HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SLipknot on Mayhem!  (Read 2163 times)
Tallica247
Community

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:51:48 am »

SHould be fun!
 Grin
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 11:07:51 am »

Slipknot has been considered the headliner on all line-ups I've seen.  Supporting bands are unconfirmed.  I've seen Korn w/ 5FDP, Anthrax, ATR, and As I Lay Dying supporting and I've seen Slayer w/ Motorhead supporting.  There's nothing confirmed.

minime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:40:23 pm »

seen them on Ozzzfest  a few times and at the 08 Mayhem....Hopefully they will be better this time around .

we shall see come this summer.....

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 07:59:04 am »

I'm not a huge Slipknot fan but if some of those other bands that Crazy mentioned are there I think I may attend.  I guess Ozzfest will probably be a no go again this year.  I wonder what ever happened to the rumor of Sabbath with Megadeth Machine Head Testament Killswitch and a few others?  Guess it is what it is, just a rumor.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 01:29:14 pm »

Well it's obviously not gonna be KSE.  They're looking for a new vocalist.

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2012, 02:13:21 pm »

Yeah I heard about KSE letting Jones go. I met him in person back in 03 I think it was.  He was really cool and they had a great performance that year.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 07:04:37 pm »

I wish I could be as excited about Slipknot as everybody else seems to be. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:06 am »

Jay, Slipknot as the headliner would definitley not be something to look forward to.  If Crazy is right about some of the rumors I think Slayer or even Korn should be in the top slot.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2012, 09:44:00 am »

If Slipknot or Korn are on there then Slayer won't be headlining.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 03:35:23 am »

Jay, Slipknot as the headliner would definitley not be something to look forward to.  If Crazy is right about some of the rumors I think Slayer or even Korn should be in the top slot.

It's not that I dislike them, it's just that after being at a festival all day, it's kind of a challenge to make it to the end when the bands you like the least, are the ones playing last.  That tends to happen to me when I go to Mayhemfest.  I have to really fight the temptation of walking out early.  
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 03:38:39 am by Jayman » Logged
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2012, 10:18:16 pm »

Jay, Slipknot as the headliner would definitley not be something to look forward to.  If Crazy is right about some of the rumors I think Slayer or even Korn should be in the top slot.

It's not that I dislike them, it's just that after being at a festival all day, it's kind of a challenge to make it to the end when the bands you like the least, are the ones playing last.  That tends to happen to me when I go to Mayhemfest.  I have to really fight the temptation of walking out early.  

I hear ya.  I've never done Mayhem before.  Last year I wanted to go but I waited for the Ozzfest announcement and all the good tickets to Mayhem were taken.  I'm not a fan of lawn tickets in the middle of summer lol.  I can take the second stage til it's done but then to do that and then go to lawn, not my idea of a good time.

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2012, 11:20:31 am »

You are retarded.  Go take another reading class because you are obviously illiterate.  And, in case you don't know, illiterate doesn't necessarily mean that you CAN'T read.  It also means that you can't understand what you read.  I said those are line-ups that I've heard from other people.  I also said nothing has been confirmed.  This is not my line-up.  Though, if I did go, I'd like for Slipknot to headline so I could leave early.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2012, 03:11:40 pm »

Jay, Slipknot as the headliner would definitley not be something to look forward to.  If Crazy is right about some of the rumors I think Slayer or even Korn should be in the top slot.
and crazy eyes is never right, just look at his predictions last year or any year previous

It's not just his prediction.  It's every source out there that's predicting it.  It does look like it's gonna happen. 
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2012, 03:24:36 pm »

I hear ya.  I've never done Mayhem before.  Last year I wanted to go but I waited for the Ozzfest announcement and all the good tickets to Mayhem were taken.  I'm not a fan of lawn tickets in the middle of summer lol.  I can take the second stage til it's done but then to do that and then go to lawn, not my idea of a good time.

I do it every year.  To me, it's basically ozzfest without ozzy so it's always a good time.  The cheapest seats usually aren't much more than a lawn ticket so I usually go for the seats.  And they're not over 100 dollars like a lot of Ozzfests were.   The kids still love the nu metal, so it seems like they'll always stick with a nu metal band to headline unfortunately.  But I generally like the lineups.   
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 08:39:49 am »

I do it every year.  To me, it's basically ozzfest without ozzy so it's always a good time.  The cheapest seats usually aren't much more than a lawn ticket so I usually go for the seats.  And they're not over 100 dollars like a lot of Ozzfests were.   The kids still love the nu metal, so it seems like they'll always stick with a nu metal band to headline unfortunately.  But I generally like the lineups.   

Yeah I think in Pittsburgh it was about $60 for the back rows of the pavillion $75 for the front rows and roughly $90 for the pit.  It was reasonable but again I had my dough saved and ready for Ozzfest.  When mayhem went onsale the pavillion sold out within hours.  So few people and band managers realize how big of a metal town Pittsburgh really is.  We don't get a ton of metal shows (ex. no Gigantour) and I never understand why we get skipped.  Ozzfest sold out every year from 99-10 (97 and 98 were near sellouts as well) and many other metal acts coming through sell out whatever venue they are booked.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: