HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any one else have a feeling Ozzfest 2011 isn't happening?  (Read 5196 times)
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2011, 06:55:15 pm »

Ozzfest has always had late announcements, and the only reason this crap comes up every single year is because Mayhem announces everything 6 months in advance.

That's a legitimate point, but in the past, you always knew that we were not only guaranteed an ozzfest, but we were guaranteed an ozzfest with 20-30 dates starting from the first week of july till the last week in august or first week in september.  Since 2008, you really can't take it for granted that there's even gonna be one at all.  So the curiosity and need for info is all the more legitimate.  The mayhemfest and every other summer festival just makes ozzfest look even worse than before with their little secrets and mysteries.  Ozzfest was also sort of the only game in town when it came to metalfests, but not anymore which is why their bullshit doesn't fly like it used to.  Ofcourse people were always pissed about the late info, but I"m just saying since 2008, people want to know at least if there's gonna be a fest at all. 
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2011, 07:24:54 pm »

Great marketing ploy to build up the tension, interest and excitement (and frustration and annoyance) I guess?

Either that or they're so fucking disorganized that they couldn't organise a piss-up in a brewery Smiley
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2011, 07:37:58 pm »

Ozzfest has always had late announcements, and the only reason this crap comes up every single year is because Mayhem announces everything 6 months in advance.

That's a legitimate point, but in the past, you always knew that we were not only guaranteed an ozzfest, but we were guaranteed an ozzfest with 20-30 dates starting from the first week of july till the last week in august or first week in september.  Since 2008, you really can't take it for granted that there's even gonna be one at all.  So the curiosity and need for info is all the more legitimate.  The mayhemfest and every other summer festival just makes ozzfest look even worse than before with their little secrets and mysteries.  Ozzfest was also sort of the only game in town when it came to metalfests, but not anymore which is why their bullshit doesn't fly like it used to.  Ofcourse people were always pissed about the late info, but I"m just saying since 2008, people want to know at least if there's gonna be a fest at all. 
You're talking all wrong.
It's the wrong tone.

You`re talking about my Ozzfest in the wrong tone.......   

Do it again, I'll stab you
in the face with a soldering iron.

Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2011, 07:51:47 pm »

On the bright side however once he has stabbed you, he'll throw you in an ambulance, patch you up and give you some great drugs to dull the pain
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2011, 08:49:21 pm »

You're talking all wrong.
It's the wrong tone.

You`re talking about my Ozzfest in the wrong tone.......   

Do it again, I'll stab you
in the face with a soldering iron.

Yeah but I always pay top dollar and I go to more than one show.  So that should earn me a lighter stabbing.  Maybe with a plastic fork instead of a soldering iron
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2011, 09:42:25 pm »

Thank you for pointing out the obvious.

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2011, 11:53:11 pm »

well, at least the Bands banner link on the top of the page
takes you back to 2011 BANDS COMING SOON!

I'm keeping a positive outlook.  and I check Alpine's site daily.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Skull And Crossbones
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2011, 01:49:13 pm »

if it happens its probably only gonna be 6 - 10 dates.  summer slaughter has announced their bands already and the mayhem fest tickets are onsale so i dont have high hopes for a full ozzfest tour this summer.

Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2011, 12:49:13 am »

Hey Mike welcome back
Back here for good or just passing thru?
Hows life at Vanilla?
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2011, 03:03:07 pm »

Only 1 more month till an announcement.  Patience guys.  What'd you expect them to make an announcement when they only have 98% of all the info?   Cheesy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 03:05:08 pm by Jayman » Logged
Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2011, 03:10:09 pm »

Already the traffic is starting to build up around here....
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2011, 04:22:56 pm »

When I think about it, Ozzfest probably WILL happen.  In 2009 when they cancelled it they made the announcement in January.  Though with Ozzy doin' 2 European festivals I'm sure it'll be only a handful of US shows and a few European shows.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2011, 08:24:01 pm »

Yeah that's true, but in '08 they waited till mid May to tell us it was just one show so I would not put it past them to pull a "got you suckers again!  Only one show in Alaska this year.   Ozzy needs a break!"
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2011, 10:39:05 pm »

I know of 3 European fests that Ozzy is doin' this summer (Hellfest, Wacken, Gras Pop [I think]).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: