HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bible Pushers protesting ozzfest...  (Read 1456 times)
addict420

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2011, 12:35:05 pm »

Why do these god-loving lunatics even try? I was first in line for the ozzfest last year and this guy showed up holding a sign with some BS written on it, and he was preaching to everyone how we are all going to burn in the lake of fire. If i believed in religion, I'd want to go to hell anyway. I don't think you can smoke pot and drink Jager in heaven... These guys are wasting their time.
WakeOfAshes
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 02:33:27 pm »

I disagree with your comments. Assuming that the OT/NT are true and the Christian God does exist, the essence of the bible doesn't really stress that much importance on drugs/alcohol. I would imagine if you could do that stuff in the afterlife, I see no reason it couldn't be done in heaven.

People who are into religion seem to put a lot of importance on really insignificant parts of the bible. If one reads the whole thing and then steps back and reflects on its essence, it is very clear what the purpose was. I think it is most likely summed up when Christ was asked about the 10 commandments. What is the most important of the commandments? Love the lord your God. What is the second most important? Love your neighbor. What is the third? All the others are equal. So bringing this back to the drug talk.... Not doing drugs isnt even a commandment. Yeah the bible mentioned it as being not desirable, but really in the grand scale of things it is not all that important as long as you are doing #1 and #2. But really this notion of loving God is greater then just the commandments. It really is a very strong central theme though-out the entire bible. Anyways, it is a fascinating story and they did a decent job of keeping things consistent.

Really your problem is with the wack jobs that have really no clue on what they believe. They are followers and have difficulties forming their own opinions. Oh and as for me.... I don't believe in an afterlife. I think the whole concept is a little silly and was contrived to give people something to hope for. I guess it works for some people, but that just isnt the way I roll.
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 05:54:48 pm »

People protest metal music b/c its different and not mainsteam. They see it as evil just b/c of the way people dress and react to the music. Whats the fkn difference between this and some fanatics who go into a trance in the middle of a church b/c of what someone is saying.

They need to go protest rap concerts where all the talk about is: gluttony, envy, greed, and murder. Well then again I could fkn care less what they do in their spare time.

If they would just listen to some of the lyrics of some metal music, and not judge a book by it's cover there wouldn't be such a problem.

If you ask me being the underdog when it comes to the music I like is fine with me, they can waste their time if they want.

All I know is when I go to a concert they can GTF outta my way or get ran over  Grin     
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2011, 06:24:41 pm »

I used to keep a copy of the Necronomicon near the front door of my house
and when the Jehovah's Witnesses would ring my door bell and ask if I want to talk about the Lord
I ask them if they want to read THIS first    Cheesy

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
addict420

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 12:23:31 pm »

Good points guys, keep the opinions coming.
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2011, 05:24:01 pm »

I think the bible is the biggest load of crap in history.  The "virgin" Mary wasn't married when she conceived Jesus (they were real people).  2,000 years ago in Jerusalem, pre-marital sex was punishable by death.  700 years before that some guy propheted "the son of god" being born of the virgin.  Mary took that idea and came-up with the bullshit that "God" got her pregnant.  That's what you get when you "read between the lines".

FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2011, 05:26:57 pm »

There is an Ozzfest in Heaven....tickets arent on sale yet but you can win them in a special contest.
But first.....you have to fucking die.......nobody on this earth can prove otherwise.
see you there....... Cool

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2011, 07:04:55 pm »

10 years ago they were protesting as well. Check out this OzTV Episode from 2001 when they were fired up about Marilyn Manson being on Ozzfest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H72jRWSwal4
haywire

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 10:18:35 pm »

It's things like this that piss me off, I mean I have no problem with people believing what ever they want to but when they go out and tell people they'll go to hell for listening to music or attending a concert it's just stupid. I've been to many concerts and have yet to see protesters. If I ever did I'd likely run my mouth to them, doesn't it say in the bible "judge not lest thou be judged? I mean I go to Ozzfest to have fun not to sacrifice infants to Satan.
This reminds me of  years ago when I was waiting for my sister to get out of work and these bible thumpers came up to me telling me about the word of god and the church Etc. trying to get me to read this peace of paper with bible stuff on it they said " you could get in a car crash as you pull out of this parking lot and die   and you could go to hell if you don't except the word of god, worms will eat you from the inside etc.  I told them basicly to go away, I mean what kind of thing is that to say to a perfect stranger? I'd go to hell  and suffer just because I didn't read a peace of paper?
 I consider myself a good person,  I don't harm no one,  I don't attend church but you know what, things like this is a big part of why I shun religion. It's all about death and really control, believe what I believe or your "evil" .  basicly, I believe  if there where one powerful "god" wouldn't he program our minds to believe the same thing, worship the same way as they do? 
After they left my friend said "worms well at least I could go fishing."   one of the funnyest things I've ever heard.
but yeah these people suck.
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 10:35:26 pm »

I think the bible is the biggest load of crap in history.  The "virgin" Mary wasn't married when she conceived Jesus (they were real people).  2,000 years ago in Jerusalem, pre-marital sex was punishable by death.  700 years before that some guy propheted "the son of god" being born of the virgin.  Mary took that idea and came-up with the bullshit that "God" got her pregnant.  That's what you get when you "read between the lines".
the real story is even better;  Jesus was an alien baby

Mary's mother was visited by and "angel" who came down from the clouds and informed her she would bear a child without the sin of intercourse.  that is why Mary was called the Immaculate Conception.  but then Mary was also visited by an angel who did the same thing to her.  so when she had Jesus, he would be 3/4 alien & 1/4 human.

that is how they are bringing the Wooley Mammoth back to life - by splicing Mammoth DNA into an elephant's egg and producing 50/50 elephant/mammoths, then doing it again with the offspring.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
WakeOfAshes
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 09:28:34 am »

It's things like this that piss me off, I mean I have no problem with people believing what ever they want to but when they go out and tell people they'll go to hell for listening to music or attending a concert it's just stupid. I've been to many concerts and have yet to see protesters. If I ever did I'd likely run my mouth to them, doesn't it say in the bible "judge not lest thou be judged? I mean I go to Ozzfest to have fun not to sacrifice infants to Satan.
This reminds me of  years ago when I was waiting for my sister to get out of work and these bible thumpers came up to me telling me about the word of god and the church Etc. trying to get me to read this peace of paper with bible stuff on it they said " you could get in a car crash as you pull out of this parking lot and die   and you could go to hell if you don't except the word of god, worms will eat you from the inside etc.  I told them basicly to go away, I mean what kind of thing is that to say to a perfect stranger? I'd go to hell  and suffer just because I didn't read a peace of paper?
 I consider myself a good person,  I don't harm no one,  I don't attend church but you know what, things like this is a big part of why I shun religion. It's all about death and really control, believe what I believe or your "evil" .  basicly, I believe  if there where one powerful "god" wouldn't he program our minds to believe the same thing, worship the same way as they do? 
After they left my friend said "worms well at least I could go fishing."   one of the funnyest things I've ever heard.
but yeah these people suck.

The best defense is to read their documents, understand where they are coming from, and then use logic and reason to poke holes in their beliefs. Any person that is using the bible as propaganda against you clearly has missed the point of that document. I like to believe I have made many people Atheist from these sort of public debates. It is fun because with knowledge you can troll them, and then flip the rug out from under them and implant that seed of doubt. Doubt that they had repressed because they were so indoctrinated with the brain washing of the church leaders. Truth be told.... Not many "Christians" have actually read the bible nor have a firm grasp on its concepts. Really what is causing them to take up their protest sticks is the ramblings of some crazy church leader, and so that leaves those sheep prime for a biblical debate.

Although I do think the concept of religion is silly, I do love debates of almost any topic. I admit reading the bible for the sake of winning debates might be a little absurd, but it sure helped me formulate my own opinions about what I believe about existence.
MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2011, 08:27:56 am »

Who gives a fuck.
These fuckers have been doing this shit forever.
We pay no attention and why should we?

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2011, 04:32:27 pm »

Who gives a fuck.
These fuckers have been doing this shit forever.
We pay no attention and why should we?

That's exactly right.  Nobody should pay any attention to these people.  Anybody in this day and age that believes music is the root of evil loses any and all credibility and deserves no attention whatsoever!   They are either misguided or in desperate need of something more constructive to do with their time. They don't even deserve attention on this board.  This thread legitimizes these people! 
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2011, 07:53:25 pm »

Remember what Micheal Moore said.  "People are saying Marilyn Manson caused this because they need somebody to blame".  I don't know if that's exactly what he said, but it's close enough.  Granted, I wouldn't be upset if Marilyn Manson took a nose-dive off of Reunion Tower, but that message is true.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2011, 12:09:45 am »

Remember what Micheal Moore said.  "People are saying Marilyn Manson caused this because they need somebody to blame".  I don't know if that's exactly what he said, but it's close enough.  Granted, I wouldn't be upset if Marilyn Manson took a nose-dive off of Reunion Tower, but that message is true.

Blahhh you ruined your whole post by mentioning that radical far left blob of shit Micheal Moore. 
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: