HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So this town FINALLY got a rock station worth listening to!!!  (Read 1836 times)
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:45:06 pm »

Ive been working nights all week and the station is awsome. I had completely given up on radio lately, the classic rock station played the same old shit, so I just stuck with XM or my Ipod. Last night was Ozzy, Pantera, Danzig, Dio, Maiden, Metallica, Megadeth, etc, etc, etc, . All was well untill they had the nerve to play.............. Limpbizkut  Angry. Talk about fckn somebodys night up. We'll see If they can redeem themselves tonight  Grin Angry Cool  
Deathblooms
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:02:27 pm »

probably stole my radio station   Sad

just switched to hip-hop earlier this week

::c_stare
MsCeeAngel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 11:22:52 pm »

I just turn the channel if it sucks!

~MsCeeAngel~  XD ::finger
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 10:56:59 am »

I bet your Classic Rock Station isn't as bad as mine, only bands they play are Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Crowes, Led Zepplin, and Guns N Roses.

TortureQueen
Laughing while u Cry
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 01:37:15 pm »

I bet your Classic Rock Station isn't as bad as mine, only bands they play are Stevie Ray Vaughan, Black Crowes, Led Zepplin, and Guns N Roses.
what station are you listen too that is limited that severly? Undecided

Tiger479
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 06:28:29 pm »

Just found out the classic rock station changed its format, now they play classic rock and other weird shit  Undecided, oh well I guess they couldnt compete 
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 08:06:49 pm »

I left our local classic rock channel on all day last weekend, doing some heavy housework and couldn't change the channels easily.  every hour rotated;  Aerosmith, AC/DC, Ozzy, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Led Zepplin, the Who and then occasionally slipped in Deep Purple or Black Sabbath or another heavy-hitter.  but this was on an hourly basis and rarely strayed from this pattern.  as much as I love all those bands, it was starting to get boring.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Deathblooms
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 08:57:23 pm »

We just lost our last modern rock station (not that I care that much, it was horrible.)  We have a station that plays mainly older rock with some new stuff thrown in, so that is my last resort if I have to listen to the radio.  Honestly most times of the day I'd rather just listen to ESPN radio. 

I pretty much gave up on terrestrial radio a long time ago, been listening to either Sirius or my ipod.  Terrestrial radio has been shit for a long time now.

::c_stare
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2010, 06:44:09 pm »

93.7 Austin, it is bad, I would rather stream 101.3 from Corpus Christi, they never seem like their playlist is limited and you never hear songs twice within 6 hours.

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2010, 03:09:31 am »

jack fm in my town played my recording on my birfday

"thanks alot jak.  you go me singin and dancing along with the music and now the people in the other cars are pointing and laughing at me.  way to go"

but they play some good classics.  not great but coool.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
TortureQueen
Laughing while u Cry
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2010, 08:03:03 am »

93.7 Austin, it is bad, I would rather stream 101.3 from Corpus Christi, they never seem like their playlist is limited and you never hear songs twice within 6 hours.
oh yeah i know 93.7 when i'm in austin its the only thing there to listen too basically so in go the cds most times. i grew up listening to c101.3 outta corpus, they do a good job with thier list still i'm never disappointed in them when i head back home to see family or hit the beach.  you should see about streaming the station up here they are good also - fox 107.3

stevenstrong
bcuz im evil.
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2010, 08:45:02 am »

brown stain FM live from a scatt covered toilet near you.

Tiger479
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2010, 04:49:34 pm »

Now that this new rock station is in town, the old classic rock station is trying to steal some ratings by giving away some Ozzy tickets. This damn computer at work wont let me on the web-site so I'll have to enter when I get home later  Shocked
Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 10:30:25 am »

the only good station near me is a classic rock station which isn't TERRIBLE but sometimes i just have to scratch my head.  The good stuff they play are Godsmack, AC/DC, Metallica, Black Sabbath, Ozzy, Dio, Guns N Roses, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zepplin, Twisted Sister, Alice Cooper, etc.  One other great thing about that station is they have 'Nights with Alice Cooper' on saturday nights, or sometimes friday nights from like 7 PM - Midnight.  Alice is the host and plays whatever he wants.  whenever alice talks it sounds like hes dying lol.

Tiger479
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2010, 12:27:14 pm »

The contest was BS, you had to listen to the radio station all day long and answer questions about music they played. Another way to steal ratings  Angry Oh well I guess I'll have to buy them  Sad
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: