HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one else have a feeling Ozzfest 2011 isn't happening?  (Read 5409 times)
kendylsmock

View Profile
« on: April 13, 2011, 09:19:08 am »

I mean it's already April 13th and there are no dates or even a line-up planned yet, I just wish they would announce the tour is off this year, so I can stop getting disappointed every week when I come to look at the line-up.
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 09:32:31 am »

I can't remember when the bands were announced last year but I know it was late March or early April and the tix weren't onsale til the end of May because I remember going on a big fishing trip and ordering my tickets from my phone on a boat in the middle of a lake half hung over yelling at the fish to bite.  I am a little nervous that Ozzfest 2011 won't happen but Ozzy has a big gap in his tourning schedule from June 23rd to august 4th then only has a couple dates after that for a few big European festivals including the big Wacken Festival in Germany.  I have heard rumors and know of one pretty accurate source saying there will be an Ozzfest from mid August into the end of September, but with nothing officially confirmed I'm not giving 100% faith in my source right now.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 12:35:31 pm »

Earlier you were sayin' it was confirmed, now you're no longer saying that it's confirmed.  Anybody else feel like this kid is FOS?

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 01:14:15 pm »

Earlier you were sayin' it was confirmed, now you're no longer saying that it's confirmed.  Anybody else feel like this kid is FOS?

If you're referring to me, show me where I said things were confirmed.  I never said anything official. I just know someone who told me things were in the works and where I said Megadeth chose Mayhem over Ozzfest in a post.  At this point the other bands that I "heard" and "might"  (sorry that you have to actually read and think about words) be on the bill are basically in negotiations and stuff like that.  There has been no commitment on how many days, locations, and such from the Ozzy/Sharon camp.  I'm only going by the person I know.  I don't want to get this friend of mine in trouble, and I know people will say how can people believe me if I can't reveal my source, but if you understood business and confidentiality you would know why I will not reveal much else.  Again for the slow crew, I never said there was anything definite in the works for an Ozzfest 2011.  I just have a good friend who says things are in the works but NOTHING OFFICIAL.  If the print needs to be larger let me know.  I will post larger next time.

IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 01:28:21 pm »

Didnt they say on the forums at the end of last year's tour See you at OZZFEST 2011?
MIDDLE_FINGER

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 03:42:21 pm »

Didnt they say on the forums at the end of last year's tour See you at OZZFEST 2011?

Yes indeed!
Its called wait like you know also.
As you can see people go wack about this shit.Funny stuff i say.

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 04:19:59 pm »

I can't remember when the bands were announced last year but I know it was late March or early April and the tix weren't onsale til the end of May because I remember going on a big fishing trip and ordering my tickets from my phone on a boat in the middle of a lake half hung over yelling at the fish to bite.  I am a little nervous that Ozzfest 2011 won't happen but Ozzy has a big gap in his tourning schedule from June 23rd to august 4th then only has a couple dates after that for a few big European festivals including the big Wacken Festival in Germany.  I have heard rumors and know of one pretty accurate source saying there will be an Ozzfest from mid August into the end of September, but with nothing officially confirmed I'm not giving 100% faith in my source right now.

A word of advice....don't yell at the fish
You might catch more
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2011, 05:38:01 pm »

A word of advice....don't yell at the fish
You might catch more

LOL yeah I know.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2011, 06:55:28 pm »

4-5 more weeks till the first ozzfest announcement.  Probably 5.  That's my guess. 
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2011, 09:04:27 pm »

Though it seems to me like they announced the bands in early May last year.  Also, after Ozzfest '08, Sharon said Ozzfest would come back as a full tour in '09 until January or whenever the hell they announced it.

PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2011, 10:11:23 am »

Anyone else think this thread is original and one of a kind? Roll Eyes

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2011, 03:01:29 pm »

It may not be original, but it's legitimate.  The fans are tired of their secrets. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2011, 04:16:03 pm by Jayman » Logged
PrimusSucks
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »

Ozzfest has always had late announcements, and the only reason this crap comes up every single year is because Mayhem announces everything 6 months in advance.

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2011, 05:34:40 pm »

Great marketing ploy to build up the tension, interest and excitement (and frustration and annoyance) I guess?
IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2011, 05:47:42 pm »

Ozzfest has always had late announcements, and the only reason this crap comes up every single year is because Mayhem announces everything 6 months in advance.

THANK YOU!!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: