HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So has anyone official even confirmed that Ozzfest 2012 is still happening?  (Read 19040 times)
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2012, 02:19:50 pm »

Also, Mayhemfest has probably been making it hard to get some bands (you've got to admit, they use a lot of bands that Ozzfest would like).

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2012, 06:56:59 am »

Also, Mayhemfest has probably been making it hard to get some bands (you've got to admit, they use a lot of bands that Ozzfest would like).

Most Definitely.  Not sure if maybe Mayhemfest is offering a sweeter deal for bands than maybe Ozzfest but Mayhem seems to be beating Ozzfest to the punch the last couple of years.  Overall I'd take an Ozzfest over a Mayhem, but that doesn't seem to be a choice anymore.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2012, 02:13:51 pm »

They are giving a sweeter deal to the 2nd stage bands.  Ozzfest charges them 75k to go on that tour.  Mayhemfest doesn't charge them, but actually PAYS them.

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2012, 10:09:39 pm »

There it be then.  I think I'd still pick to be on Ozzfest if I was a new band.  Not that it's an option in 2012 but still just look at how many bands have made it big and others have had solid careers coming from the Ozzfest 2nd stage.  It was a good breeding ground.

AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2012, 10:51:34 am »

They are giving a sweeter deal to the 2nd stage bands.  Ozzfest charges them 75k to go on that tour.  Mayhemfest doesn't charge them, but actually PAYS them.

any idea how much?  do they cover their travel expenses and pay per diems?  or insurance?

I know I've ranted about this before but that $75K is an investment to keep out the boogers.  it's like a security deposit on your apartment except you get it back from the fans.  it insures that you are not booking a bunch of idiots who aren't ready for the big time.  and if they come off that tour turning on new fans who buy their shit and come back for more they have done their job.

back when I helped my friends' bands get gigs years ago, to insure that the bar wasn't going to be empty for a unknown new band, the booking agent made us buy $500 worth of tickets and do whatever we wanted to do to get our asshole friends to show up.  we could give them away (we used to run contests with our local metal station), sell them for whatever we could get for them and that's what we got paid.  after we packed the place
they got paid very nicely after that with regular gigs.

if you didn't learn the very valuable marketing lesson from that experience, stay out of the music business.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2012, 07:13:36 pm »

any idea how much?  do they cover their travel expenses and pay per diems?  or insurance?

I know I've ranted about this before but that $75K is an investment to keep out the boogers.  it's like a security deposit on your apartment except you get it back from the fans.  it insures that you are not booking a bunch of idiots who aren't ready for the big time.  and if they come off that tour turning on new fans who buy their shit and come back for more they have done their job.

back when I helped my friends' bands get gigs years ago, to insure that the bar wasn't going to be empty for a unknown new band, the booking agent made us buy $500 worth of tickets and do whatever we wanted to do to get our asshole friends to show up.  we could give them away (we used to run contests with our local metal station), sell them for whatever we could get for them and that's what we got paid.  after we packed the place
they got paid very nicely after that with regular gigs.

if you didn't learn the very valuable marketing lesson from that experience, stay out of the music business.

Yeah I wonder about all the ins and outs too.  Sharon is very hush hush about the contracts and stuff.  I heard the 2nd stagers got a share in the profits even with paying $75K, a small share but in Ozzfests hay day a small share went a long way and probably covered or came close to covering the $75K.

IbanezJS

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 01, 2012, 10:31:17 pm »

Ok OZZFEST. It's time you say something. Mayhemfest has been announced and so has Uproar...Your the last one. If you can at least confirm for us weather it is or isnt happening and weather or not it will be a full tour we will be happy.
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:18 am »

Please hold until a technician can answer your query

The expected hold time is

Another 60 days
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »

I love how the wizard came in and cleaned up the spam after this post

and I just got my reminder card from Live Nation for season ticket packages
and there's still only 4 dates listed at Alpine this summer
with plenty of open time to book another couple o' shows
including my birthday weekend

hint hint   Wink

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 03, 2012, 07:33:23 am »

A few more weeks and I believe ozzfest will break their own record of the latest date without making even one announcement.   
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 03, 2012, 10:14:38 pm »

Either that or they are just letting it die without fair warning

slayeraddict666

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2012, 12:30:51 am »

A few more weeks and I believe ozzfest will break their own record of the latest date without making even one announcement.   

What's the latest they've gone so far?
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2012, 12:21:18 pm »

What's the latest they've gone so far?

I believe it was 2nd or 3rd week in May with that major screwjob in 2008.  They strung the fans along all the way up until Mid May just so they can tell the fans that Ozzfest is only one show and no tour that year. 
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2012, 03:24:33 pm »

The when/where was actually announced in March when Rigor Mortis added it to their myspace page.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2012, 06:16:31 pm »

Yeah but one opening band posting something on their myspace page about 1 date confirms nothing.  The point is, there was no official announcement about their being only 1 date on this website till almost the 3rd week in May.  So the ozzfest camp knew for over a year that that was their plan, but waited till Mid May to let the fans know.  I'm not trying to rehash the 2008 disaster.  I'm just pointing out that that was the longest they ever kept the fans waiting to make the announcement and they're closing in on that very impressive (or unimpressive) record very soon.   
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: