HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which bands should be at the next Ozzfest?
Soundgarden - 2 (8%)
Faith No More - 5 (20%)
Alice in Chains - 7 (28%)
Staind - 4 (16%)
Fear Factory - 7 (28%)
Total Voters: 25

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OZZFEST 2012 band ideas  (Read 39544 times)
TheHierophant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 01, 2012, 03:30:57 am »

With some obvious exceptions, the past few OzzFests have been very... meh...
I think, with a break last year, it needs to go back to formula. I mean 2 proper stages, with Second Stage being for rising stars in the Metal/Rock World and Headlined by an established band that does well on an intimate stage (i.e. Rob Zombie, Slipknot, HIM).  The Main Stage needs to be revitalized.  I'd like to see the Headliners be Black Sabbath or Ozzy and supported by other great, established bands that have a history of incredible stage shows (again, Rob Zombie and Slipknot come to mind as perfect examples, as does Marilyn Manson).
The problem is, though, a lot of bands that would help to rejuvinate OzzFest are busy during the summer.  Rob Zombie has his "Lords of Salem" film coming, as well as a potential tour.  Slipknot and Slayer are busy with the Mayhem Tour.  Marilyn Manson will (most likely) be doing his own thing this summer to promote Born Villain.  Who does this leave?

Well, HIM is a favorite of Ozzy himself, and an obvious choice to headline Second Stage.  They could realistically have a spot on Main Stage, but they perform much better in the intimate settings that the Second Stage present.  They are working on a follow-up to Screamworks, so a summer tour to begin promotion for that is a very real possibility.

Guns N Roses is a clear choice to co-headline Main Stage.  As of right now, they have no summer plans, and with the HOF induction stirring-up rumors of a proper reunion, what better stage than OzzFest to re-introduce themselves to the Metal/Rock Community?

Judas Priest is another band that comes to mind.  Although they seem to have the early-summer planned out, OzzFest seems to begin later in the summer every year.

MSI is another incredible band that could easily headline Second Stage, or secure a spot on Main Stage.  They're always entertaining and have a very devout following. They do have a spring tour lined-up, but nothing for the summer... yet.

Linkin Park could easily grab a spot on Main Stage (if not co-headline).  With no new LPs released since 2010's A Thousand Suns, they seem like a stretch.  But, I think they've entered the part of their career where they could tour with the impressive library of tracks, and nobody would say boo about it.

What about Eminem?  Yeah, he's a rapper, I got that.  But he really would grab attention as a choice, wouldn't he? And, metal-heads seem to dig him (well, my metal-head friends).  He's a talented artist who has always seemed like a rock star in a rapper's world.  While he hasn't released anything since Recover in 2010, he's known for touring just because... well... he's Eminem.  I think it's a long-shot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is that OzzFest needs to be given the ever-popular "reboot."  Yes, traditional acts would suffice, they need to throw in some "left-fielders" to grab the attention of their waning audience.
pack1pres
Community

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2012, 12:55:48 pm »

Of the bands listed on the Vote Fait no More and Alice in Chains are both bands I have not seen so it would be ok, but I would expext the Vote to include some legitamate headliners/metal bands.  I say AC/DC

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2012, 11:20:49 am »

With some obvious exceptions, the past few OzzFests have been very... meh...
I think, with a break last year, it needs to go back to formula. I mean 2 proper stages, with Second Stage being for rising stars in the Metal/Rock World and Headlined by an established band that does well on an intimate stage (i.e. Rob Zombie, Slipknot, HIM).  The Main Stage needs to be revitalized.  I'd like to see the Headliners be Black Sabbath or Ozzy and supported by other great, established bands that have a history of incredible stage shows (again, Rob Zombie and Slipknot come to mind as perfect examples, as does Marilyn Manson).
The problem is, though, a lot of bands that would help to rejuvinate OzzFest are busy during the summer.  Rob Zombie has his "Lords of Salem" film coming, as well as a potential tour.  Slipknot and Slayer are busy with the Mayhem Tour.  Marilyn Manson will (most likely) be doing his own thing this summer to promote Born Villain.  Who does this leave?

Well, HIM is a favorite of Ozzy himself, and an obvious choice to headline Second Stage.  They could realistically have a spot on Main Stage, but they perform much better in the intimate settings that the Second Stage present.  They are working on a follow-up to Screamworks, so a summer tour to begin promotion for that is a very real possibility.

Guns N Roses is a clear choice to co-headline Main Stage.  As of right now, they have no summer plans, and with the HOF induction stirring-up rumors of a proper reunion, what better stage than OzzFest to re-introduce themselves to the Metal/Rock Community?

Judas Priest is another band that comes to mind.  Although they seem to have the early-summer planned out, OzzFest seems to begin later in the summer every year.

MSI is another incredible band that could easily headline Second Stage, or secure a spot on Main Stage.  They're always entertaining and have a very devout following. They do have a spring tour lined-up, but nothing for the summer... yet.

Linkin Park could easily grab a spot on Main Stage (if not co-headline).  With no new LPs released since 2010's A Thousand Suns, they seem like a stretch.  But, I think they've entered the part of their career where they could tour with the impressive library of tracks, and nobody would say boo about it.

What about Eminem?  Yeah, he's a rapper, I got that.  But he really would grab attention as a choice, wouldn't he? And, metal-heads seem to dig him (well, my metal-head friends).  He's a talented artist who has always seemed like a rock star in a rapper's world.  While he hasn't released anything since Recover in 2010, he's known for touring just because... well... he's Eminem.  I think it's a long-shot, but not out of the realm of possibility.

The point I guess I'm trying to make is that OzzFest needs to be given the ever-popular "reboot."  Yes, traditional acts would suffice, they need to throw in some "left-fielders" to grab the attention of their waning audience.
Leave.  Don't say anything.  Just LEAVE and never come back.

VinceKool666

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2012, 06:43:13 pm »

I see it like this greatest lineup:

Main stage:
Hed(Pe)
GWAR
Exodus
Lamb Of God
Electric Wizard
Crowbar
Black Sabbath

2nd stage:
Battlecross
Decapitated
Necrophagia
Morbid Angel
Napalm Death
Whitechapel
HUNGEROFTHEUNDEAD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 21, 2012, 10:37:56 pm »

Yeah, that's not even probable.  Morbid Angel will NEVER be direct support to Alice Cooper.  Regardless what tour it is.

Why not? They were direct support for Black Sabbath back in 93 or 94.  of course Morbid Angel still had balls then.

Where's the "OTHER" option in the poll for bands? I wouldnt want to see ANY of the bands listed.
How about actually having some speed, thrash and death metal bands for a change? OVERKILL anyone?
Spain242

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2012, 02:13:01 pm »

Main Stage:
Ozzy/Black Sabbath
AC/DC
Rob Zombie
Metallica
Korn
Mudvayne

Second Stage:
System of a Down
Slipknot
Primus
The Black Dahlia Murder
White Chapel
Acacia Strain
Black Label Society
Kingdom of Sorrow
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2012, 05:40:40 pm »

Once again, people have no idea how to arrange the line-up for a show.  Even if it's their dream show, they should at least make it believable.  Also, about Morbid Angel being direct support to Sabbath.  In '93 and '94, after all the originals left Sabbath, they had gotten a lot smaller, playing much smaller venues and having much smaller bands opening for them.

Lupin
Community

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2012, 06:00:52 pm »

Main Stage

Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper
Faith No More
Testament
Animals As Leaders

2nd stage:

Gwar (headlining)
Fear Factory        (non rotating)
Children of Bodom (non rotating)
Corrosion of Conformity (non rotating)

rotating bands:

Warbringer
Witchburn
Jungle Rot
Municipal Waste
Immolation
Skeletonwitch

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2012, 08:22:01 pm »

Main Stage

Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper
Faith No More
Testament
Animals As Leaders

2nd stage:

Gwar (headlining)
Fear Factory        (non rotating)
Children of Bodom (non rotating)
Corrosion of Conformity (non rotating)

rotating bands:

Warbringer
Witchburn
Jungle Rot
Municipal Waste
Immolation
Skeletonwitch
There is nothing wrong with being a Harry Potter fan for I am also a fan.  However, I'm going to FIX your line-up to how it actually would be done.

Main Stage
Black Sabbath
Alice Cooper
Faith No More
Children of Bodom
Testament

2nd Stage
GWAR
Fear Factory
Corrossion of Conformity
Skeletonwitch

Rotating
Warbringer
Witchburn
Jungle Rot
Municipal Waste
Immolation
Animals As Leaders.

Reecer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 08:46:37 pm »

Lamb of God
Slipknot
Soulfly
Tool
System of a Down
Bury Your Dead
Chevelle
Disturbed
Mudvayne

A pipe dream but still
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2012, 11:49:45 pm »

Lamb of God, Shitknot, and System of a Dick are all headlining tours this year (Shitknot on Mayhem).  Disturbed and Chevelle suck.  Mudvayne have been gay since that CD before The Game.  Soulfly are on or recently finished a US tour so that puts them out.  I don't know what Tool and Bury Your Dead are doing, but they'd be cool to see.

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:44 pm »

Lamb is going out in late August with Gojira and are in Europe/south america and Asia from now until mid august.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Camacho

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 29, 2012, 12:45:14 pm »

OZZZZFESTTT!!! COMME BACCK TOO LIFE!! We need Slipknot, Godsmack, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Five Finger death Punch!!!!
metalkid96

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2012, 10:38:43 am »

I would love to see
Megadeth
Children of bodom
A day to remember
Hatebreed
Slayer
Deftones
Korn
Five Finger Death Punch
Godsmack
Lamb Of God
antimiddlefingertrol

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2012, 10:27:38 pm »

Once again, people have no idea how to arrange the line-up for a show.  Even if it's their dream show, they should at least make it believable.  Also, about Morbid Angel being direct support to Sabbath.  In '93 and '94, after all the originals left Sabbath, they had gotten a lot smaller, playing much smaller venues and having much smaller bands opening for them.
you are a pompous faggot. leave. stfu and gtfo.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: