HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Online Sales and Will-Call ONLY . . . .  (Read 4335 times)
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2011, 07:36:22 pm »

. . . .  is total bullshit.  and more and more shows are being sold this way
to prevent ticket scalping and control the number of people getting in to shows

BUT

it makes it impossible to purchase tickets for others or
transfer your ticket to another person if you are not able to go for whatever reason

I've always preferred buying physical tickets directly at the box office to
avoid paying extra fees and handling charges.
tickets went on sale for Jane's Addiction at Metro this last saturday and the server crashed

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2011, 09:05:20 am »

I usually buy my tickets online but I haven't encountered an online or will call only show over here in PA yet.  Maybe it's a venue by venue thing, or a state statute in your location to crack down on the scalping.  Scalping is legal here with certain parameters, you have to be a certain distance from the venue and you can't get caught selling a certain amount over the ticket price.  Sorry I don't know the exacts but I'm not in the scalping biz lol.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2011, 07:27:14 pm »

this is a link to the Consumer Reports version of the recent Ticketmaster settlement
I know this news is a couple days old but this one explains the rebate a little bit better
I was not aware that the rebate would be applied to FUTURE ticket purchases

http://news.consumerreports.org/electronics/2011/12/ticketmaster-to-settle-class-action-suit-over-processing-fees.html

Electronics

Ticketmaster to settle class-action suit over processing fees

Dec 5, 2011 1:20 PM

As part of its settlement of a class-action lawsuit that was filed eight years ago, Ticketmaster will make credits available to customers who bought tickets in the last 12 years. The lawsuit alleged that Ticketmaster's order-processing fees and UPS expedited delivery prices were both excessive and deceptive.

If you purchased tickets through Ticketmaster between October 21,1999, and October 19, 2011, you are eligible to participate in the settlement: A credit of $1.50 can be applied on 17 future Ticketmaster transactions and a $5 credit will be issued if you paid extra for expedited shipping through UPS, also applicable to 17 future transactions. Credit redemption comes with an expiration date (you have to use them within four years), and credits cannot be applied to tickets bought for events at venues owned or operated by AEG, a competitor of Ticketmaster's parent company, Live Nation.

Ticketmaster has set up a website where you can enter the e-mail addresses you originally used to buy tickets and get more information about details of the settlement.

A Ticketmaster spokesperson told CNNMoney that the company believes that the settlement is "fair, reasonable and adequate as a compromise of highly disputed claims."
In a statement, Ticketmaster also disputed that its descriptions of fees associated with the purchase of tickets were misleading.

The California court has set a hearing for final approval of the settlement for May 29, 2012.

According to the New York Times, Ticketmaster settled another class-action lawsuit in October, for $16.5 million. That suit began when two ticket buyers sued the company over the sale of tickets for a pair of Bruce Springsteen concerts in 2009.

Curt Schlesinger et al. v. Ticketmaster [ticketfeelitigation.com]
 Ticketmaster to settle service-fee lawsuit [CNNMoney]
Ticketmaster Offers Credits to Settle Lawsuit Over Fees [New York Times]

—Maggie Shader

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 05:48:09 pm »

this is a link to the Consumer Reports version of the recent Ticketmaster settlement
I know this news is a couple days old but this one explains the rebate a little bit better
I was not aware that the rebate would be applied to FUTURE ticket purchases

http://news.consumerreports.org/electronics/2011/12/ticketmaster-to-settle-class-action-suit-over-processing-fees.html

Electronics

Ticketmaster to settle class-action suit over processing fees

Dec 5, 2011 1:20 PM

As part of its settlement of a class-action lawsuit that was filed eight years ago, Ticketmaster will make credits available to customers who bought tickets in the last 12 years. The lawsuit alleged that Ticketmaster's order-processing fees and UPS expedited delivery prices were both excessive and deceptive.

If you purchased tickets through Ticketmaster between October 21,1999, and October 19, 2011, you are eligible to participate in the settlement: A credit of $1.50 can be applied on 17 future Ticketmaster transactions and a $5 credit will be issued if you paid extra for expedited shipping through UPS, also applicable to 17 future transactions. Credit redemption comes with an expiration date (you have to use them within four years), and credits cannot be applied to tickets bought for events at venues owned or operated by AEG, a competitor of Ticketmaster's parent company, Live Nation.

Ticketmaster has set up a website where you can enter the e-mail addresses you originally used to buy tickets and get more information about details of the settlement.

A Ticketmaster spokesperson told CNNMoney that the company believes that the settlement is "fair, reasonable and adequate as a compromise of highly disputed claims."
In a statement, Ticketmaster also disputed that its descriptions of fees associated with the purchase of tickets were misleading.

The California court has set a hearing for final approval of the settlement for May 29, 2012.

According to the New York Times, Ticketmaster settled another class-action lawsuit in October, for $16.5 million. That suit began when two ticket buyers sued the company over the sale of tickets for a pair of Bruce Springsteen concerts in 2009.

Curt Schlesinger et al. v. Ticketmaster [ticketfeelitigation.com]
 Ticketmaster to settle service-fee lawsuit [CNNMoney]
Ticketmaster Offers Credits to Settle Lawsuit Over Fees [New York Times]

—Maggie Shader

Cool!  I was not aware of this.  I just bought tickets to Gigantour and Roger Waters the Wall.  I think I may be able to get some money back.  I need bus fair/or gas money for Gigantour.  Thanks!

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 08:10:00 pm »

It's actually the best way to make sure tickets do not end up with scalpers and on ebay for a marked up cost.
ellis_dee93

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 03:50:31 pm »

Does anyone know what the deal is for international fans trying to buy tickets to the japanese ozzfest?

I've been to the website but obviously I don't know japanese... I'd really like a chance to buy my tickets honestly and not wind up extorted later on by some scalper.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: