HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exposed Music Festival 6/24-25  (Read 684 times)
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« on: June 14, 2011, 08:22:07 pm »

At the Rail Club in Ft Worth, Tx.  The tour used to be Slave to the Metal, but now, as you can see, it's Exposed Music Festival.  I did a little bit of the booking for 6/24 but none 6/25.  All bands playing the show are selling tickets.  You can probably find out who's playing on the Rail Club's website (www.therailclub.com) but I haven't looked in a while so I don't know if they've posted the bands yet.  Also, Dan and I are currently looking for 2 more bands because some of them cancelled TODAY (didn't think they could sell enough tickets) so if ya'll know anybody from around here that thinks they'd like to do this and can sell a quick 25 tickets (or just come-up with $250) let me know.

Anyways, the tickets are $10 ADV and $12 DOS.  Tickets are good for BOTH days.  Doors are gonna be @ 6 and show's gonna start @ 7.

6/24:
American Ritual
Rise Above Chaos
Redemption By Cutting Fists
Scars of Mourning
Embrace The Embers
Goat Piss
Project Darkless
In Search Of Sight
Splatta Fish
Frausun
Resurrect (just added today)

6/25:
Diotrephus
Truth in Silence
Beta Complex
Bonnie Blue
Future on Fire
Nowhere Near the End
12 Gauge Warning
Sylo
Yesterday Never Came
Final Level
Waking Alice
Pain Filled Silent

I'll eventually get a flyer up here.

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 09:11:43 pm »

Pay To Play?

do the bands make any money after you break even?
or do you encourage them to sell merchandise?

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 06:19:02 am »

I only booked one band on there.  This isn't my show.  I'm only helping him find bands that wanna play this show.  I didn't book the tour to go there.  Dan Janssen did.  If you've got a bitch about the way this show is being run you've gotta take it to him.  Also, you do NOT pay attention to any of the local bands in your area.  Whenever they open for a national band, the locals are REQUIRED to sell tickets by the band's BOOKING AGENT.  If one local doesn't wanna go sell tickets to a show then the agent will find somebody that will or no local band will be opening that show.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 06:24:58 am by Crazy_eyes » Logged

LOKISrevenge
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 12:00:15 pm »

I only booked one band on there.  This isn't my show.  I'm only helping him find bands that wanna play this show.  I didn't book the tour to go there.  Dan Janssen did.  If you've got a bitch about the way this show is being run you've gotta take it to him.  Also, you do NOT pay attention to any of the local bands in your area.  Whenever they open for a national band, the locals are REQUIRED to sell tickets by the band's BOOKING AGENT.  If one local doesn't wanna go sell tickets to a show then the agent will find somebody that will or no local band will be opening that show.
  HMMMMMMM never thought about it .. but yeah occasionally I've got tics from local bands opening for national acts.Usaully save a buck or 2 that way....I never realized they were obligated

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 04:23:30 pm »

HMMMMMMM never thought about it .. but yeah occasionally I've got tics from local bands opening for national acts.Usaully save a buck or 2 that way....I never realized they were obligated
Yep.  Booking agent requires them to 'work' for the privaledge of opening a national tour just like booking agents require bands/labels pay them to open for whatever tour they're booking.  Bands don't like to sell tickets, I know this because I'm friends w/ a lot of the bands that have to sell 'em.  The only reason they do it is so they can get the exposure of opening for a national.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: