HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest 2011 line up leaked???  (Read 8553 times)
KyleD

View Profile
« on: April 07, 2011, 02:23:55 am »

ok i heard from sources that ozzfest will run from August 20th to September 18th and will be an 15 date tour
and here is the line up i heard

MAIN STAGE:
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Slipknot
Cavalera Conspiracy
In This Moment

Second stage:
Cradle Of Filth
Anthrax
DevilDriver
Exodus
(rotating slots)
Times of Grace
Firewind
Cancer Bats
Holy Grail
Dirge Within
Volbeat
Baptized in Blood
HuhHuh??

i really hope these rumors are true and i hope the extra mystery slot on the second stage goes to DIVINITY
MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 08:56:07 am »

ok i heard from sources that ozzfest will run from August 20th to September 18th and will be an 15 date tour

MAIN STAGE:
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Slipknot
Cavalera Conspiracy
In This Moment

Second stage:
Cradle Of Filth
Anthrax
DevilDriver
Exodus
(rotating slots)
Times of Grace
Firewind
Cancer Bats
Holy Grail
Dirge Within
Volbeat
Baptized in Blood
HuhHuh??

i really hope these rumors are true and i hope the extra mystery slot on the second stage goes to DIVINITY

ok i heard from sources?you say.

And who might that be?
I know my share of musicians out here and others that work in the music biz.

We just wait for the final word on it all.We might know a band or two some years before most and thats about  it !
You see,it has to come from a well known source or its all bullshit!

Any Names we might know??

KyleD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 01:02:21 pm »

well i have to keep my sources a secret all i can say i have two sources, one is the Main Sponser for the Second stage(but cant say who) also my older brothers band just got asked and by the sounds of it their label agreed to it, even though it cost them 45k...and im hoping Divinity will get on thats my best friends band, the line up and dates will be anounced next month, and im supose to keep my brothers band a secret, last time a band(bury your dead) jumped the gun about playing on ozzfest they almost got the axe for spilling the beans, you can believe me or not i dont care
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 04:01:48 pm »

I posted before that I thought it made sense that priest would be on it.  Priest has no dates up after 8/11 and they never play games and keep the fans waiting like ozzfest does, so it does kinda look like they're not allowed to announce anything till ozzfest does.  I can already see all the ridiculous posts that will come up on the priest board.  "I'm not sitting through all these shitty bands all day long waiting for priest to come on and watch a 40 minute set"   LOL     
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 04:16:10 pm »

If you're accurate with your lineup we'll applaud you
If you're way off the mark we'll mock you Smiley
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 06:28:38 pm »

I heard for Mainstage

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Slipknot
Killswitch Engage

And the second stage headliners were good old BLS.

Originally Megadeth was supposed to be slotted for mainstage but they chose Mayhem festival over Ozzfest.  Not a wise choice in my opinion but to each their own.  Always got respect for Dave Mustaine and Megadeth.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 07:18:29 pm »

I heard for Mainstage

Ozzy
Judas Priest
Anthrax
Slipknot
Killswitch Engage

And the second stage headliners were good old BLS.

Originally Megadeth was supposed to be slotted for mainstage but they chose Mayhem festival over Ozzfest.  Not a wise choice in my opinion but to each their own.  Always got respect for Dave Mustaine and Megadeth.

Why is that not a wise choice?   Say what you will about Mayhemfest, but it's a real tour.  Ozzfest is just a handful of dates.  Maybe a little more this year, but it still won't be a full summer tour. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2011, 07:28:11 pm »

From what I've seen Ozzfest has done a lot more for the metal community.  Ozzy on several occasions has rescued metal from certain extinction and I guess I'm kinda biased towards that.  I haven't been to a Mayhem fest yet (I will be going this year) but I know in Pittsburgh every year since it's come around Ozzfest has sold out ahead of time.  I can't account for the other cities but I know us Pittsburgh metalheads come out to support our metal.  I just thought Megadeth would have been better suited for Ozzfest than Mayhem fest.  That's all I'm saying.  But if Dave Mustaine feels that Mayhem fest is a better fit then more power to him. I hold no grudges.  I will always hold him in high regards.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2011, 08:00:16 pm »

I hear ya.  I just think they gotta go with a tour instead of the handful of dates. Personally I"m not a fan, but I think they'd be just as good of a fit for either tour since they use the same bands. 
Mushroomhead75

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 09:25:03 pm »

I heard that System of a Down was gonna be scheduled to play at Ozzfest 2011......
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:44:23 pm »

I heard that System of a Down was gonna be scheduled to play at Ozzfest 2011......

Don't say that.  Don't even think it    Grin
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2011, 11:43:14 pm »

Anthrax shouldn't be on the second stage.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 09:16:57 am »

The last time bands "jumped the gun" was in '08 and that was Rigor Mortis and Within Chaos.  Rigor mentioned they were playin' on myspace 3 months before the line-up was announced on here.  Within Chaos mentioned it on a metal website based out of DFW about 2 weeks before they were announced on here.  Sharon (who went to one of WC's shows to sign them and almost never got to see the show because of fans) never did a damn thing to any of them.  How do I know this you ask?  Travis Denham (drummer of WC and only original member from when they were called "Dirt" let me know) is a good friend of mine and when I read that post about BYD I called and asked.  Unfortunatly he never told me that he put me on the guest list for Ozzfest so I had to buy a ticket.  I do get on the list whenever he's in Tyler (DFW shows go to his girlfriend).  Also, Bruce Corbitt (Rigor Mortis/Warbeast vocalist) told me the same damn thing.  He also put me on the guest list in Tyler because he didn't know anybody else.  Also, Cradle of Filth and Anthrax wouldn't be on the second stage and In This Moment will never play Ozzfest again.  Why, you ask.  Because no band has played Ozzfest after playing the rip-off (Mayhemfest).  You aren't the first person to say this and you won't be the last.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 09:36:43 am »

Also, Rigor Mortis is ALMOST finished recording a couple songs for label submissions and plan on havin' a bramd-new, full-length CD out by the end of this year.

hanssel_07

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2011, 01:19:07 am »

MAIN STAGE:
Ozzy Osbourne
Judas Priest
Slipknot
Cavalera Conspiracy
In This Moment

Second stage:
Cradle Of Filth
Anthrax
DevilDriver
Exodus
(rotating slots)
Times of Grace
Firewind
Cancer Bats
Holy Grail
Dirge Within
Volbeat
Baptized in Blood
HuhHuh??

sounds like a good lineup is this source pretty reliable cuz um im hearing system of a down by source i have um it sounds pretty accurate i did hear judas priest, ozzy, slipknot, n system of a down idk bout all the other bands, if u find out anything else man let me know
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: