HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Ozzfest 2011  (Read 10301 times)
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2011, 07:22:35 pm »

And what he cant do both? Hes done a lot harder things. And its kind of hard to attend a concert when your unemployed. I saved up so much money to have it get cancelled. I have every right to be pissed.

No he actually cannot do both. That's the problem or he would be. So you are mad you have money saved up and are unemployed. Didn't Ozzy actually just help you out? Now you have some money in your pocket. You could continue adding to that savings and get a VIP Package for Ozzfest 2012 and meet Ozzy and let him know how he burned you by playing his home turf this summer.

Did you go to the Scream tour?
kissfan77
All American American
Community

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »

saving my money and doin  a meet n greet I hear Ozzy really great in person... Cool Cool Cool

IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 07:31:03 pm »

I ment I was unemployed during the Scream tour. And my Dad took me to Vegas. And we left by the time he came around to Vegas. And who knows if I will still have that thousand bucks bye 2012 with the way this economy is going. OZZFEST means alot to me and have this thrown at me....It f*****g SUX!!!
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2011, 07:39:53 pm »

ya know, I passed up shows in Grand Rapids, Detroit and Moline on the last tour
because I didn't want to drive that far in the dead of winter to see Ozzy on a weekday
and that's the closest he got to Chicagoland.  I'm not a happy tailgater (as in Alpine's parking lot)

with Ozzy in such good physical shape lately, I don't blame him for wanting to do
the European summer concert festival season.  and I wouldn't blame him if he went
into hiding for a month after the tour is over.

I'm trying to give the guy a break, he's been on tour for a year and a half.
  yeah, I'm pissed too, but don't kill the messenger.

Cry

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Tiger479
Stranger in an even stranger land
Community

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2011, 07:49:34 pm »

I guess with the new album the UK would be deserving this summer since he rarely tours there. Alot of people are butt-hurt but they'll get over it.

Stay healthy Ozz. See you in 2012  Roll Eyes
IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2011, 08:02:20 pm »

Oh Please hes not going anywhere. He survived addiction, a 4 wheeler accident, and everything else he went through out the 80s. You cant kill him.....still pissed off. I am so not getting the re-issue of his albums. As I said I dont want to say F U but....Im just very dissapointed. Cant he do it late summer like Uproar?
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2011, 08:47:54 pm »

At first when I read the news I was pissed off like Ibanez here, but hey, Ozzy is 62 and will be 63 at years end.  He has not only carried the flag for metal he sewed and stitched the mofo with Sabbath.  Let's take what Wizard said and save our money maybe and do the grand old meet and greet next year.  I was planning on doing the lesser VIP this year with my buds.  Now this gives us a whole year to save a grand a piece to have perhaps one last chance to meet the greatest ambassador to heavy metal and to enjoy a day full of great music.  I'm sure Ozzy won't let us down next year.  He will finish out Europe, rest up and come out strong in 2012.  You guys have to know that his time is very limited now, and we should all enjoy it while it lasts.  Who will be there to carry the flag when Ozzy's done, Metallica?  Good luck with that.  Charge $135 bucks for a nose bleed seat for the big 4.  Ozzfest has 3-4 times as many bands and is usually about that price for center stage pit depending on the venue.  Let's not forget how fan friendly the Osbourne's really are.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2011, 09:27:23 pm »

We'll still be here

been here threw thick and thin ....
I am not goin anywhere's...
this place is my home...been here too long
to give up on this fourm.

Ditto.....No Ozzfest dont mean no Ozzfans......we will be here....OZZY is doin what he wants and thats what I want...( actually it`s more like what Sharon wants...hehehehe)
I dont think I`ll be going to the European Union this year......dont they BURN AMERICANS ALIVE there?
Too many foreigners there...it`s FOREIGN.
Oh wait a minute...I`d be the foreigner there.
I`ll just relax at home basking in the glory of the UBL Kill........( stretches,...sips a cold one....) Ahhhhhhhhh

IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2011, 10:19:54 pm »

I have deffended ozzfest through some of the baddest times and now my ozzy/ozzfest fan meter has dropped to about less then half. I deffended ozzfest with Bruce Dickensons BS. When System Of A Down played ( I still do when it comes to that. I mean that was just wrong). Through the bad reviews of the freefest line up. The 1 day festival in 08. And even the first cancelation in 09. Hell even when they cancelled West Palm Beach FL OZZFEST in 04 because of the hurricanes (I lived there at the time) And ever since the VIP Package was launched I have been screwed out of it 1 way or another. And to finally have that ONE THOUSAND BUCKS (The most money I have ever had to my name) finally saved up for this 1 grand event. Then to have it pulled away from you FUCKING SUX!!! And in these tough economic times who knows if I will need that $1000 for an emergancy. As I said before I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PISSED!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:31:07 am by Wizard_of_Ozz » Logged
metal_god666

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2011, 11:40:26 pm »

my only real problem with this is that they waited sooooo long to inform the fans ozzfest wasn't going to happen. That is utter bullshit! I highly doubt that the the ozzy campy just decided in the last few days that ozzfest would be a no go
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2011, 08:03:55 am »

my only real problem with this is that they waited sooooo long to inform the fans ozzfest wasn't going to happen. That is utter bullshit! I highly doubt that the the ozzy campy just decided in the last few days that ozzfest would be a no go

Yes that is my only disappointment that they didn't tell us sooner.  I put a lot of my money aside to go VIP with some of my friends for Ozzfest all while missing out on maybe a trip to New York for the big 4 or even getting a very affordable Mayhem fest ticket.  In some cities Mayhem tickets are still available but I'd have to travel.  big 4 is charging $135 for an upper deck seat.  That's pretty greedy and you know Metallica is the main one behind that.  Kind of wish they were more like Sharon and Ozz.  Ozzfests play to crowds of lesser numbers and they charge about that price for a main stage pit ticket.  Man I'm really gonna miss Ozzfest this year.  Let's hope they make 2012 a really great lineup!

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
LOKISrevenge
Community

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2011, 09:45:18 am »

I knew it...I knew it was real late for an announcement. Oh well I'm not gonna miss a beat!!! My summer is all ready filled with a lot of good shows.I need to rob a bank just to keep up!!!!   It's funny but I usaully catch all the bands touring big fests on one offs  anyhow. \m/(><)\m/
As for this board I be stickin around and postin some great pics from killer shows....AS ALWAYS....PEACE

SantaBarbaraJohn
Community

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2011, 01:09:40 pm »

Can't say it's a surprise that Ozzfest was cancelled this year. I saw him at the Gibson in February and the show was awesome.  Actually, the pattern is pretty much repeated from the Black Rain tour.  No Ozzfest is a drag, but it's cool that Ozzy's out as much as he is.  I got to meet him and got a tattoo when he did the Scream signing at Amoeba records last year.  I love Ozzy.  I'll see him again the next time.

« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 04:28:16 pm by SantaBarbaraJohn » Logged

Rocksinsb
pack1pres
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2011, 09:33:45 pm »

You guys had it coming. THANKS ALOT FOR LETTING US DOWN!!!! I HAVE EVERY RIGHT TO BE PISSED OFF!!!!

So Ozzy being an artist from the UK has no right to tour Europe and play the festivals over there? He's  fucked you over to play concerts where he is from? It definitely sucks that there is not an Ozzfest this summer but he never plays Europe in the summer so has he been fucking those fans over all these years? He'll be back for Ozzfest 2012 and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy an Ozzfest then. Ozzy did just do an entire US tour so everyone had the chance to see him this last year on his Scream tour.
It just does not make sence that he tells us that the reason for not doing OZZFEST is because he did a different tour.  Why wouldn't he have skipped the regular tour and do the OZZFEST.  OZZFEST is the bigger badder tour.  Bring OZZFEST to Europe and make it a world tour... his only tour should be OZZFEST!  I would go to an OZZFEST any time of the year and go miles and miles away because it is BADASS and I get to see a bunch of bands.  Every year I brought a busload of people hundreds of miles to see this fest and experience this greatness. But his regular tour often doesn't come close enough and be a big enough event to me to be worth my while. Playing an OZZFEST makes it an experience that people love to go to for so many reasons and to me it seams like the ones in charge are not thinking of the opportunity they have to make OZZFEST outlive OZZY and carry on his name forever! He started something special that was a ritual for thousands of people at each venue and that ritual was OZZY and his fest!  It brought so many people together to celebrate all that is metal! It was like Christmas for some... like church for others and OZZY was our pastor! Ozzy once said he hasn't made his "Sgt. Pepper" album... but he created a tour greater than any band has ever created and letting it die is wrong! Anytime OZZY hits the stage ANYWHERE it should be an OZZFEST and it should have been the longest running world tour with a new line-up each year, with enough regular breaks to keep him happy and enough dates to keep the fans happy and coming back for more! One year I cried for Ozzy and his wife real tears as I prayed for her recovery from cancer along with thousands of other fans at OZZFEST in Alpine Valley.  I felt like we were all members of his family and wanted nothing more than for his family to get through it and really felt that we all helped him by being there that day.  This was a real moment for so many people and we all loved Ozzy for coming out to play for us as his wife was kicking cancers ass and I really thought NOTHING would ever stop OZZFETS!

dcoctavarium
Pumpkin Head # 1
Community

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2011, 09:52:51 pm »

Sucks there's no Ozzfest this year, but oh well I have faith we'll see Ozzfest in full tour power in the near future.
If it doesn't happen then I'm sticking around til the day they close the site.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: