HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Roger Waters...The Wall  (Read 3067 times)
minime

View Profile
« on: May 12, 2012, 12:35:01 pm »

Wow,dont even kow where to start.Well lets just start buy saying that me and my wife try to make as many concerts and or live performances as we can through out the year.We try to stay deverse in the type music we listen to  the type show we go to.We both have been very very Fortunate in the 25 years we have been married to have the pleasure of seening some of the most iconic musician performing live in any giving life time.Now granted we do like our metal shows,but over the past few years we have ben very lucky to see such greats as Rod Stewart to Bob Segar to Paul McCartney,Don Henly with and without the Eagles,Stevie Nicks with and with out Fleetwood Mac,Blue Oyster Cult,The Steve Miller Band,Tom Petty,Roger Daltry performing the Who's Tommy Live,Eric Clapton,The Doobie Brothers and all points in Between.We both live in Northern Califorina just out San Francisco and if anyone of you know about the music secne here then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Last nite here in San Francisco we had the pleasure and I do mean the pleasure of seeing one of the most iconic Rock Figures perfrom live one of the most Iconic Albums ever recorded ..Roger Waters  The Wall live.I was a lil young to understand how much of an impact Pink Floyd's Dark side of the Moon had on music and culture itself and was a little late joining the party on Animals.By the time I got to high school Pink Floyd has released The Wall,for a 17 year old kid trying to figure out his way threw life,comeing off the '70s disco and dance area it was very had to figure out what type of muisc I really wanted to make an impact on me personally.Now granted ,I have and older brother and sister who grew up in the '70s and I had my fair share of bands like Sabbath,Zepplin,Kiss,Uriah Heep,The Who and what not.But again was a little young to realize the impact these bands were makeing.So in 1979 when The Wall was released,thats when I knew the Direction I was supposed to go.When I got the chance to buy the tickets for this concert. I jumped on it.Last nite was one of the amazeing shows I have ever seen.Not only hearing but seeing this iconic album perfomed live was something to behold.From the stunning visual effects,to the building of The Wall threw out the show,to seeing one of my favorite guitarist G.E Smith perform to ultimately seeing Roger Waters on stage is something I will hold closely and deeply in my Heart..If any of you guys get to see this tour,please do it is something that needs to experienced within you life time.....
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 03:19:42 pm by minime » Logged

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2012, 07:33:08 am »

This make me feel even more excited for this concert!  If you say it's this good then July 3rd needs to get here fast!  Thanks for the review.  I really can't wait for this show now!  I mean I got Rob Zombie/Megadeth/Lacuna Coil this week so that will be cool, but Roger Waters on July 3rd seems like THE show to see.

See you in the darkness wanker! ::finger
minime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2012, 11:51:32 am »

this is a big budget show..Roger Water spared no expense for this Tour...The band he has playing with him are great musicans and did such a wonderful job performing...Chech the Mech booth out 2 things  to look for,get the tour program its worth the 25 bucks...Shits are about 40-45 bucks hoodies are about 60..but the one shirt you need to look for is the that says ''Trust Us'' on the front.On the Back it was say ''Roger Waters performs the Wall 2012'' at such and such city....example.. mine says the Wall Performed at AT@T Park San Francisco..

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2012, 12:03:13 pm »

I was planning on getting a shirt too!  I like the sound of the individualized concert date tee.  I guess mine will say "Roger Waters performs the Wall 2012 at Consol Energy Center Pittsburgh."  Love it!  My seats are in the first row of the upper deck but pretty close to the stage.  It should be a great view.  I bought these tickets in October 2011 I think.  I've been sitting on these for a while!

minime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 12:46:35 pm »

I got mine in Dec of last year....the show is a pricey as hell,we paid 300 bucks for our tickets..great seats,club level seating in a BaseBall park is always nice..it was worth every  penny......

minime

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2012, 12:55:01 pm »

Matt....

one of the many great reviews of the show here in San Francisco ..

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2012/05/12/review-roger-waters-in-san-francisco/

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2012, 09:47:48 pm »

Perfect! Thanks!

BERGER
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2012, 07:15:03 pm »

I saw this in Montreal on October 20, 2010, paid $275 for a third row seat, and then again with my girlfriend on November 4, 2010.  The show is exactly like the 1985 tour.  No matter what you pay for the ticket it is worth it.

minime is right.  You should not miss this.
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:26 am »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/music/ct-roger-waters-at-wrigley-field-pg,0,4321191.photogallery

here's the review of the show last weekend.  I didn't get to go.  friends who went and listened from Yak Zee's beer garden across the street said scalpers were still asking for $500 at intermission.
and the cops were being dicks about making sure no one was "loitering" - if you didn't have a ticket and weren't in a bar or on your way to one, keep moving along.

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2012, 02:31:24 pm »

Nice.  July 3rd is so close!  It's the next concert on my list.

minime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 08:24:31 pm »

oh...boy Matty you will enjoy this on...one for the ages buddy...

we just seen the Scorpions this past weekend and that was a GREAT! show,but The Wall is still by far the best show of the summer so far,for me....

so far..The Wall,Van Halen and the Scorpions..got 10 more sets of tickets on sitting on my dresser...

from now untill mid October....goin to be a great summer....

Grin

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2012, 04:00:52 pm »

Looks like you have a big summer lined up Mini me!!!!!
MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2012, 09:57:58 pm »

oh...boy Matty you will enjoy this on...one for the ages buddy...

we just seen the Scorpions this past weekend and that was a GREAT! show,but The Wall is still by far the best show of the summer so far,for me....

so far..The Wall,Van Halen and the Scorpions..got 10 more sets of tickets on sitting on my dresser...

from now untill mid October....goin to be a great summer....

Grin

I only have two left on the docket but I'm probably going to add Alic Cooper to the list.  But right now I'm left with:

July 3rd - The Wall
August 23rd Dethklok, Lamb of God, Gojira.

If I go to see Cooper it will be July 15th.  tickets are only $25 so I'll most likely go.

minime

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, 04:05:38 pm »

this what I got goin this summer...

June 29th The Fab 4 Beatles tribute band
July 1st Mayhem Fest...
July 14th Steve Miller and Pat Benatar
July 15th Foreigner
July 17th Ringo Starr
August 13th Heart
Aug 16th Kiss and Motley Crue
August 18th ZZ Top
September 9th Styx
October 6th Lynyrd Skynyrd

its  not the biggest or Loudest shows,but if you add Roger Waters,Van Halen and the Scorpions in there,I think is a pretty good summer line up......... Grin
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 04:09:15 pm by minime » Logged

MattSabbath13
Metalhead til Dead
Community

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, 10:12:01 pm »

That is a pretty good summer set.  The other shows I've hit already were Gigantour, Van Halen, Shinedown, and Zombie/Megadeth.  I think I've done pretty well this year.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: