1. So, tell us a little about your experience on this year's Ozzfest tour?
A: It was the most fun we've ever had on tour.
2. I read you guys are writing material for a new album, can you give us any idea what to expect?
A: Well, we only have a song and a half so far, so it's hard to say. I suppose you can expect it to be more aggressive and unrelenting.
3. What are your favorite songs to play live?
A: My favorite song to play live is probably either Black Santa or Fixation On Plastics.
4. How do you prepare for a show?
A: I'll usually stretch and warm up by playing through some of the harder parts of the set. Sometimes I'll listen to music that gets me psyched up like Enslaved or some other Viking metal.
5. Name the most bizarre things you have ever eaten.
A: Maybe crayons during my week of endurance.
6. Who would you credit as your main inspiration/s for your musical style?
A: Probably Suffocation, Death, Immolation and Cynic.
7. If you could tour with any band of your choice who would it be? Why?
A: If you mean any band that we haven't toured with, then my pick is either Cibo Matto (if they got back together) or The Cardigans. I want to tour with these bands because they are both incredible, but it would never work because our styles are too different.
8. How much interaction would you say you have with your fans during a show?
A: Quite a bit. We'll talk to people in the middle of our set sometimes about absurd things.
9. Any plans to return for next years Ozzfest?
A: We'd love to, but you can't play Ozzfest two years in a row(with exceptions of course).
10.How much liquor would it take to get you guys to have your tits painted at the Titty Painting booth? Ha! (assuming they have a booth next year)
A: We were actually going to get painted for a set one day, but it didn't end up happening. We're really obnoxious, it doesn't take any liquor for us to act like assholes!
Board member Q's
11. AsceticGhostPriest writes:
When I saw The Red Chord on tour w/Throwdown, A Dozen Furies, and Still Remains they made some nasty comments about Still Remains by calling them "Still Complains"....I guess I would ask if there was any bad blood between the bands or if they were just playing to their fans?
A: There is definitely NO bad blood. We love those guys!! Check out a video of Greg rapping with the Still Remains guys on the re-release of our record, Clients.
12. JuuKun writes:
Who was your favorite band on this year's Ozzfest?
A: My personal favorite was probably Strapping Young Lad because they are so devastating. But there were so many crushing bands this year.
13. FirstOzzyFan writes:
would they allow full access for the Ozzboard photographer to get behind the scenes Pix? The ideal location would be somewhere on the east coast, greater NYC area. (or Philly)
A: I love double tart. Maybe, that's a question more suited for an Ozzfest organizer.
14. It Died Yesterday writes:
when are they coming to Syracuse again?
A: We don't know what the final dates on the Gwar tour are yet, but there may be a Syracuse show. Otherwise, we'll most likely be back early next year.
15. AphroditesChild writes: Having lived in Boston myself many long years ago I'd have to ask, what part of Beantown do you come from?
A: With all the lineup changes we've had, we're actually pretty scattered at this point. Guy and I are from the north shore, Greg's from the south shore, Jon's from New Hampshire and Brad is living in central MA.
16. AphroditesChild writes: What older bands did you listen to while growing up?
A: The first metal bands I got into when I was young were Metallica, Testament, Slayer, Kreator, and a lot of other thrash bands. However, my first record ever was Skid Row.
Thanks so much for the interview, gentlemen. Keep up the good work
The Red Chord Myspace http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=4228693
The Red Chord Website: http://www.theredchord.com/
The Red Chord Photos