HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: College "professor" was "alarmed" by Mayhemfest reference yet missed the obvious  (Read 3128 times)
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2011, 10:04:33 am »

***** If you look on the net you can probably find it in a video clip, but during the coverage of that tragic attack by a disturbed unstable terrorist in Arizona, I had heard a college professor from the alleged killer say it right out loud in the interview he thought the reference to Mayhemfest was a "threat" right away( and took it to the authorities)...he also admitted he did not know what Mayhemfest even was....this kind of mishandling a disturbed person would surely send him right over the edge....all these people knew the obvious but did not act,...yet his "professor" was alarmed about Mayhemfest....listen to the interview if you can find it ,...his tone and cluelessness are what should alarm kids who just like metal and are just good kids. Its the new wave of blame metal...in other coverage they cite the dude listened to drowning pool.....*****    Yup Yup....it wasnt the maniac...it was the music.....yup yup....derrr derrrr

Sheriff: 'Entire Neighborhood' Knew Jared Loughner Was Troubled
From Neighbors to Classmates to a Professor, Many Saw Disturbing Signs in Alleged Shooter

By PIERRE THOMAS, MEG CHUCHMACH, LEE FERRAN

After more than 48 hours of gathering evidence and conducting extensive interviews, authorities said today it was clear that many people knew Jared Lee Loughner was troubled before he allegedly killed six people and injured 14 others in an apparent assassination attempt on Arizona Rep. Gabrielle Giffords.

Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik, whose office has been investigating Saturday's deadly shooting along with the FBI and other agencies, said that Loughner "has probably been troubled for some time."

"I don't think there is any doubt about that at all," he said. "I think the entire neighborhood where they lived was aware."

Dupnick also said Loughner came from a somewhat dysfunctional family. One neighbor said he got the impression something was wrong with the young man the first time he met him two months ago.

"I told my mother I thought he was a serial killer the first time I saw him," neighbor Jason Johnson told ABC News.

One college professor of Loughner's told ABC News the 22-year-old exhibited such bizarre behavior -- from random outbursts in class to scribbling disturbing notes on quizzes and tests -- that he feared for the other students' lives.

"There was one outburst when he just yelled, 'How can you deny math?'" Pima Community College mathematics professor Ben McGahee said. On a quiz, McGahee said Loughner wrote "Mayhem Fest" in large, bolded, capitol letters.

"I took that to mean mayhem, being craziness in the classroom... predicting a shooting. I don't want to be another Columbine or Virginia Tech," McGahee said, referring to two of the deadliest school shootings in U.S. history.

McGahee said "at least half a dozen" students came to him to express concern over Loughner, including multiple students that said they feared for their safety.

Arizona shooter Jared Loughner had an "evil smile on his face like The Joker from Batman", his college math teacher told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive new interview Monday.

Ben McGahee -- who taught Loughner at Pima Community College last summer -- believed that the 22-year-old was high on drugs in his class and represented a threat to his other students.

McGahee was so alarmed about Loughner's behavior that he alerted the college Dean and counselors when he discovered that Loughner had scribbled the words "Mayhem Fest"on one of his math tests.

McGahee told RadarOnline.com: “Jared was not right. He clearly had mental issues and that really worried me and the rest of my students.

“He used to sit in my class with an evil smile on his face like The Joker from Batman and was totally unresponsive.

“It was as if he was high on drugs. He would sit there with a very red face just listening to his iPod and would make these strange mutterings every so often.

“He had originally enrolled in an eight week class around June of last year at a cost of around $150 to gain some extra credits.

“The class would run from a Monday through to Thursday for just under three hours and we had around a dozen students.

“Right from the start there was just something not right about the guy and we even had campus security notified just in case.

“When I discovered that he had written "Mayhem Fest" on one the test papers along with some weird drawings, I decided to inform the college Dean and  counselors.

“The decision was taken to remove him from our class. He probably only lasted around three weeks. He was also banned from being on the campus too.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Loughner killed six people and injured 14 others in the parking lot of Tucson supermarket when he tried to assassinate Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. She remains hospitalized in intensive care in a medically-induced coma.

The six people dead in the wake of the desert massacre are U.S. District Judge John Roll, 63; 9-year-old Christina Taylor Green, who was born on 9/11, Giffords' aide Gabe Zimmerman, 30; Dorothy Morris, 76; Dorwin Stoddard, 76; and Phyllis Schneck, 79.

McGahee was actually teaching when news broke of the horrific shooting spree, and he immediately telephoned his wife to find-out the details.

He added: “I like most people was shocked to hear about the shooting, but when I heard that Jared Loughner was responsible, I was not surprised at all.

“He was a deeply disturbed young man who had serious issues and he was the type of person who would commit this kind of horrific crime.

“Loughner had been at our college since 2005 and had taken philosophy and computer classes and had done well in philosophy apparently.

“But he was unemployed away from college and had few friends and was a real loner. Both myself and my students were relieved when he was removed from our class.

“This shooting was a total tragedy, but this kid had a lot of problems which erupted in the worst possible way.”

*R.I.P to the victims and if you know something about  a local maniac in your area speak up! *

minime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 01:48:24 pm »

wow.........

dont know what to say......its a sick world we live in ...

one that really hits me hard was the Christna Taylor....that   little Angel

had her entire life in front of her ...crying shame such a young and wonderful

person was taken  from her family so very young...

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 04:29:36 pm »

So if he had written "Symphony of Destruction" across his text books then that would have been sufficient evidence to suggest he was about to go on a shooting rampage?
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 10:05:34 am »

I, can see they're going to try and link Heavy Metal music to what this idot has done
minime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 05:31:10 pm »

I, can see they're going to try and link Heavy Metal music to what this idot has done

been the same ole story as long as I can remember...from Judas Priest to Ozzy ......

people are always point the blame somewheres else .....Music has Always been the easyest

and fastest scape goat for the close minded people of this world.....these kinda of people  need

to take a long look in the Mirror and not to be so Quick to judge a person for they type music they listen

too ...

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 09:41:52 pm »

Metal will never really be the scapegoat for things like this anymore.  Conservative talk radio and pundits are always what everyone blames for everything.  ANytime something happens,  People like Glenn beck and Sarah palin are always blamed.  It's a crock of shit. 
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 09:54:13 pm »

That would be funny if metal took the blame for this, since Mayhemfest isn't even a metal concert.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 12:09:18 am »

They've had a few metal bands (Slayer, Mushroomhead, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, Machine Head).  But this guy was just a druggie.

PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2011, 12:38:27 pm »

They've had a few metal bands (Slayer, Mushroomhead, Behemoth, Cannibal Corpse, Hatebreed, Machine Head).  But this guy was just a druggie.
Mushroomhead and Hatebreed are not metal.  The only metal bands to be on Mayhem are Dragonforce, Mastodon, Machinehead, Underoath(their first two albums), Black Tide, The Red Chord, Slayer, Killswitch Engage(their early stuff), Trivium, All That Remains, God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Job For A Cowboy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Lamb Of God, 3 Inches Of Blood, Chimeara, Shadows Fall, and Winds Of Plague.  The problem is over 3/4 of those bands are god awful and shouldn't be called metal.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2011, 01:08:33 pm »

I don't understand how you can say ozzfest is a metal concert but mayhemfest isn't.  At least 90% of every mayhemfest lineup consists of bands that have played ozzfest before. 
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2011, 01:13:32 pm »

Mushroomhead and Hatebreed are not metal.  The only metal bands to be on Mayhem are Dragonforce, Mastodon, Machinehead, Underoath(their first two albums), Black Tide, The Red Chord, Slayer, Killswitch Engage(their early stuff), Trivium, All That Remains, God Forbid, Cannibal Corpse, Behemoth, Job For A Cowboy, The Black Dahlia Murder, Whitechapel, Lamb Of God, 3 Inches Of Blood, Chimeara, Shadows Fall, and Winds Of Plague.  The problem is over 3/4 of those bands are god awful and shouldn't be called metal.
KSE and ATR haven't been metal for years.  Shadows Fall, Chimiara, and White Chapel are core.  3iob, DragonForce, Black Tide, and TBDM are just shitty.  You fail.

PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2011, 10:54:59 pm »

KSE and ATR haven't been metal for years.  Shadows Fall, Chimiara, and White Chapel are core.  3iob, DragonForce, Black Tide, and TBDM are just shitty.  You fail.
I never said I liked any of those bands, in fact the only ones I do like are Mastodon and 3 Inches Of Blood.

Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:58:10 pm »

I wonder how he got accepted into a college in the first place with writing "Mayhem Fest" and stuff on his tests.

and how can you say metalcore, nu metal, and deathcore are not metal?  just because you dont like those sub genres doesn't mean they aren't metal.  2 of 'em even have the word "metal" in the damn name lol.  metalcore is a mix of HEAVY METAL and hardcore, deathcore is a mix of DEATH METAL, and METALCORE.  and whether you like it or not nu metal is in fact metal.  just because they aren't one of the original forms of metal doesn't mean they aren't metal.

The_post_modern_sadist
Sadistic asshole, poet and madman
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 03:24:25 am »

I wonder how he got accepted into a college in the first place with writing "Mayhem Fest" and stuff on his tests.

and how can you say metalcore, nu metal, and deathcore are not metal?  just because you dont like those sub genres doesn't mean they aren't metal.  2 of 'em even have the word "metal" in the damn name lol.  metalcore is a mix of HEAVY METAL and hardcore, deathcore is a mix of DEATH METAL, and METALCORE.  and whether you like it or not nu metal is in fact metal.  just because they aren't one of the original forms of metal doesn't mean they aren't metal.
nu metal is just a term created by the record companies. it's not actually metal imo, just hard rock with some rap influences. just because the guitars are distorted, it doesn't mean it's metal. and thats fine. I like some hard rock. I also think alot of bands labeled nu metal just got the label because they were around when the crap bands came out. like Godsmack, I have heard them called Nu Metal but they're pretty much a hard rock band imo.  I think metalcore can be considered metal though, even if it can be extremely generic.

PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 12:04:56 pm »

Technically he was in a Community College.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: