HomeNewsTour DatesBandsHistoryOzzfest StoreOzTVPhotosForum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News: Welcome Back!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: will there ever be another full ozzfest?Huh?  (Voting closed: March 12, 2014, 07:01:10 am)
or will it be a selected number of citys - 2 (40%)
or is it done? - 3 (60%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ozzfest  (Read 1250 times)
metalman69
Community

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2014, 07:01:10 am »

what do you guys think?

frank grate
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »

I think it's done, but I could be wrong.  As great as it was over the years, I don't really miss it.  I enjoyed the shows themselves, but the ozzfest camp's secrets and mysteries and outright refusal to give the fans the smallest amount of info up untill almost the beginning of summer in some cases, really turned me off from this fest.  But if it happens, ofcourse I'll have to go.  Providing it's a tour and not some one off show and they give enough notice that I hadn't made other plans first.  2010 was a very limited tour and I was lucky enough to have shows in driving distance and they were awesome shows.  Black Sabbath has yet to release more tourdates, so that could be some glimmer of hope for an Ozzfest tour.  You never know
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 02:31:21 pm by Jayman » Logged
minime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:43 pm »

sadly  I agree with Jay.....the party is over ....turn out the lights

forsaken

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 01:53:58 am »

I still remember going to freefest and Ozzy saying to everyone "Goodnight, drive safe, and see you next year. I'm still waiting for next year to get here. It's a shame, but I agree. It's all over. Mayhemfest is the next closest thing but pales in comparison to the Ozzfest memories.

Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

I'm pretty happy with the Mayhemfest though.  To me it feels like the same vibe.  Obviously the MainStage lineups aren't in the same league as any Ozzfest has had, but I'm glad there's something comparable to it. 
FIRSTOZZYFAN
INTERSTELLAR AXEMAN
Community

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2014, 07:21:43 pm »

(Blammmoooo!!! FOF kicks the doors to this preposterous topic off the hinges,...enters,...looks around)

GIT THE HELLL OUTTA HERE! ! ! !  Theres no ending of OZZFEST! ! ! !  I recall no such official announcement.

Not to mention substantial obligations which include an OZZFEST in Japan,..and the Full Scale Production and Touring Support of a BLACK FUCKING SABBATH ALBUM! ! ! !,....that may,..possibly ,..could have had a small impact on the wherewithall of various KEY PERSONNEL which would have been instrumental in pulling off an Ozzfest.
I think the guys name is,.....ummmm, bear with me,...its coming to me,...I KNOW THIS! ! !,....shit!! Oh,..wait!!

OZZY!!! thats it my Ozzpals,...O Z Z Y is coming in a few weeks to Brooklyn NY and then finishing a LEG of the Black Sabbath 13 tour with some people he knows, Some Guy by the name of IOMMI and a dude named GEEZER.
Yeah,....thats it.
Personally my interpretation is that Ozzfest will go on and MAYBE it will have Black Sabbath,...but Ozzy for sure.
(mainstage) Sabbath would love the second stage,....it would be historical for damn sure. Imagine,...if you will.
End of Ozzfest??? I saw no signs, no good byes,...no tears in eyes,..Its NOT over until Ozzy says its so.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2014, 07:24:38 pm by FIRSTOZZYFAN » Logged

Gnomez
Village Idiot... and Lover of Sheep...
Community

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2014, 01:26:20 am »

Hey FOF you degenerate
How you doing?
I saw Sabbath in NZ on 4/20 last year
Awesome show and scored 2 x Tonys picks
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2014, 05:03:21 pm »

I think the fact that there's been only 1 ozzfest tour in the last 6 years may have something to do with the reason people consider the fest to be done.  And even that one was only 6 dates. 
AlpineValleyGirl
I Get Things Done!
Community

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2014, 06:33:24 am »

I was just scrolling thru setlist.fm looking at the last time we were at Alpine, thought about this place & came by, drunk at whatever o clock in the morning.  and the results are...

October 2006 for Aerosmith/Motley Crue -  the last and 45th time we saw Aerosmith was the best set we have ever seen by them ever.  and then August 2007 for Ozzfest

but it's great to see action over here.  FOF!!!  seriously thinking of taking five trains (I mapquested it)
from Chicago to NYC for the Brooklyn show.  we don't fly.  if we did we'd be in brisbane this weekend with Gnomez!

cool note;  we got to see Black Sabbath at Lollapalooza, and got Gnomez a shirt.  the next time Sabbath plays is NZ and Gnomez got me a shirt.

its been quite the summer.  our mom passed away july 2nd, a couple days after we saw Rush.  its like she put off dying to make sure we saw them, pushing us to get tickets even tho she was sick.  we ended up getting front row balcony seats in a corporate box thru stubhub.  that whole experience was a tale all of its own.

a month later, we went all out for Black Sabbath.  we bought out 13 seats in the same box and brought all our friends for me and my nephew's birthdays.  we made sure to bring all Ozzy/Black Sabbath virgins, who have never seen them before.  we had friends from 25 to 62 with us.  we got a limo but couldn't get our limo driver friend to drive because he was DRIVING THE BAND.  if I can get on this with my stupidphone I can maybe post some photos.  this is the youtube I put up of God is Dead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkAzmDjzQe0&list=UU0wVPYGF87MTtrIR4XLIBCw&feature=c4-overview

Tony, Geezer and Ozzy need to be honored better than they have, including their recent Grammy and years of touring through Tony's treatment schedule (ain't science grand?).  we have friends with leukemia and know how well it can be treated.  with good fortune we will see them back again.  at Alpine? 

Helping My Boss Find His Own Ass with Both Hands since 1986!
inyourpocket87

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2014, 11:22:38 am »

Ozzfest is dead. I don't know why they even bother keeping this website alive.

|-o-|...(-o-)...|-o-|
Mothafucka.
Jayman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2014, 03:06:13 pm »

Well they did have an Ozzfest in Japan last year.  But when it got to the point where they don't even bother telling the fans if there's a tour or a show anymore, then it's dead as far as I'm concerned. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: