HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which bands should be at the next Ozzfest?
Soundgarden - 2 (8%)
Faith No More - 5 (20%)
Alice in Chains - 7 (28%)
Staind - 4 (16%)
Fear Factory - 7 (28%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OZZFEST 2012 band ideas  (Read 36555 times)
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 02:09:57 pm »

none of them bands need to be on Ozzfest 2012,i wanna see bands that deserve to be on it more and not the same old mainstream bands.heres how it should be:
main stage
Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper
Morbid Angel
Pentagram
Incantation
High on FIre
Napalm Death
Crowbar

2nd stage
Brutal Truth
Origin
Orange Goblin
Graveyard
Nevermore
Marduk
Royal Thunder
Dreaming Dead
Not happening.  Majority of those bands (Pentagram, Morbid Angel, High on Fire, Incantation, Napalm Death) wouldn't be put on the main stage.  Why is it that people don't know how to do the running order on shows?  Am I the only person on here who has booked a show?

I'm with ya Crazy.  The big names always go on the main stage.  The average metalhead does not flock to see Morbid Angel, Pentagram, Napalm Death, etc.  It has to be a band that has actually had a platinum album or two.  The second stage is usually the rough crew of thrash, death, or even the occasional black metal band.  There's a business behind it.  You wouldn't have a MNF match between the Colts and Browns would you?  No, they both sucked this year and wouldn't be much of a draw.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
chad1986sc

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2012, 11:10:15 pm »

Here is my contribution to this, I threw it together kind of quick so it probably needs more bands and maybe more thought but its an attempt anyways

Main Stage:
Black Sabbath
Anthrax
The Dillinger Escape Plan
Unearth
White Chapel

Second Stage:
Kvelertak
Iwrestledabearonce
Ihsahn
Chelsea Grin
Nuclear

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2012, 03:02:45 am »

Soundgarden would be great.  I'm surprised I'm the only one that voted for them
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2012, 08:33:07 am »

Jay I like Soundgarden too but I like AIC better, that was my vote.  That would be cool to have Soundgarden and AIC, it would be a lighter Ozzfest than normal but I'd be down with it.  Both are hugely influenced by Sabbath.

DeathNoose

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2012, 12:52:30 pm »

I Dreamed a dream....

MAIN STAGE
Black Sabbath
Metallica
Opeth
Immortal
Ministry

2ND STAGE (Non Rotating)
Morbid Angel
Amon Amarth
Cannibal Corpse
Devin Townsend Project

2ND STAGE (Rotating)
Kamelot
Blind Gaurdian
In This Moment
High On Fire

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2012, 01:23:52 pm »

Jay I like Soundgarden too but I like AIC better, that was my vote.  That would be cool to have Soundgarden and AIC, it would be a lighter Ozzfest than normal but I'd be down with it.  Both are hugely influenced by Sabbath.

AIC would be a great pick as well.  I guess because I've never seen Soundgarden before, that would have more excitement for me.  Both bands would be great. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2012, 08:01:43 pm »

AIC would be a great pick as well.  I guess because I've never seen Soundgarden before, that would have more excitement for me.  Both bands would be great. 

Haven't seen either of them, would love to see both at some point.  Would have been great to see AIC with Layne tho.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2012, 08:36:33 pm »

I didn't see them till recently.  THe new guy was pretty awesome though
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2012, 08:41:06 pm »

I saw a performance of the newer AIC on Palladia.  Good stuff but I don't count that as me seeing them live ya know haha.

Darziel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 05:28:04 pm »

Ok.

Big festivals, such as Ozzfest, should strike a balance between young and old metalheads. Putting all 80's heavy metal bands won't strike a match with modern metal audience (who respects "metal originators" but doesn't necessarily likes to listen to them). On the other hand, festival composed of just modern metal bands won't satisfy old-school metalheads.

So, in order to have a huge crowd, they gotta invite a combination of old school/new school metal.

Anyways, my personal 2012 wish list doesn't include just my favorite bands; instead I wanna try to satisfy as many metalheads as possible (though, of course, with a lot of my personal taste Wink). It doesn't include bands that will be on this year's Mayhem for obvious reasons:

MAIN STAGE
Ozzy/Black Sabbath (gotta have the master that started this fest)
Lamb of God (I bet they're gonna have their own headlining tour though)
Megadeth (not a fan really, but again, gotta respect bands that our modern metal bands grew up listening to)
Moonspell (awesome gothic metal band)
Behemoth (I know they're doing tour in April, but there is a tiny chance; plus they're my favorite band lately)
Apocalyptica (little experimental, but might work)

SECOND STAGE
Rage Against the Machine (for hard rockers; they can really pump up the crowd)
Fear Factory (for everyone, really)
Amon Amarth (for viking metalheads)
Coal Chamber (I heard they're re-uniting; this would satisfy nu-metalheads)
Arkona (new-ish pagan metal band; getting more attention lately)
Bishop of Hexen (since, in my opinion, Dimmu Borgir and Cradle of Filth put out really shitty music lately, other extreme metal bands should take their place like this one)

JAGERMEISTER/THIRD STAGE
Combichrist (good aggrotech band; since Rammstein is doing their own thing)
Bleeding Through (band that should satisfy metalcore kids that is actually not bad)
Septic Flesh (gotta have some great death metal band on the list)
Tidfall (my personal wish; I know that they're not active but they still make some amazing symphonic/electronic black metal)
Kamelot (cool power metal, though I miss the old singer)
local band (gotta give chance to our local shredders)

I guess that's it. I don't wanna include too many hardcore/screamo bands. I believe Warped tour is a more proper place for them. Because of that, I know some will complain, but I really want Ozzfest to be more metal, as it was meant to be.

Cheers!
antimiddlefingertrol

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 06:07:49 pm »

none, ozzfest is dead
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 09:47:20 pm »

I think there should be a local band on there.  Ozzfest is known for bringing the lesser known bands out there, so why not bring the smallest of bands out there and give them their 15 minutes of fame?  Hell, for all I care, give them a 15 min spot opening the main stage so they can get some REAL exposure.

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 07:57:12 pm »

^ yes

bring back Battle for Ozzfest.  it was a good idea that would work again with a little tweeking.
putting a local band on each date would bring out their fans.  and it's a good way of throwing them
to the lions.  ya wanna be a rock and roll band?  prove it!

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 08:00:03 pm »

^ yes

bring back Battle for Ozzfest.  it was a good idea that would work again with a little tweeking.
putting a local band on each date would bring out their fans.  and it's a good way of throwing them
to the lions.  ya wanna be a rock and roll band?  prove it!

Yes!  Great idea!  I think fans would appreciate that as much as the bands themselves.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2012, 12:59:55 am »

Major bands need to give more credit to the locals.  Most of them were in that spot at some point when they were DYING to open for this national that might bring 200 people because that's the biggest band that will let them open.  I was talking to Eyal Levi (DAATH) @ Summer Slaughter in Ft Worth back in '07.  There were 3 stages being used.  To quote him, "I think that every band here could get some kind of contract with the right exposure".  Maybe playing Ozzfest would give them the right exposure.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: