HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set  (Read 4430 times)
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2011, 12:35:04 pm »

Diary of a Madman/Blizzard of Ozz 30th Anniversary Deluxe Box Set

We're kicking off the 30th anniversary celebration of two iconic Ozzy Osbourne albums! Check out the newly announced Blizzard of Oz & Diary of a Madman Deluxe Anniversary Edition box set available for pre-order now! http://myplay.me/4ua
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 04:27:36 pm »

(Blocked web page)  Angry *throws laptop* FKN at work server  Angry....

I'll have to wait till I get home  Roll Eyes
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 06:06:33 pm »

the DVD looks pretty sweet, along with the whole package

will we be able to buy the CD's separate from the package?
I hate to break up sets, like putting the CD in my car or a travel case

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 06:18:06 pm »

Yes, you can buy the two albums on their own but those will not come with all the extras in the box of course.

The vinyl of both Blizzard and Diary will be available on special 180 gram vinyl on Record Store Day as well, but the cd versions will come out on May 31st when the box is released.
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 06:32:18 pm »

Can't wait for the "unseen" footage.  Hopefully it really is stuff that I haven't seen.  I've followed Ozzy's career for a while and I've seen a lot of "unseen" footage that hasn't been released so hopefully I won't just throw my money away.  Then again, with Ozzy, it's not ever really throwing money away.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
axeman_12656

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2011, 10:19:14 pm »

Can't wait for the "unseen" footage.  Hopefully it really is stuff that I haven't seen.  I've followed Ozzy's career for a while and I've seen a lot of "unseen" footage that hasn't been released so hopefully I won't just throw my money away.  Then again, with Ozzy, it's not ever really throwing money away.

MattSabbath13 it is indeed UNSEEN Watch the clip.  People from Ozzy's camp had it at the Randy Rhoads Memorial back on March 19th.  Some of the Songs are that on the New York City video are:  Mr Crowley, Revalation Mother Earth, Crazy Train, Flying High Again, Steal Away The Night and No Bone Movies.    Thats a lot to be excited about.    There is also some Diary of a Madman tour footage from Albuquerque, New Mexico. 
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:19 pm »

You also get to watch Ozzy watch some of the never before seen footage for the first time ever on the box set dvd. Ozzy was filmed watching the NYC Palladium for the 1st time ever in his bunker. You  get to watch Ozzy watch the footage in the main content of the dvd and you also get to watch the footage straight without anyone talking over it or cutting into it on the bonus material of the dvd in the box.
axeman_12656

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2011, 09:35:25 am »

Wizard.... Do you know what the date is on the Ozzy Live CD?
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2011, 10:13:40 pm »

You also get to watch Ozzy watch some of the never before seen footage for the first time ever on the box set dvd. Ozzy was filmed watching the NYC Palladium for the 1st time ever in his bunker. You  get to watch Ozzy watch the footage in the main content of the dvd and you also get to watch the footage straight without anyone talking over it or cutting into it on the bonus material of the dvd in the box.

Yeah I saw that a little after I posted, my post jumped the gun a little lol.  I have quite the collection of uh . . . somewhat legally obtained footage and rare stuff, but it's going to be great to see some of this footage of Randy and Ozz back in the day.  I was hoping they would release more songs.  From what I had heard a long time ago in an interview there were 22 complete songs with Randy.  That's 9 with Blizzard, 8 with Diary.  Add in You Looking at Me Looking at You, You Said it All and an Untitled instrumental I have, that leaves 2 complete songs that are supposedly out there.  I guess Ozz might be holding those close to his heart or something, unless this interview was mistaken.  I'm only going by memory.  This was an interview with Ozzy around the time of either the 15th or 20th anniversary of Randy's death.  I have never been able to find that interview again.

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 12:55:38 pm »

Wizard.... Do you know what the date is on the Ozzy Live CD?

There is not one specific date. It was recorded on the Blizzard of Ozz Tour
Tiger479
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 08:15:02 pm »

Let the countdown begin  Grin... I'll have to pre-order, trying to get one the day of is going to be hell  Angry Grin Roll Eyes
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 06:11:46 pm »

ONE MORE SLEEP!!!

going to the nearest record store bright and early tomorrow!

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Tiger479
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 09:40:22 pm »

Mine's in the mail. I'll hope it shows up tomorrow!!!!  Roll Eyes
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2011, 09:32:27 am »

10:30am still no Box set. damn!  I'm like a damn school boy again anticipating this thing haha.  I just can't wait to watch the Palladium footage.  I never got to see Randy in action, I just have the cd's of Tribute and a few bootlegs.  I made the mistake of buying a bootleg VHS back in 99 and it was very poor quality.  It was the Montreal show (which I also have on a better quality cd).  Very bad.  Never make that mistake again.

axeman_12656

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 02:46:43 pm »

I made the mistake of buying a bootleg VHS back in 99 and it was very poor quality.  It was the Montreal show (which I also have on a better quality cd).  Very bad.  Never make that mistake again.

bootleg VHS of Randy in Montreal?...  either you have something really really rare or that is mislabeled.  what songs are on it?  I bet its actually the NYC Palladium set 2 that has been around forever now.  That bootleg is rough but its I DON'T KNOW, CRAZY TRAIN and half of BELIEVER.  Looking forward to your reply mattSabbath
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: