nearly put me (and seemingly everyone else) to sleep, some of his generic songs, and then I gave up to go watch Nonpoint. Some one is just mad because his days are over and new Metal music isn't like it was in the 80's. The first post is bullshit, plain and simple.
Bocephusfan07

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2010, 09:20:29 pm »

Not a fan of Devil Driver.  Really only was a fan of Ozzy Osbourne and Motley Crue yesterday.  But I saw Devil Drivers set and I didn't here him say that either.  He however did say something I remember close to:"I wouldn't even have a career if it wasn't for the Osbournes and Ozzy"
A_C
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2010, 09:53:49 pm »

I'm posting a link to an interview that was done by the members of the 2006 & 2007 Ozzfest boards. It is right here on the Ozzfest forums were it should be, but was not able to post it on the 2008 & 2009 boards  format.

http://www.ozzfest.com/forum/index.php?topic=104541.0

JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2010, 09:54:52 pm »

^^Theres Your PROOF As To Why The 2007-2009 Boards Are Gone...THINK ABOUT IT PPL!!! Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: