HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone official even confirmed that Ozzfest 2012 is still happening?  (Read 18975 times)
IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2012, 12:28:52 am »

Ministry was suppose to play OZZFEST in 2000 and they were gonna headline the second stage. BUT because they would be performing during the day time. They couldn't do their light show. So they dropped out and Soul Fly took their spot.
LOKISrevenge
Community

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2012, 10:34:49 am »

Ministry was suppose to play OZZFEST in 2000 and they were gonna headline the second stage. BUT because they would be performing during the day time. They couldn't do their light show. So they dropped out and Soul Fly took their spot.
I'd be ecstatic seein Ministry again .....been 20 years...lollopalooza "92".They played at dusk so the light show didn't come into play.Still it was a FANTASTIC  show

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2012, 04:14:55 am »

What is the latest date that Ozzfest has ever been announced?
April?
May?
June?
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2012, 06:59:22 am »

April?
May?
June?

I think Ozzfest 2010 was announced in late April that year and tickets were onsale in May.  I'm still not too hopeful, but we do know that Sabbath is playing Lollapalooza so they will be in the states for that.  I'm hoping that is not the only Sabbath/Ozzy and Friends date for the U.S.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
slayeraddict666

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2012, 11:58:14 pm »

April?
May?
June?

I think Ozzfest 2010 was announced in late April that year and tickets were onsale in May.  I'm still not too hopeful, but we do know that Sabbath is playing Lollapalooza so they will be in the states for that.  I'm hoping that is not the only Sabbath/Ozzy and Friends date for the U.S.

Black Sabbath actually said that'll be their only summer date in the USA this year :/ ...there's still a chance we may get Ozzy & Friends though!
minime

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 24, 2012, 03:55:48 pm »

they way I see it.....

any Ozzy tour is a good tour for us all....

if he is half as good as he was on the Scream tour...it will be  will be one for the ages...

Grin

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 24, 2012, 09:29:57 pm »

they way I see it.....

any Ozzy tour is a good tour for us all....

if he is half as good as he was on the Scream tour...it will be  will be one for the ages...

Grin

Sounds good to me!  I'm not going to Chicago for Sabbath, I hope Ozzy and friends does a few cities in the US and a little closer to me than Chicago.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 25, 2012, 07:28:45 pm »

I love Ozzy and everything, but I have a hard time getting excited about an Ozzy and friends tour in an indoor arena.  I would have to go to one show, but I would never do multiple shows like I would for sabbath or any Ozzfest.  Especially since he's done solo shows every year for the past 5 years. 
slayeraddict666

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2012, 11:22:51 pm »

Alright I'm getting a little bit ancy, I'm not sure that they've ever announced an Ozzfest this late. I think last year it was around May 10th that they announced that there WOULDN'T be an Ozzfest, although I could be mistaken.
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 27, 2012, 05:18:29 am »

Alright I'm getting a little bit ancy, I'm not sure that they've ever announced an Ozzfest this late. I think last year it was around May 10th that they announced that there WOULDN'T be an Ozzfest, although I could be mistaken.

I'm sure we'll get word soon, one way or another.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 27, 2012, 12:40:15 pm »

Give it another couple of weeks.  It wouldn't be ozzfest if they gave people advanced notice. 
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:21 pm »

Give it another couple of weeks.  It wouldn't be ozzfest if they gave people advanced notice. 

That's the unfortunate truth.  I remember the first 5 or 6 Ozzfests used to announce the lineup in late january, then the tour dates announced in february, then in march they went onsale, and by end of may, early june Ozzfest started.  It was plenty of time to gather up the dough.  I miss those days.  Now for any band it's announcement, 2 days later tickets on sale for an event that won't happen for another 6 months to a year.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 27, 2012, 10:49:28 pm »

It really is unfortunate.  It's been such a great festival over the years.  But the way it's run, is one big clusterfuck.  Especially when you see every other major festival posting dates and lineups in January.  What's annoying is, they always know dam well what their plan is, but they don't find it necessary to let the fans in on it.  They choose to wait till the last I is dotted and the last T is crossed before they deem it necessary to let the fans in on the most basic amount of info.  Like if there's actually gonna be a fest.  It's even harder on the kids who don't have a lot of money and need that much more time to plan and get the cash together.  The kids make up a huge portion of the base too.   But I do understand why this year things would be sort of up in the air.  
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2012, 10:31:16 am »

It really is unfortunate.  It's been such a great festival over the years.  But the way it's run, is one big clusterfuck.  Especially when you see every other major festival posting dates and lineups in January.  What's annoying is, they always know dam well what their plan is, but they don't find it necessary to let the fans in on it.  They choose to wait till the last I is dotted and the last T is crossed before they deem it necessary to let the fans in on the most basic amount of info.  Like if there's actually gonna be a fest.  It's even harder on the kids who don't have a lot of money and need that much more time to plan and get the cash together.  The kids make up a huge portion of the base too.   But I do understand why this year things would be sort of up in the air.  

In the past 6 years I'll say with the Ozzfests we've had it definitely has been a clusterfuck.  I think Sharon is too busy doing her TV gigs to really focus on putting anything together and Ozzy, well it's just not his thing to organize.  This year obviously with Iommi's cancer and Ward's hold out has put a strain on any planning.  I was hoping for an end of the world best Ozzfest ever to be pulled out of Sharon's ass but that was wishful thinking.  I mean how cool in 2012 would it have been to send Ozzfest off once and for all with a killer lineup and big tour.  Just one last time.  I mean next year if they would do that it would be nice but being 2012 and the end of the Mayan calendar and all that stuff, a big end all Ozzfest would have been perfect.

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 28, 2012, 02:11:38 pm »

I totally agree with you Matt
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: