HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Van Halen  (Read 3888 times)
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2012, 08:00:20 am »

Tickets are on sale this weekend for the general public.  I know it's a risk like Guns N' Roses but I think I'm getting tickets.  I would hope that a group of guys in their 50's could get along and do this tour right.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2012, 03:14:47 am »

The tickets are going like hotcakes on the presale.  I'll be lucky if I'm able to snatch up a ticket.  Other cities it's no problem, but NY is selling like crazy.  Why is it a risk Matt?
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2012, 07:39:04 pm »

I think the risk is . . . will they still be together by then.   Roll Eyes

who wants to bet they end up in a fist fight on stage somewhere on this tour?

and . . . Kool and the Gang? . . . . KOOL AND THE GANG?!?     Shocked    Shocked    Shocked
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 07:43:44 pm by AlpineValleyGirl » Logged

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2012, 09:01:58 pm »

Yeah but if they cancel shows, everybody gets a refund.   No harm, no foul.  They made it through a huge tour in '07 so I don't see why they can't do it this time around.  They were incredible on the '07 tour!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 09:12:46 pm by Jayman » Logged
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2012, 10:22:03 pm »

I think the risk is . . . will they still be together by then.   Roll Eyes

who wants to bet they end up in a fist fight on stage somewhere on this tour?

and . . . Kool and the Gang? . . . . KOOL AND THE GANG?!?     Shocked    Shocked    Shocked

The risk is them possibly not getting along and not being together as Alpine mentioned.  And also Kool and the Gang is kind of a weird band to go along with them.  Oh well I'll still probably enjoy it.  I just hope all goes well until Pittsburgh, after that if it breaks up I won't care LOL

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2012, 03:40:33 pm »

I wouldn't worry.  They will make it through the tour and also a second leg.  Kool and the gang is an interesting choice for an opener to say the least.  You'd be hardpressed to find any Van Halen fans out there that like Kool and the Gang.  On the last tour they had some Raggae band opening.  Not too many people went in till just before Van Halen. 
I did just pick up a ticket for one show.  Tickets went so fast on the presale, it wouldn't even let me select 2 tickets, so I'll just have to go solo.  Either way, this calls for a C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-O-N! 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 08:46:44 am »

I wouldn't worry.  They will make it through the tour and also a second leg.  Kool and the gang is an interesting choice for an opener to say the least.  You'd be hardpressed to find any Van Halen fans out there that like Kool and the Gang.  On the last tour they had some Raggae band opening.  Not too many people went in till just before Van Halen. 
I did just pick up a ticket for one show.  Tickets went so fast on the presale, it wouldn't even let me select 2 tickets, so I'll just have to go solo.  Either way, this calls for a C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-I-O-N! 

Alright Jay I'll take your vote of confidence!  I'm pretty sure they will be ok, I mean there is always that though in the back of your mind but since they made it through recording sessions together it's more than likely they will be ok together.  I definitley will be excited to see them and in our new arena.  It will be the first concert I see there.  I'm there all the time for Pens games (season ticket holder). I might be one of the one's that takes his time getting to the venue, and maybe tailgating around 7:30-8ish, then roll in haha.  But then again why not see Kool and the Gang, if I don't like them so be it, I'm there for a kick ass Van Halen set!

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 07:33:05 pm »

okay, we blew off getting tix when they went on sale for a number of reasons. .  .

four tickets together in the lower balcony would be over $700
and tickets were still available an hour after they went on sale
if the show was not selling out that fast, it probably won't sell out before the show date

we were not given an opportunity to buy tickets for the April 1st show
I still don't know if they didn't go on sale right away or what and haven't checked back

not too gassed to see them, really.  the new stuff isn't that impressive.
we'll see how we feel closer to the dates of the shows.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 01:16:48 pm »

They're basically only playing 1 new song.  The second leg they'll do a few more.  I was lucky I was able to snatch up one ticket for myself.  I had to get a 96 dollar ticket.  Cheap seats were gone.  I was supposed to get tickets for other people but that wasn't possible.  Oh well.  Just have to get in on the second leg. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2012, 08:06:57 pm »

They're basically only playing 1 new song.  The second leg they'll do a few more.  I was lucky I was able to snatch up one ticket for myself.  I had to get a 96 dollar ticket.  Cheap seats were gone.  I was supposed to get tickets for other people but that wasn't possible.  Oh well.  Just have to get in on the second leg. 

Cheapest seats were only for the back three sections, the other sections in the upper bowl at the Consol in Pittsburgh were $90 a pop for first five rows and $65 a pop for the upper rows.  I got the $65 a pop tickets I'm pretty far away but I'll deal.  Next price was lower bowl well past $100 and floor I think was $170ish.  I'd do floor for Sabbath at that much not Halen.

I am going to see the Wall by myself so I feel ya on the solo date lol.  No one I know wanted to see the Wall performed.  I missed it last year, I was not going to miss it this time around.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2012, 08:31:10 pm »

Cool, glad you're not gonna miss this tour.  I think the '07 tour, I paid about the same price.  THe 60 something dollar tickets.  But as you know, it's not like it used to be.  Everybody used to try and get the best seat possible.  But now that tickets have gotten so expensive, everybody rushes to get the cheap seats and they're the first ones to get sold. 
Good to know I"m not the only one that goes to shows by myself.  I've done that more often than not over the years.  Otherwise I would've missed basically everything.  Friends either don't like the same bands, or they don't want to spend the money, etc... 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2012, 08:47:07 pm »

Jay it's like you're my twin sometimes haha preaching to the choir.  My friends as well either don't like the bands I like or too much money.  I don't mind going to shows by myself.  The one thing about us metalheads is, we're a lot friendlier than most people know.  I always get to chat it up with other fans whether I'm with friends or solo.  I went to a couple BLS shows by myself, I'm going to Gigantour in New York by myself and as I mentioned before I'll be going to see the Wall alone.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 04:27:11 pm »

Jay it's like you're my twin sometimes haha preaching to the choir.  My friends as well either don't like the bands I like or too much money.  I don't mind going to shows by myself.  The one thing about us metalheads is, we're a lot friendlier than most people know.  I always get to chat it up with other fans whether I'm with friends or solo.  I went to a couple BLS shows by myself, I'm going to Gigantour in New York by myself and as I mentioned before I'll be going to see the Wall alone.

Hell yeah!  Once I start drinking some beer and the music is going, I don't even care anymore who's with me.  ANd like you said,  I always end up bullshitting with people that are hangin out too.  Ofcourse it's always preferable to go with somebody.  But half the time I gotta deal with all the bullshit of laying out money for people, and people are always late, everybody's a picky eater so getting food becomes a hassle.  So sometimes it works out even better to not have to deal with any of that.  How was the gigantour show? 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2012, 08:09:58 am »

Sorry for the late response on this Jayman, but Gigantour in New York was awesome.  Volbeat I am not too crazy about but there was a good set from Lacuna, Motorhead and Megadeth.  I was a little disappointed in Megadeth only doing 13 songs but the set they did still rocked out.  Of course Dave had his little rants but Megadeth is so good when they are playing live.  I have the big 4 DVD and I actually think despite a smaller set than Metallica that Megadeth stole the show.  Megadeth is coming around again with Rob Zombie and when tickets go onsale I'm going again.  This time they are coming to my city so I don't have to spend a fortune going to New York.

HUNGEROFTHEUNDEAD

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2012, 10:56:51 pm »

I saw Halen 2x a couple yrs ago with this exact line up and they were AEWSOME!  No need to worry, they arent Axl Rose, Micahel Shenker or Blackie Lawless LOL

MattSabbath, you actually thought Megadeth's set was "good"Huh?  I blew it off because I thought it was AWFUL
and I cant stand volbeat or lacuna coil. Talk about a tour that needed better bands.

and for the record, the gigantour forum SUCKS!  I asked one simple question "Is anyone else getting tired of hearing Megadeth play the SAME songs on every tour?" and those pussies deleted it!   God forbid Dave reads that some one there isnt kissing his ass and worshipping every fart he makes on stage.  LAME LAME LAME
This is what I get for supporting him since 1985  Angry
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 11:02:27 pm by HUNGEROFTHEUNDEAD » Logged
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: