HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 1370 times)
MDMA

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2010, 05:49:50 pm »

new here, just read a few topics bout to read more but i just want to spread around a band that has some great tunes.

Eluvietie, wouldnt mind seeing them getting more fans but still have them on the downlow.

Also in the other thread you posted Epica, that would be great. Though the classics like acdc, motorhead, iron maiden, black sabbath are all amazing and owe much respect to them, we need newer bands to get their 15 mins. not have the classics take up the whole mainstage.

But anyhow check eluvietie. Hail and cheers till Ofest!
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2010, 08:13:35 pm »

very familiar with Eluveitie. Great band but not everyones cup of tea. I love them though and have seen them live

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MDMA

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

yeah i understand not everyones cup of tea.

but how where they live? i would love to see them and old nightwish Sad

good to hear a face is familiar with eluvieite
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2010, 09:04:15 pm »

Am I the only person who gets pissed whenever somebody comes in here JUST to promote thier band?

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 10:59:34 pm »

Hey anything is better than spam or Ask Doc Spock and his myriad of other personalities harping on
ChickenFucker
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 11:41:15 am »

I kinda doubt it's the guy from Eluveitie trying to promote his band on here. Eluveitie has a pretty big following in Europe and they have at least 3 studio albums out

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
MDMA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 01:11:15 pm »

Im not from eluvietie geez dude im from iowa. No where close. Also why so hostile? Were all
metalheads here...
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 02:50:58 pm »

Obviously you don't come here that often.

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 04:02:32 pm »

Am I the only person who gets pissed whenever somebody comes in here JUST to promote thier band?

You shouldn't get pissed when people come here to discuss music (even if it is their band). That is what this site is for....
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 05:29:37 pm »

Im not from eluvietie geez dude im from iowa. No where close. Also why so hostile? Were all
metalheads here...
You are in the wrong place bro, this place is a breeding ground for trolls, I would suggest going to Metal Archives if you want to discuss metal, but if you just now found Elluviette then I don't know how far you will get there.

Mantooth
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2010, 06:26:57 pm »

You called to complain yesterday? That's our policy, it's written on the side of our trucks. Double your garbage back if you're not satisfied. Grin
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2010, 06:30:09 pm »

new here, just read a few topics bout to read more but i just want to spread around a band that has some great tunes.

Eluvietie, wouldnt mind seeing them getting more fans but still have them on the downlow.

Also in the other thread you posted Epica, that would be great. Though the classics like acdc, motorhead, iron maiden, black sabbath are all amazing and owe much respect to them, we need newer bands to get their 15 mins. not have the classics take up the whole mainstage.

But anyhow check eluvietie. Hail and cheers till Ofest!
WELCOME!! to the Ozzfest message board...
Nice to see a new member here that has a legitimate wholesome agenda.
Anyway..I have heard of the band you speaketh of...although I have not heard them.
I will search for them on the net and give a listen at your behest....
However if I dont like what I hear I`ll be upfront and honest about it at least.
Then.....I will either thank you for the recommendation or I will be looking for those precious moments of my life back...
In which case someone or something....somewhere......will have to pay.
Maybe even a small furry innocent creature with cute glassy eyes that has a soft wet pink nose and no ability whatsoever to fight back....
And the gruesome horrifying outcome will be all your fault.......so...I hope this is a fucking great band.

Thank you.....and have a lovely day.

(just kidding except for the welcome  part...)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:32:02 pm by FIRSTOZZYFAN » Logged

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »

this is what Pandora has to say about them  -  I'm waiting for them to come up on the playlist before I judge them. . . .

Swiss folk-metal band Eluveitie incorporate folk instrumentation such as hurdy-gurdy, flute, and pipes into an otherwise traditional death metal style, also adding a pagan element channeled through lyrics in the Gaulish language (a dead language in the Celtic family that predated Latin throughout Western Europe). The band is comprised of Chrigel Glanzmann (vocals), Ivo Henzi (guitar), Siméon Koch (guitar), Rafi Kirder (bass), Anna Murphy (hurdy-gurdy), Meri Tadic (violin), Sevan Kirder (whistles, flute, gaita), and Merlin Sutter (drums). Formed in 2002 by vocalist Chrigel Glanzmann (formerly of the bands Môr Cylch and Dornwald), the band began as a one-off studio project resulting in the self-financed EP Vên in 2003. The EP was well received in the underground metal community, and so Glanzmann and company decided to carry the Eluveitie project forward, becoming a genuine band.

In 2004 Eluveitie made their live performance debut and signed a recording contract with the Dutch label Fear Dark Records, which released an updated version of the Vên EP. In 2005 the band toured with fellow Fear Dark bands Slechtvalk, Random Eyes, and Pantokrator and made plans to release their debut album, recording it at the end of the year. Released in 2006 on Fear Dark, Spirit marks the band's full-length debut. In support of the album, Eluveitie toured Europe with the German band Odroerir, including a co-headlining performance at the 2006 Fear Dark festivals and also a performance at the 2007 Ragnarök Festival in Germany. In late 2007 Eluveitie signed a recording contract with the German label Nuclear Blast, one of the genre's premier musical outlets, and released their second full-length album, Slania, in 2008. The album became a Top 40 hit on the Swiss albums chart. ~ Jason Birchmeier, Rovi
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 11:38:44 pm by AlpineValleyGirl » Logged

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 01:32:14 am »

Eluveitie
3 Inches of Blood
Holy Grail
System Divide

2/1 Philadelphia, PA @ Theatre of Living Arts
2/2 New York, NY @ The Gramercy Theater
2/3 Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
2/4 Quebec City, QC @ Cercle
2/5 Montreal, QC @ Le National
2/6 Toronto, ON @ The Opera House
2/8 Chicago, IL @ The Bottom Lounge
2/9 St. Paul, MN @ Station 4
2/10 Lawrence, KS @ Granada Theater
2/11 Denver, CO @ Marquis Theater
2/12 Salt Lake City, UT @ Club Sound
2/14 Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
2/15 Vancouver, BC @ Rickshaw Theatre
2/16 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theatre
2/17 San Francisco, CA @ Slims
2/18 Hollywood, CA @ The Key Club
2/19 Mesa, AZ @ Nile Theater
2/21 San Antonio, TX @ Backstage Live
2/22 Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
2/24 St. Petersburg, FL @ State Theatre
2/25 Orlando, FL @ Firestone Live
2/26 Atlanta, GA @ The Masquerade
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2010, 03:20:38 am »

metalheads here...

Don't worry about Mr Crazy....he's just an angry man, protecting his turf like a tomcat
He thought you were a spammer with one post, never to be seen again
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: