HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Song Remains Not The Same  (Read 1932 times)
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« on: May 05, 2011, 08:54:05 am »

Anyone going to pick up or download Black Label Society's The Song Remains Not The Same on Tuesday May 10th?  I'm definitely interested in hearing the covers.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 06:47:09 pm »

BLS rules!   I didn't hear about that album though.  I'm not a big fan of covers.  Looking forward to their show.  June 4th I'm going
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 10:12:48 pm »

Nice!  I didn't see a pittsburgh date.  Hopefully they pop in town soon.  I rarely miss BLS.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2011, 05:40:23 pm »

Yeah there really does seem to be a lack of dates out in that direction.  Nothing for PA.  Not even for Philly.  They'll probably add a whole bunch more dates.  This will be the longest set I've seen them play.  I've seen them 12 times, but those were all ozzfests so it was never a full set.  30 minute sets, 40 minute sets, etc..  you know how that goes. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2011, 12:54:41 pm »

I got to see them in Pittsburgh for all the Ozzfests of course, 2 club shows and this past october they actually got booked for a pretty decent sized venue called the trib media ampitheatre.  It holds like 2500-3000 people.  They are just awesome live, they always bring a ton of energy, Zakk shreds like a maniac.  Nick Cantense is actually from Pittsburgh, he grew up pretty close to where I grew up.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2011, 02:44:18 pm »

They played at a 3000 seater?  Wow.  I"m seeing them at a small place that probably holds less than 500.  That's gonna be tight
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 08:32:26 am »

It's a general admin floor.  and I'd say it's more like 2500.  Might even be less than that.  I'm a terrible estimater.  I did pick up The Song Remains Not the Same yesterday and it's pretty good.  For his acoustic stuff it's ok.  His Sabbath cover of Junior's Eyes is really good and the acoustic Overlord is really cool.

LOKISrevenge
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 12:26:47 pm »

I got to see them in Pittsburgh for all the Ozzfests of course, 2 club shows and this past october they actually got booked for a pretty decent sized venue called the trib media ampitheatre.  It holds like 2500-3000 people.  They are just awesome live, they always bring a ton of energy, Zakk shreds like a maniac.  Nick Cantense is actually from Pittsburgh, he grew up pretty close to where I grew up.
GREAT show at the amphitheatre...clutch and C.O.B. Were killer  also...hope they have some good ones there this summer

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: