HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THANK YOU ALL! SEE YOU AT OZZFEST 2011!  (Read 25183 times)
Lars_Carpet_Steamer
did you get butthurt? we'll lick it clean!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2010, 12:53:06 am »

Your rant caused a blood vessel in my head to burst. I seriously doubt Guns and Roses will ever be touring with Ozzfest. Axle Rose is a douchebag. Ozzfest was only a 6 show venue so I can't see why Ozzy would'nt go on tour for his new album. I would love to see AC/DC play @ Ozzfest. Slayer should come back too. There are alot of bands I would love to see at next years Ozzfest. Megadeth, Machinehead, GWAR, Chimera, Slayer, Korn, Soil, Andrew W.K., SOA/ITM. All in all I will definately be at next years Ozzfest. I hope it will be at Pizza Hut Park, TX again. All other venues suck. Grin
I agree, great lineup! If those bands play I will def. be there again! Wink
« Last Edit: August 30, 2010, 12:55:25 am by Lars_Carpet_Steamer » Logged
paigow

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2010, 02:55:22 pm »

First off, without Sabbath there would be no Ozzy - period.  Sabbath changed they way we listened to music by introducing TRUE heavy metal.  Old stuff or not, they are Metal Gods!  And Ozzy only does 1 or 2 new songs, everything else is old including Sabbath tunes - Paranoid, Fairies Wear Boots, Iron Man, Into The Void and Rat Salad, all of these songs were sung by OZZY this year at Ozzfest.  Almost 1/3 of OZZY's setlist was SABBATH, that's saying something my friends.

And for all of you guys with these unrealistic Fantasy line-ups, you would be paying $500 a ticket for good seats and $100+ for lawn seats, never gonna happen.  Ozzy and 1 or 2 other decent bands and a lot of other lower rated bands is how it will always be.  Personally, I think Ozzfest is done with, hope I'm wrong though.  Not enough ticket sales.   If they want to sell-out they should get Dave Matthews on the tour, don't know why, but the man sells out venues, I can't stand the guy, but it would be interesting.

And as for all the people bitching about how much they paid for tickets, I paid $10 for a lawn seat, could have got upgraded for $20 at the show, but I prefer the lawn, room to move around if need be.  And free parking this year, it's a value you can not beat!
DarkOzzy23

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2010, 05:58:13 pm »

$500 eh?
You must not remember 2004..Black Sabbath/Judas Priest/Slayer
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2010, 10:32:43 pm »

oh i love the second dream list better. more bands i love, but the tix prices would be so high to get all those major acts together.
on another note ive heard that there is gonna be a tour edition of scream commin out oct 5th with new tracks and some vid. anybody else hear that?
I saw a link to that on the home page.  doesn't surprise me.  black rain came out in two different versions; one was a quick release in cardboard packaging and later it came out all nice in a jewel box with cover art and lyrics

btw, had to pull out the microscope to read the lyrics on Scream.  not the magnifying glass.  the MICROSCOPE!
I know I need new glasses, but damn!

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2010, 11:03:33 pm »

the link also refers to a four sided vinyl (two discs or one with a double cut on each side?)

man I love vinyl

f_darkbladeus
Community

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2010, 11:17:43 pm »

I wish they would change up from all metal to a mix. Vegoose was alot of fun. You could get your freak out with every kind of music under the sun. I'm not one dimensional in my musical tastes, that concert packed people in for two days, and was really fun.

----

I don't at all find it "telling" or "indicative" or "leading" or whatever that Ozzy played songs he already recorded in his solo career.

Despite being a Sabbath fan for a long time, since 1976 actually, only of the original lineup (as they said themselves is the only real Sabbath in "The Last Supper"), my preference of which vehicle I see Ozzy in is not slanted towards Sabbath. Both bands are opposite sides of the same coin. If they can put something out up to the standard of Ozzy's solo music and not something as gay as what they did in 2001...more on the lines of say 1973? I say "BRING IT ON." Otherwise, regardless of how real and true my love is for the band that changed my life in 1976, I am not going to stand with my lighter raised and eyes dreamy for a song that sucks, no matter that they are that big in my mind. It just doesn't translate.

I would not be upset if Sabbath were NOT a major focus for Ozzy, but a background project. Why? Because I would love to see another album done with Clufetos, Gus G, Blasko, and Wakeman. They're hot. I think they really suit Ozzy. They are just amazing together and I want to hear what they can do in the studio from ground zero creating with Ozzy!

By the way? Last year on Ozzy's fansite Ozzy.com we had quite a lively discussion about what songs everyone wanted to hear. Changing up the setlist to suit long-time fans (and not just pander to those who knew only Ozzy's hits) was a big request. Specific requests were for No Rest for the Wicked's "Fire in the Sky" and Ultimate Sin's "Shot in the Dark & Killer of Giants."

Here is the breakdown of Ozzy's set list San Bernadino.

=  Ozzy tune (count=11)
Roll Eyes = from Speak of the Devil (count=3)
Cool = Sabbath tune (count=1, instrumental)

1. Bark at the Moon [Bark at the Moon/Jake E Lee]
  2. Let Me Hear You Scream [Scream/Gus G]
  3. Mr. Crowley [Blizzard of Ozz/Randy Rhoads]
  4. I Don't Know [Blizzard of Ozz/Randy Rhoads]
Roll Eyes  5. Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover) [Speak of the Devil/Brad Gillis]
  6. Shot in the Dark [The Ultimate Sin/Jake E Lee]
  7. Road to Nowhere [No More Tears/Zakk Wylde]
  8. Suicide Solution [Blizzard of Ozz/Randy Rhoads]
Roll Eyes  9. Iron Man (Black Sabbath cover) [Speak of the Devil/Brad Gillis]
 10. Killer of Giants [The Ultimate Sin/Jake E Lee]
Cool 11. Rat Salad (Black Sabbath cover) [Sabbath]
 12. Fire in the Sky [No Rest For the Wicked/Zakk Wylde]
 13. I Don't Want to Change the World [No More Tears/Zakk Wylde-Lemmy]
Roll Eyes 14. Paranoid (Black Sabbath cover) [Speak of the Devil/Brad Gillis]

Encore:
 15. Crazy Train [Blizzard of Ozz/Randy Rhoads]

Songs 4, 11, 12 on the Speak of the Devil album are 5, 9, and 14 on his setlist. So the only song he'd not already done as part of his solo career was the instrumental, which I think perfectly accentuated Gus and Tommy showing their shit, don't you?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 06:34:43 pm by f_darkbladeus » Logged

---
I'll believe it the day Ozzy sings a real love song. ::animatedlaugh
breejack
Community

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 31, 2010, 05:05:15 pm »

My husband, son, daughter and I had a great time in Mansfield! We are lucky enough to live in Northern Maine to make the drive and well worth it yet again! Thank you Ozzfest!
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 01:39:52 pm »

the link also refers to a four sided vinyl (two discs or one with a double cut on each side?)

man I love vinyl

I can't wait to get the vinyl version!!!
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 03, 2010, 06:13:27 pm »

I got a few of Ozzy on vinyl, but I still dont have a player  Angry, does any on know of any good ones out there?
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 03, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »

there's some good USB turntables on the market now, especially if you want to convert them to digital media.
Crosley also has some good tables, some in combo machines that also play CDs or cassettes, and some that also record onto CDR.  I want one of those to save some stuff I have on cassettes.

JudasMaidenSabbath

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2010, 09:07:32 pm »

Hoping for Ozzfest 2011 Lineup

Main Stage

Black Sabbath and/or Ozzy
Judas Priest
Testament
Machine Head
As i Lay Dying
High on Fire
Murderdolls

Second  Stage
SOULFLY
Trivium
Chimaira
Mushroomhead

Rotating Stage
Kingdom of Sorrow
Suicide Silence
Unearth
3 Inches of Blood
Winds of Plague

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 09:03:44 pm by JudasMaidenSabbath » Logged

::finger
JyGoRn_AuKsRyTe
Queefing In A Funky Fishstick Sausagefest!!!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2010, 01:16:04 am »

I got a few of Ozzy on vinyl, but I still dont have a player  Angry, does any on know of any good ones out there?

Just Goto "Best Buy" It's Not RLY All That Hard To Sift Through Them & If You Actually Like The Genre,
Then The Correct Albums Will Call To You & You Should Find It In No-Time! VIVA....OZZFEST 2011!!!

(Please Return To Raleigh, NC......Must Love 80's & 90's Hair Metal, Then Play Plenty Of Rock Ballads!)

Mantooth

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2010, 05:40:10 am »

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain. Grin
Smegollum
Community

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2010, 12:47:58 pm »

the suspense is killing my softly. im guessing theres at least seven more months to go? Sad
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2010, 03:56:58 pm »

the suspense is killing my softly. im guessing theres at least seven more months to go? Sad

Hopefully not 7 months but definitely a couple more minutes.....
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: