HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THANK YOU ALL! SEE YOU AT OZZFEST 2011!  (Read 25191 times)
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2010, 06:08:04 pm »

I plan to see Ozzy solo. But frankly? Ozzy is today, Sabbath is just repeating old songs.

Why not go to a different festival if that's how you feel love? This is OZZfest after all, not SABBfest.

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
poweslave

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2010, 08:26:22 pm »

And yet there have been several Ozzfest's that featured SABBATH as the headliner and not Ozzy. There have even been Ozzfests were Ozzy was not the headliner in any way. Hell, there have even been Ozzfests with NO OZZY at all. Perhaps you should learn your history.

Im not gay......................................really......................
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2010, 09:13:08 pm »

And yet there have been several Ozzfest's that featured SABBATH as the headliner and not Ozzy. There have even been Ozzfests were Ozzy was not the headliner in any way. Hell, there have even been Ozzfests with NO OZZY at all. Perhaps you should learn your history.

Im not gay......................................really......................

ha ha ha.  Roll Eyes  [Darkblade wonders about that, scratching her head, not too sure]

I know my history. Sharon started Ozzfest to provide a venue for Ozzy's music.

Anyways!!!

TO OZZFEST 2011 WIZARD!!!!

---
poweslave

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2010, 09:41:58 pm »

Sabbath is still Ozzy though. Just a different band. Same singer. Still Ozzy.
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2010, 10:24:05 pm »

and GNR seriously? they would totally fuck up the band set times by showing up extremly late, if axl is involved at all. even tho i did like chinese democracy.

HA HA  just came across my copy today.  my older nephew gave it to me cuz he hated it
then I listened to it (after drinking some very strange spanish lager) and I got extremely oogie.
I tried to give it to my younger nephew and he won't touch it.  its cursed, I tell you . . . CURSED!

schedule GnR as the last band on the second stage and watch everyone go over to main for BLS.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:07 pm »

and GNR seriously? they would totally fuck up the band set times by showing up extremly late, if axl is involved at all. even tho i did like chinese democracy.

HA HA  just came across my copy today.  my older nephew gave it to me cuz he hated it
then I listened to it (after drinking some very strange spanish lager) and I got extremely oogie.
I tried to give it to my younger nephew and he won't touch it.  its cursed, I tell you . . . CURSED!

schedule GnR as the last band on the second stage and watch everyone go over to main for BLS.
Cheesy

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2010, 11:03:15 pm »

I know my history. Sharon started Ozzfest to provide a venue for Ozzy's music.

sharon started Ozzfest because Perry Ferrel wouldn't let Ozzy onto Lollapalooza

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2010, 11:24:39 pm »

Yep. And what a great thing she did! Otherwise we'd not have seen him here in 2010 ya know? And that my love would have been a HUGE shame ~* Grin

---
dilutedpsycho

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2010, 11:41:30 pm »

thechnically Black Sabbath has been releasing new material (that is until Dio died) just under a different name. They have been playing and releasing new music as Heaven and Hell. And did you not read the guys first post? He wanted Sabbath (with OZZY) to headline the main stage, and ozzy SOLO to headline the side stage. You would be SEEING OZZY TWICE!!! How is that disrespecting Ozzy? Ozzy has actually played on the second stage a couple of times throughout the run of ozzfest history. He willingly did it. That would be a great idea (with the exception of Guns and Roses).
f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2010, 12:12:11 am »

Ozzy is no longer defined by Black Sabbath. He is and has been solo for a long time. He just put out SCREAM, a very hard hitting and rocking album. His band is stellar, he has one HELL of a lineup. For him to walk away from that to go with his old band mates (who God only knows aren't that respectful of him and his contributions) for any length of time would be insane. Gus G and Tommy Clufetos can bring stuff the likes of which we haven't heard since Rhoads and Lee. Ozzy's voice is Ozzy's voice. It's gonna sell records.

Didn't say I wouldn't want to see Sabbath second stage. There's only so many times playing with them is going to be intense. Last check, the 2001 spin in the studio didn't bring out anything but horrible and unworthy music. What would be the incentive for Ozzy?

---------------- Roll Eyes

thechnically Black Sabbath has been releasing new material

Bannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnh. [Buzzer goes off] Wrong!

Iommi, Butler, Ward, and Ozzy explicitly state "they do not consider any other lineup but the four of them Sabbath." Watch "The Last Supper." They say those other line-ups were OTHER BANDS. End of subject.

When they (Iommi, Butler, Ward, and Ozzy) get off their duff and put new stuff out that blows away anything they've done since 1973 I will think them a contemporary band. Otherwise, they have put nothing new out since 1978. Maybe they don't have it in them anymore. Correction - as a band maybe they do not.

ps> I bought the latest album put out with Dio. I tried to like it, but frankly, it was very long winded and holy smokes was it long on the chops. Annoyingly so. I gave it a whirl at least 20 times and just was bored to death. Can't say the same EVER about ANY of Ozzy's albums.

The beauty of Sabbath in the old days were their songs started, were dark, very interesting, got on with it, and ended 3 or so minutes later. These marathon songs - it's just not something that showcases Iommi's talent. It bores me half to death. Now if it was Randy Rhoads or Gus G? Different story.

============================
Thank you. Good night. Elvis has left the building.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 12:15:28 am by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
poweslave

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

Your making alot of assumptions about sabbath there. You cant really back a lot of that up.

On a side note, I know GNR may not be for a lot of people but trust me when I tell you they are THE FUCKING SHIT. The late starts that they are famous for might be a prob, but they only seem to pull that when they are the last act on the bill. Anyways, its not likely anyways considering Ozzy hasnt had to many nice things to say about Axl latley in interviews. Just wishfull thinking. That was only a semi realistic lineup though. My ultimate dream line up would be something like:

Main Stage

MetallicA
Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Guns N' Roses
KISS
AC/DC
Ozzy Osbourne
Slayer
(in basically any order)

Second Stage

Megadeth
Black Label Society
Aerosmith
Judas Priest
Dimmu Borgir
Trivium
Van Halen
(in any order)

but i dont care. I will go to Ozzfest for almost any decent lineup.
dilutedpsycho

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 02:10:18 am »

so if they only consider black sabbath to be Black Sabbath if Ozzy is singing, then why did Black Sabbath release songs with Dio singing under the title Black Sabbath before changing names to Heaven and Hell? Does that make much sense to you? I mean, honestly, I can 100% understand what you are saying, and I believe you that they said that, but that doesnt explain why they released songs and albums as Black Sabbath with Dio singing.

And I think the incentive for Ozzy is that he just wants to do one more really good Sabbath album/tour in the near future just for the hell of it. More for himself. Because he has said that in a lot of recent interviews. So there is your incentive.
paozzygrrll56

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 08:42:18 am »

oh i love the second dream list better. more bands i love, but the tix prices would be so high to get all those major acts together.
on another note ive heard that there is gonna be a tour edition of scream commin out oct 5th with new tracks and some vid. anybody else hear that?

Solitaryman72

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 09:57:27 pm »

Your rant caused a blood vessel in my head to burst. I seriously doubt Guns and Roses will ever be touring with Ozzfest. Axle Rose is a douchebag. Ozzfest was only a 6 show venue so I can't see why Ozzy would'nt go on tour for his new album. I would love to see testament play @ Ozzfest. Slayer should come back too. There are alot of bands I would love to see at next years Ozzfest. Megadeth, Metallica, Slayer, Testament, Anthrax, SOD/MOD. All in all I will definately be at next years Ozzfest. I hope it will be in Camden, NJ again. PNC sucks. Grin
poweslave

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2010, 10:51:56 pm »

I doubt GNR will ever tour Ozzfest as well. That's why it is my lineup but not a very realistic one. Regardless of whether Axl is douche (and im not saying that he is becuase I dont know him and I doubt you do either) thier music is amazing. Musically they are untouchable. A lot of poeple bitch because Slash isnt there any more, and they were expecting Chinese Democracy to sound like Appetite For Destuction, but they need to look past the les pual and top hat and focus on the music. And I would prefer the venue to be PNC instead of the Camden one because the seats get a better view because of the slope angle which is steeper then Camden.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 10:54:22 pm by poweslave » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: