HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ozzfest Japan 2013  (Read 9449 times)
Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:23 pm »

The Japanese installment of Ozzy Osbourne's travelling festival, Ozzfest, will take place on May 11-12, 2013 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba City (outside Tokyo). The lineup for the event has not yet been announced.

"Ozzy and I want to tell you that May 2013 we will bringing Ozzfest to Japan for the first time ever," Osbourne's wife/manager Sharon said in a video announcement (see below). "We are so excited. Please be there because we love you Japan."

Sharon recently revealed that BLACK SABBATH will tour Australia next spring, leading to speculation that SABBATH will also headline Japan's Ozzfest.

Ozzfest, which began in 1996, has not been a traveling festival since 2007's "free" edition. The show morphed into a one-off event in Dallas in 2008, also featuring METALLICA, before taking 2009 off.

The 2010 U.S. Ozzfest played in just six cities, with OZZY OSBOURNE co-headlining with MÖTLEY CRÜE and the rest of the main stage filled out by HALFORD, the solo band of JUDAS PRIEST singer Rob Halford, along with DEVILDRIVER and NONPOINT.

The aging festival faced increased competition in recent years from the annual Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem tour, as well as the Uproar festival.
minime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 10:10:23 am »

well...ok Ozzfest still has some life left to it.....thats real good news...Sabbath reunion in the Spring ..thats even better news..

Grin

Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 10:19:10 am »

I'm going to be pissed if they don't book at least one show.

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 11:14:10 am »

For Ozzfest Japan:

SLIPKNOT is headlining Saturday night's show

and

BLACK SABBATH is headlining Sunday's nights show

Grin Grin Grin
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 09:29:14 am »

I don't think a single person here cares that there's an Ozzfest in Japan.  No offense, but I don't think any of us are going to either day.

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2012, 10:20:48 am »

OZZFEST JAPAN
TO DEBUT MAY 2013
AT MAKUHARI MESSE

PARTNERSHIP BETWEEN SHARON OSBOURNE
AND JAPANESE PROMOTER
HAYASHI INTERNATIONAL PROMOTION (H.I.P.)

Sharon Osbourne, in partnership with Japanese promoter Hayashi International Promotion (H.I.P.), has confirmed the first-ever OZZFEST JAPAN.  The two-day festival will debut Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12, 2013 at the Makuhari Messe arena just outside of Tokyo and will feature headlining performances from Black Sabbath--featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Geezer Butler and Tony Iommi--and Slipknot.

"We are excited for the opportunity to bring OZZFEST to Japan for the first time ever,” says Sharon Osbourne.  “We’ve got the perfect combination of Western and Japanese bands.  OZZFEST is also thrilled to be presenting Black Sabbath’s first-ever performance in Japan.”

The inaugural OZZFEST JAPAN line-up will be co-headlined by Grammy Award-winning multi-platinum rockers SLIPKNOT, who last performed in Japan in 2008. The remaining acts on the festival’s lineup will be revealed later this year, and according to organizers it will feature performances from a dynamic mix of international and domestic bands with the goal of establishing OZZFEST JAPAN as the leader in the Japanese rock festival market.  

Hailing from Birmingham, England, Black Sabbath released their self-titled debut album on February 13, 1970.  Their follow up album, the seminal masterpiece, UK #1 album Paranoid featured rock anthems “War Pigs” and “Iron Man,” as well as the title track, “Paranoid.”  Black Sabbath has sold in excess of 70 million records worldwide and has been proclaimed by MTV as the “Greatest Metal Band of All Time.”  In late 2011, the band announced their much-anticipated reunion and the band is currently recording their first new studio album in 33 years with producer Rick Rubin (it will be released in Spring 2013).  The band went on to perform highly acclaimed headlining shows this past summer at the Download Festival in the U.K.and Lollapalooza in the United States.

In the  more than 35-year history in Japan, promoter H.I.P. has worked with international superstars including AC/DC, Mariah Carey, Celine Dion, Guns N' Roses, as well as Japanese powerhouse newcomers Momoiro Clover and internationally acclaimed band Dir en grey.

Despite Japan reigning as the second largest music market in the world, OZZFEST JAPAN 2013 will represent the first major international music festival to ever travel to the country.

"We are thrilled to open a new chapter for this legendary festival in Japan,” H.I.P. President Massy Hayashi says of the significance of bringing OZZFEST to Japan.  “I think it will be the perfect chance to bring together the very best international rock music and also give us a chance to show how far Japanese rock has come in recent years.”

As of November 1, ticket prices are as follows: single-day tickets are JPY 14,000, weekend passes are JPY 27,000, weekend passes including an official festival t-shirt are JPY 30,000. All prices include consumption tax, box office commission and ticket printing fees.

The latest information on OZZFEST JAPAN can be found at www.ozzfestjapan.com.

About OZZFEST:  
Beginning in 1996, OZZFEST established itself as a virtual breeding ground for rising bands. The festival has been instrumental in igniting the careers of platinum-selling artists like System of a Down, Disturbed, Linkin Park, Incubus, Slipknot, Queens of the Stone Age, Godsmack, Avenged Sevenfold, Mudvayne, Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage and Lacuna Coil, among others. It was cited as “one of rock’s biggest juggernauts” in the cover feature of Sunday's New York Times' “Arts & Leisure” section (6/25/06).  In 2008, the festival changed to a one-day stadium spectacular in Texas that teamed OZZFEST founder and namesake Ozzy Osbourne (in his only U.S. concert appearance that summer) with Metallica (marking their OZZFEST debut).  
Piggy
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 05:53:24 pm »

I'm glad to see Ozzfest having another run, even though it's not in the US.
Crazy_eyes
I'm the king of Ozzfest
Community

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2012, 11:04:17 am »

I'm sure it will come here.  She CAN'T have an Ozzfest only in Asia or Europe.

Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 11:58:02 am »

Grin
Wizard_of_Ozz
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2012, 01:40:51 pm »

Tool, Slash, Deftones and Stone Sour Join Black Sabbath and Slipknot on Ozzfest Japan

The line-up for the first-ever OZZFEST JAPAN--set for Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12, 2013 at the Makuhari Messe arena just outside of Tokyo--keeps getting more spectacular. Tool
, Slash, Deftones and Stone Sour join previously announced headliners Black Sabbath and Slipknot.

OZZFEST JAPAN--a collaboration between Sharon Osbourne, in partnership with Japanese promoter Hayashi International Promotion (H.I.P.)-- will include Ozzfest alumni Black Sabbath (‘97, ’99, 2001, 2004 & 2005) Slipknot (’99, 2001, 2004 & 2005), Tool (’98, 2001, 2002) and Deftones (’99).

“We’ve assembled an amazing lineup for the first ever Ozzfest Japan. Black Sabbath, Slipknot, Tool, Slash, what more could you ask for?” says Sharon Osbourne “And we still have plenty of surprises to come. The Ozzfest Japan line-up will rival any of our previous festivals.”

“It took a long time for Ozzfest to come to Japan but I know the fans here are going to feel it was worth the wait,” Massy Hayashi says. “Of course, any time you have living legends like Black Sabbath on stage you know it is going to be a memorable event.” Last year, H.I.P. produced the sold-out one-day punk rock festival Air Jam at Yokohama Stadium.

Tickets pre-reservation started on November 25, ticket prices are as follows: single-day tickets are JPY 14,000, weekend passes are JPY 27,000, weekend passes including an official festival t-shirt are JPY 30,000. All prices include consumption tax, box office commission and ticket printing fees. The latest information on OZZFEST can be found at www.ozzfestjapan.com.
Pj0119

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 08:16:18 pm »

Anybody know when tickets go on sale?
Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2012, 02:41:06 am »

Sabbath are playing in NZ on 20 April
Tickets on sale tomorrow thru Live Nation pre sale
Bring it on!!!!
Gnomez
Community

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2012, 12:08:52 am »

I wonder why they set up a different website for ozzfest japan
Why not continue using this site for marketing the Japan show?
To me it makes sense to keep using the same site and format if they intend continuing the ozzfest brand?
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2012, 04:55:50 am »

is the NZ date an Ozzfest?  do you get two stages or the Village of the Damned
or the FYE booths or the carnival rides?

oh yeah . . .

NO CARNIVAL RIDES

I've always wanted carnival rides at Ozzfest

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
Haydaus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2012, 10:49:57 am »

Does anyone know whether it's possible to buy tickets to this from overseas? Trying to buy tickets from Australia and I can't seem to register for them, possibly because it's still early bird tickets?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: